do we have a legit financial crew here?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Eyerate, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

test
  2. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

I picked CSCO at 21.58 in 2008 still trying to get even on it.

My best calls so far: 361.75% gain on Netflix (closed recently), 418.44% gain on FCX (still active).

Overall my picks outperform the S&P by 6.14% and I am right 52% of the time (which is apparently pretty good). I don't have hardly any real money in the market this is all games. I recently renewed my interest in this shit but mortgage payment is gonna probably prevent me from being able to play too much with real money.

I'll probably have about a thousand bucks a month to throw around. I feel like 2011 will be a bull market but long term I am extremely doubtful about the prospects of all the advanced capitalist countries.
    test
  3. drewthetruth

drewthetruth ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

this thread been gay, you created it!

:shake:
    test
  4. drewthetruth

Penis is up 300% in eyerates ass!!! SELL NOW!!!!
    test
  5. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

I mostly deal in small to midcap companies but if you are looking for something bigger and safe to get into right now I'd say CHK, RIG, and AMAT look good to hold for a while. Always use limit orders.
    test
  6. Eyerate

CSCO was 25$ last month... i bought on the bad news 5$ loss at 20.08
    test
  7. Eyerate

i feel sorry for poor troll faggots :funny:
    test
  8. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

lol "mad money > eyerate"

More like "monkey throwing darts at a list of stocks > mad money"
    test
  9. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

Okay so here is my diversified portfolio of my 20 favorite stocks for 2011, broken down by sector. If I had a million dollars I'd take roughly equal positions in all of the following stocks.

Basic Materials: I think the bull market in commodities will continue in 2011 and probably intensify. One thing I don't like about my picks in this sector is that they are all extremely high volume superstar stocks (except YONG which is a speculative play). I tend to prefer either large cap safe bet stocks or stocks that fly under the radar. That being said, RIG, CHK and POT are all very solid companies that have taken major hits from their highs. I am very bullish on copper in particular, hence SCCO. Many people who are bullish on commodities prefer to buy the commodity itself rather than a company. I tend to go for companies even though it opens you up to additional risk. The upside is usually better than going with a commodity ETF or something like that.

RIG (Transocean)
    CHK (Chesapeake Energy)
    SCCO (Southern Copper)
    POT (Potash Corp)
    YONG (Yongye Biotechnology International)

Technology: I have a fetish for solar stocks that has caused me a world of pain (fuck ESLR). However, I think TSL is a very solid company. AMAT is one of the industry leaders in semiconductors and is also solar play. Rosetta Stone is interesting to me because they basically have zero serious competitors in language learning software. Huge upside if they can break into international markets where people want to learn English. Very speculative though. NCR is a very innovative company that makes stuff like ATM machines and all those self-checkout machines you see at the grocery stores now. Huge potential as retailers looking to cut costs will increasingly turn to point-of-sale technology like this.

AMAT (Applied Materials)
    RST (Rosetta Stone)
    TSL (Trina Solar)
    NCR (NCR Corporation)

Services: I am buying this company almost entirely because hedge fund superstar David Einhorn is. Solid financials, big buyback is anticipated.

IM (Ingram Micro)

Consumer Goods: I got lucky by getting into Starbucks near a bottom but for the most part I stay away from this sector. I hate having to guess what fickle consumer tastes will go for next. How are you supposed to figure out that Chipotle was going to be so successful? Fuck that shit, I'm going for toothpaste and cigarettes. I love PM since cigarette growth in emerging markets has a lot of upside. I like the dividends on these stocks too. REINVEST ALL DIVIDENDS. American car companies are having a lot of Cinderella stories in the media nowadays but I still like Tata motors.

PM (Philip Morris International)
    CL (Colgate)
    TTM (Tata Motors)

Healthcare: JNJ is a very safe value play and AFAM is a company that provides home health care. As all the baby boomers start to die home health care companies are going to get a ton of business. I like AFAM over its competitors such as AMED.

JNJ (Johnson and Johnson)
    AFAM (Almost Family)

Financial: This sector is pure toxic waste. I'm sure a lot of people are gonna get really rich by playing financials somehow, but I think anyone who tells you they are confident in knowing what

direction this shit is gonna go is fooling themselves. Nevertheless, I felt the need to have at least one financial stock and I went with HBC. I feel like it probably has fewer toxic assets than the US banks and I like its international exposure and dividend. I kinda liked GS because they are the puppetmasters of the US government and at its current price, Citibank is a pretty tempting speculative play. GLD is there for a little bit of insurance.

HBC (HSBC Holdings)
    GLD (Gold)

Industrial Goods: FLS has been a pick that I've scored big time on in the past few years. Very solid company. CX was once a darling emerging market stock but has taken massive hits in recent times. I'm betting on a recovery.

FLS (Flowserve)
    CX (Cemex)

Utilities: Very bullish on this Brazilian utility. Ken Fisher (one of the gurus with a decent track record) is also a big fan of it.

CPL (CPFL Energia)

There are going to be a fuckton of fashionable tech stocks that might be launching IPOs in 2011. Skype, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Hulu, Pandora, etc. I'm not gonna touch any of them with the possible exception of Facebook.
    test
  10. Eyerate

i was with you untill you said you financials are "toxic waste"...

also, why would you want to spread yourself across sectors you dont believe in? why even touch consumer goods?

why nothing chinese?

also, metals ETFs like SLV are going to directly mirror the price of the commodity.. saying that the upside on companies is usually better isnt true at all. and if you want to hedge yourself against a single company screwing the pooch ETFs are the best way to get exposure to a large chunk of the sector.

also, why wouldnt you touch any domestic tech IPOs? people are more IPO thirsty than EVER right now.
    test
  11. drewthetruth

:bj: :bj: :bj: :bj: :bj: :bj: :bj: :bj: :bj: :bj: :bj: :bj: :bj: :bj:
    test
  12. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

I really don't trust them. I remember when Citigroup was at $33 and all the analysts were saying that it was such a great bargain buy. I don't think the government will ever allow another major financial institution to go out of business but I still think they are going to be highly volatile and high risk investments for a while.

I like dependable value plays in consumer goods. I was just saying that I don't feel like I'm very good at picking what is going to be the next hot restaurant or clothing store.

YONG and TSL are Chinese companies. Granted they are pretty narrow and speculative. I think a broad based China ETF would be a solid gain next year too.

I like ETFs too. They are definitely safer investments. I think this copper ETF JP Morgan is coming up with is going to be a good one.

Well I was talking mainly about the anticipated internet IPOs like Skype. I'm not really convinced that many of these websites have stable business models. I'm sure they will make a lot of traders rich. Who knows maybe some of them will blow up, I just don't think I'll be able to figure out which one.
    test
  13. Eyerate

test
  14. drewthetruth

should i sell my enron stock or wait till next quarter???
    test
  15. Eyerate

TC looks interesting...
    test
  16. drewthetruth

tinychat?
    test
  17. Eyerate

WYNN again..
    test
  18. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

TC definitely looks good.

POT and RIG have run up 15% and 10% since I posted them here. Other shit has fluctuated. So far the Jizzfolio is just slightly edging the S&P.
    test
  19. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

i wake up everyday praying that THM is still above 9$

i have all my money in it TBH which is cool since it jumped from like 7 to 10 in a matter of a few weeks
    test
  20. Eyerate

closed 9.03.. your pants wet? might be a good time to jump off that. then again, might not. metals are always fun. im long on my physical gold to 1600, silver to 48.

TC is a GREAT look when you start to peel away the layers and discover whats really in that company.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.