do u hav the BALLS to tell me dis car aint look nice?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Ryder, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

well, in the south... as you can imagine, everyone has one. Or has had one here.
    test
  2. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

Well I drove the car in Japan.. and it is weird as fuck driving a RHD car. Although I drove a R33 but really not much difference between an R33 and R34. It was pretty much a BPU++ Skyline, so I can honestly say the car drove like a dream in terms of a performance oriented drive. It is expensive, but in Japan it is somewhat a common car, somewhat like AMG's are around my area. The most popular sports car has to be
    the Silvia. Nissan runs the streets in terms of nasty modified cars.
    test
  3. Tigre

LOL.. I don't hate American cars................ ok...... well .......... maybe a little, but that is just because of my experience with them.

I for one don't care for civics being fast as shit.. I can't get a hard on for a civic that runs 11's in the quarter. I respect it in terms of getting a 4 banger in the 11's is not an easy accomplishment. It is more impressive to get a 4 banger in the 11's than a V8. I would expect someone to get a Cobra to be in the 11's. But if it gets beat at the track by a SR20DET 240SX.. then that is something rare.

Although you are right.. I don't understand buying a civic for speed.. makes no sense to me, unless you just want a project car. Well in general, I don't really understand building a FWD for drag racing period. Sad thing is I have done it in my past, but it was just for bragging rights within our "own" community of cars.

But seriously .. I can name cars around that time that are better "performance" cars. I think when you talk performance, you are talking drag racing. I thought performance dealt with handling as well. But straight line performance is what american v8's were made for. When the C5 Z06 came out they finally put aside that stereotype and made it a damn good handling car, and now with the new C6 Z06 it has definitely put it's name into the spot light. But still 90g's for a vette is fucking ridiculous. As much as I have respect for the new Z06, I can't justify spending 90g's for handling and an engine. You have to give me an all around car for that money. I wiould spend 90 for a AMG, M series, or RS line. Give me the complete car... not just performance. I guess I am changing my preference with my older age..lol
    test
  4. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

GM is overpriced.... go to a chevy/gmc car lot and look at how ridiculous their prices are once you go to competiting lots.

and they wonder why they're in so much shit right now...

You can't sell cavaliers/cobalts for 20 fucking thousand dollars. lol
    test
  5. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

Arizona is all straight lines on every major highway and road.

so maybe I'm just used to driving straight a lot...

who knows.. my stuff handles good for what it is... it's a boat. its definately not gonna corner like an sti or a major suspension package.. but it's tight and clean when doing decent speed hard turns.. just gotta watch out for fishtailing.

I agree it's the all-around package.. and I do tend to misinterpret that for straight line performance.

so ok.. it's 2006... I'm looking around 00'-02', spending about 18-20k, looking for speed, performance, handling. And I've got my eye on a 01' Trans Am... what else could I look at comparable?

interesting to me.
    test
  6. Tigre

Well.. in the US.. used S4 for about 22-26g's.... which is something I am looking at right now. JDM Silvia's.. but honestly.. if you specify it to a specific year for a specific price range of course you will not find it. Because this has been stated already, American cars can't hold value with the exception of maybe 2 cars. Besides that you are not going to find a comparable car in that year for that cheap. You can find T/A's and Z28's all day for an avg of 15g's around here for 02's... What else can you find that is that cheap for the money. Go to europe and it is a different story. I will name you ten cars in that year range that can compete with a T/A for the price, same with Japan. But in the US.. japanese and european cars hold value.

Now you want me to find cars in that price range.. again I can easily name cars that will be comparable.
    test
  7. Snikka

yeah I got mine in 05'... so yeah name some comparable cars, if you wouldn't mind.

any year, and no high ass mileage... just stick to that price range.
    test
  8. Tigre

97 m3's, Silvia's, Rx7tt's, 95 3000gt Vr4's, 300zxtt's, 00 S4's, shitty ass Srt4's with factory option stg2 upgrade, 96 BMW 540's...
    test
  9. Snikka

97 M3 huh? damn I wish I would have thought of that.. but you know that car would have like 70-80k miles on it.
    test
  10. Tigre

Well weird thing is, atleast around my area is kids, and I do mean kids are selling their E36 M3's for used E46 M3's. They actually have no more than 60k miles on them and trying to get rid of them to pick up used 03 E46 M3's. So around my area I have even found low mileage 98's for 24g's. But I guess it all depends on the area you are in. Although I still can't find a M-coupe... not around here anyway. I really want that damn car for a weekend project car. I want to get rid of the EVO..... blah blah blah.. I can't keep a fucking car.
    test
  11. Snikka

every car you listed would have high mileage on it and it'll reflect in a low price, just cause most people, if they don't drive the car a lot and keep it low milage it'll retain most of it's value.

I know this kid got a 95' 3000gt vr4-tt, with 90k miles on it, he paid I believe 12k.

which I guess is "cool".. but how long is that car really gonna last.. I'm sure it's expensive as hell to fix up any of those cars listed once they get past a certain milage point they WILL eventually have issues.

but decent list if the milage/price was good. I'm the same way, I keep a car for like 2 years and get somthing new. I hopefully will keep this car longer. we'll see.

but I don't "project" cars.. I'll upgrade things and do shit to the car.. but it's always gonna be my daily driver.. I'm not into cars enough to keep a car solely just to work on.. and I don't know shit about mechanic type stuff anyways except the basics.
    test
  12. Tigre

I see what you are saying.. I would never get a high performance car with high mileage... thats just me. I usually know the person before I get the car or if not then those are the ones I buy to make a quick turn around profit on. As for the 3gt VR4... I would of never got it. I would think the turbo's are on their last leg, tranny issues I heard common in those cars.

I am a nut about project cars..although I am getting sick of doing them. I really hate going from car to car, although I do it all the time. I usually get rid of them in a year or so, and move on. Sometimes they are company cars I lease, and sometimes they are just my toys. The more I think of it the more I want to stop my obsessive and expensive hobby. I want to get just one car and a real beater car. So my conclusion is to sell my EVO and my S40t5 and just get a 93 civic beater and a Cayman. Doing the finances in my head selling the EVO I will get my money back with no problems, and the S40t5 I am on the positive side in terms of payment so that is no problem as well. So take those two payments combine them into one, and there is no problem in getting a Cayman. And I have no problems driving a 93 civic with 100k miles on it as a beater. Hopefully this summer I will make this shit happen. Even if I don't I am still selling the EVO without a doubt this year.
    test
  13. Wezzy

Wezzy Walk With Me

my thoughts exactly...lol...u need rims...ground effects??? that thing stock already has crazy ass ground effects...i dont think u could put ne thing else on that...its already got ground effects u dumb fuck...nothing is better than buying a car and putting money into the engine to make it fast...not buying stock...and say yea its fast...when you didnt put anything into it like your special now and you cant tell me that wing on the skyline serves no purposses...if you knew anything it has to do with handling at high speeds
    test
  14. Snikka

actually it doesn't... if you've ever looked at an RS camaro you'd see ground effects on an f-body, you piece of shit.

and I don't need rims.. I have 17's.. I'm fine with that... any bigger and I risk bending them and having to pay more money.

wtf does handling have to do with a wing?? I thought wings were for adding traction for rear wheel drive cars? wrong again dr. zulu.

go away.

and why would you buy a slow car and MAKE IT FAST... thats the dumbest shit I ever heard of... waste of fucking money.. I bought 320hp and 340lbs of torque stock as fuck..

gimme all that money you're gonna waste on making your car fast and i'll make mine twice as fast as yours.. deal?
    test
  15. Snikka

yeah I just need a car for work/school/etc..

otherwise, I ain't worried about it.. I got my car cause thats what I wanted, not for any other reason like fuel economy or luxurious ride and options.

I probably won't sell mine for another year at least...
    test
  16. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

I understand why someone would buy slow and make fast.... sleeper.

Take my buddy for example with his SS camaro (96 or so... somewhere around in there).... He was absolutely embarassed by a CRX a few months ago lol... i mean toyed with.

I could only imagine how hard the guy in the crx was laughing.
    test
  17. Snik Diesel

Snik Diesel Hey there buddy!

I could only imagine the amount of money he had to put into that car.

I've been kept up with by, fuck, I don't even know what it was.. looked like an integra or some shit.. I couldn't get a make/model.

he kept up with me up to about 120 and was pulling like a bitch.. I couldn't believe it.. so there's no doubt in my mind you can MAKE CARS FAST.

but that's not my style.

on the other hand I swear I beat a GTO one time.

I've kept up with a C5.

I don't know man... any way you look at it, my car is plenty fast.
    test
  18. Snik Diesel

Snik Diesel Hey there buddy!

make no mistake about it.. a late model f-body has a corvette engine and it's underated as hell.
    GM couldn't make a production car and put it out on the lot that would so closely put out numbers like a corvette that costs 15-20 grand more.

LIKELY... off the lot.. a stock 00-02' LS1 puts out 340hp+.

thats what I"ve read... but getting a DYNO is expensive as hell.
    test
  19. Sprinta_01

Sprinta_01 can't deny the skillz....

/\ /\did u get the governor taken out??? i coulda sworn the SS/WS6's cut out at like 120 or something, i know i was able to take my GSR to 140 (all stock) when i had it....
    test
  20. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

I think he said he couldnt find a ws6...

not sure though.

But yeah, the TA is fast... from a stop it's a beast.

Look at the 97 (i think?) Impala SS... pop the hood and you're looking at a corvette.

may be watered down... not sure, but still.... ls1? something like that.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.