do u hav the BALLS to tell me dis car aint look nice?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Ryder, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

here's my take:

an ss looks like it could probably beat you.

a ws6 looks like it's coming over to do it.

I need a ram air hood.... bastards.
    test
  2. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Uh.... snikka, i cant even point out all the dumb things you just said.

a skyline is AWD... the wing is justified just as much as your TA.

Nobody said the TA is slow. It's the cheapest speed money can buy, if you're buying off the lot atleast.

I was joking about the mitsu.... seriously man. Get with it.

The 600hp TA wasn't mine. It is my girls' mother's. Who at the time was thought to be getting too sick to drive it. As I said before, they (her and my girl's dad) built drag cars for a living.
    They were looking into the ZO6 you're highly on... untill they realized they'd be paying too much to get a slower car than what they currently drive.

anyway -

80,000 for a fucking AMERICAN CAR?????.... You'd be stupid to even think of it.

I don't think you realize what you can do using the vette engine, or any other powerful engine.... in those small cars you don't care for. It's common sense.

But that zo6 will be able to do one thing well.... and very well.... drive in a straight line. It'll still LOSE on the track to all those other cars above. Because Chevy is ran by complete fucking idiots/genius' that know they can pump up hp #'s and people will be impressed.... regardless of how shitty the car handles and drives all around.

80 grand for a domestic... haha... that's one high-rolling redneck.

Give me a BMW 6 series over that any day. Give me a dodge viper over that any day. If you're gonna go american, might aswell get the best. Give me a porsche 911.... you get the point. Plenty better rides for that sort of money.

does the new zo6 still have that same shitty interior chevy has used in every vehicle for the last 20 years?...
    test
  3. Snikka

the majority of the wings and kits I see on the highway are ricers... I haven't seen a single skyline on the road yet in Arizona.

you speak like they are produced here.. it's like buying a true Type-R.. you fucking can't get one in this country. I don't get your argument.

The MSRP on a new z06 is 65,000.. with every available upgrade MAYBE 80k out the door.. Quote "while hardly cheap, is less than a half and even a third the price of many of the exotics it competes with. In fact, consider this: The 2006 Z06 is lighter than the hyperexotic Ferrari F430, is 2 miles per hour faster (198 versus 196), and is about a quarter of a second quicker to 60 miles per hour. And, of course, costs about a three-bedroom, two-bathroom-townhouse (at least in Tennessee) less than the prancing stallion from Italy. "

go fucking learn somthing. You couldn't find a comparable car for that money.. How can you even compare a BMW 6 series? You better go find a M5 v10 to even remotely compare... oh yeah, those cost what? like 130k or so?

you don't know anything about the z06 whatsoever.. You just assume it's American that it's only powerful and no handling or styling.. GO FUCKING READ.. Here: "Let's give Chevy's official Z06 performance numbers a review, in order of absolute incredulity: 198 miles per hour, 3.7 seconds to 60 mph, 505 horsepower, 475 lbs of torque"

"Those aluminum and magnesium bits result in a curb weight of 3,132 pounds, 47 pounds less than the base Corvette coupe and 67 less than Ferrari's F430. That light weight also helps explain why the damn thing accelerated so hard out of VIR's pit row, and why it can compete with the best exotic sports cars in the world."

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=107094

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=19&article_id=9017

this car competes with ANY exotic at WELL BELOW their price in every category of performance including handling..

the bottom line porche twin turbo isn't even as fast as this vette, and it's around 120,000 dollars... a viper weighs over a thousand pounds more than the vette and can't even remotely compete.

go cry for me.

oh cool, you drove grandma's car for a week and took an opinion.. fuck outa here.. you couldn't even name what made up that 600 horsepower..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Read em and weep.
    test
  4. Snikka

and lol @ calling a domestic owner a redneck.

SAD.

you own a late model mitsubishi and some old bmw 3-series and you're talking trash?

hey that mitsu was LIKELY produced in the U.S. and last I checked they used Chrysler engines.. CHRYSLER. How much lower can you get?

Hey my cousin just got a new escalade with 22's... yeah, HUGE redneck.

Yeah, my step bro's 2005 silverado with the extreme edge package (500HP+?), definately redneck.

just cause you have money to spend on somthing that's not imported, you MUST be a redneck.
    test
  5. Snikka

and just to add insult to injury:

test
  6. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

How can you get much lower than Chrysler?

GM???? lmao...

GM man... the worst of the worst. Chrysler is atleast owned by Mercedes now... so...

someone driving a GM can't diss the quality of any other make... maybe kia... and hyundai, etc... but atleast they provide nice warranties for the garbage they make.

There's a reason GM is falling off the face of the earth.

Anyway -

You keep talking this shit about comparisons, with exotic models... but exotic models are exotic models... a corvette is not an exotic model. A corvette will never have the resale value of an exotic model... never the quality of an exotic model... never ANYTHING other than maybe better straightline speed than exotic models....
    How much of the price falls off a vette as soon as its driven off the lot? 14 grand or so?.... it's something like that.

Anyway, you're missing the point... I've given your shitty F-Bodies the credit they deserve. They're fast. Cheap, shitty made vehicles, but fast.... as long as we're only talking straight line speed.
    You did watch that video of the vette tagging along in that one video, right?.... That's a real race...

And yes, I'm sorry... anyone that'll spend 80 grand on an american vehicle is more than likely a lottery winner from southern alabama.

Now, criticise my vehicles all you wish, but lets put them up for sale and see who comes out with more in their pockets... what do you say? Should we Kelly Blue Book it?.. lol...

I don't drive beasts. I dont claim to. But a skyline is a DREAM CAR for many.

a trans-am.... uh... lol... they dont even make them anymore due to shitty sales.

There are skylines in america... you wont see many, because there arent many. However what you will see are many old ass 240sx drivers looking for some clueless dick like yourself in their big'o'muskul car... and they'll take your money. SRDET engines are common swaps... very common.

and the things you could do with that bmw... you don't understand value... at all.
    test
  7. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I dont think you know anything about projects out there...

you've got fucking golf GTI's pushing close to 600 hp and doing 0-60 in just as good times as the ZO6....

and I guarantee it was a lot cheaper than that shitty gm.
    test
  8. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

lol.. I can't believe I wasn't in this discussion..lol

But yeah.. The Skyline is the ultimate car of "its" time. It pulled about 1G on the skidpad, the R33 and 34's run 0-60 in under 5 seconds even with a shitty driver. High 12's in the quarter.. and a clutch that withstands 6k drops. The wing has functionality so we should all be able to get over that point. Nothing ricey about a RB26DETT engine. That engine puts 1000hp on it with a stock block. I would dare to say it is better than the 2jz engine, which is saying a lot, but only by inches.

IS the skyline a better car than the Z06?... umm the Skyline is a 6 year old car that has been faded out because it never had the ability to reach american shores, except by importing them through MOTOREX...which is now not even able to be done now. And even when it was it was such an rediculously expensive process, it wasn't worth it besides just to have a piece of incredible japanese engineering. So comparing •••••s to •••••s would be comparing the C4 body to a Skyline..LOL.. can't do that, cause it would be a slaughter for the C4. Even the C5 Z06 would get beat by a stock R34, so not much else to say about it.

I am sure their is other stuff to elaborate on, but I am too lazy to read all that ish up there. I am pretty much in agreeance to Rip's views on the skyline.
    test
  9. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I don't blame you.

Let's just end it with this:

Snikka thinks his TA is better than an R34... right, snikka? Thats what i've gotten out of this atleast.

Like I said, I like the TA... more than any other recent american muscle car in it's range (mustangs/camaros). But... yeah.

Though i still stand by this: a corvette is the only american car i'd ever buy if i had the funds and options... and i still doubt it'd be my choice.
    test
  10. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

True, especially since the mark up on a new Z06 is 95G's....... umm get the fuck out of here. 95G's for a chevy.. are you serious??? So if I get my car in for service, what car can they possibly give me for a loaner.. a Cobalt? a Trailblazer? Shiiiiiittt... fuckers better rent me an Masserati or something..
    test
  11. Snikka

GM sales > Chrysler sales. Go read.

I have a beautiful 4 year warranty on my whip, so i'm SURE they exist for any other GM make.

wtf does resale value have to do with anything? who fucking cares about value.. if you're buying a 90,000 dollar car.. you probably have money to spare.. and I've seen more new Z06's on the road than I have any other exotic that's remotely comparable.

ACCEPT that the z06 is the better car all around.

I didn't want your credit to my car.. I said what I liked.. and felt like debating. I don't dig IMPORTS that you can't even BUY in the U.S. You're barking up a tree.. You can't go to a dealership and try the new skyline and maybe taking one home... You wanna convince me how great a car is, let me drive it... but that CERTAINLY won't be happening any time soon.

Just like dude said another time. "I haven't had to take a hard turn at 60 mph, but my car handles GREAT"

are you taking perpendicular turns at speeds above 40, asshole? You act like the highway and roads are a fucking rally race..

I love how you turned this into a "value" discussion. I already won the reasonsing why the Z06 is the better overall automobile (maybe not the best choice if you're spending the money), but the BETTER vehicle overall. Try to compare it to cars you can AT LEAST FUCKING BUY in the STATES.

I've had this stupid debate with my friends about their old supra's, sti's, 240sx's.... dude those cars DONT APPEAL TO ME.. they are small.. and with all the work you have to put into them just to make them REMOTELY COMPETE with my car, well.. give me that money and see what I do.

and when did I say I wouldn't take a M5 over a new z06.. I'm just simply comparing the two.... I'd take a lot of cars over a z06.. but I'm not gonna discredit the z06 because of that. I already won this argument like many replies ago if you'd just read things and actually know what you speak of.
    test
  12. Snikka

yeah great.. well that car is still a fucking GTI GOLF at the end of the day.

it's fast.. but with all that money you put into that car to MAKE IT FAST, I'm SURE any car could do the same thing and beat it.

what a fucking stupid argument you try to make.

Hey, I could go take a c5 and put 10 grand worth of work into it also.. but you'd just say the GM is shitty either way.. cause you're an idiot.
    test
  13. Snikka

I honeslty have NO IDEA where this argument stemmed from.

but I like to debate random nonsense.

You guys are so hyped about a car you can't even buy in the STATES. what's the price on one of those? i'm SURE it's gotta be expensive if it delivers all this.
    test
  14. Snikka

I guess that's one way of looking at it.

but if you actually owned the car you'd know.

see cause my cousin had a C5 about 2 years ago... and when it went in for work (rarely), they gave him another vette.
    test
  15. Snikka

you guys are so down on american cars.. it's honestly sickening.. I don't understand it.... what country do you live in?

every car on the road has maintenance issues.. you act like my car has so many problems.

i haven't had to take it in to the dealership yet and i'll be approaching a year soon. I know guys with well over 100k on their TA's and still going without major issues.

Sure, a toyota or a civic is gonna be the BETTER VALUE and probably more reliable in the LONG RUN... but, who the fuck buys a civic for speed? or a camry to break 1/4th records?

there's no comparable car on the market that would have been a better choice around for a late model 20,000 dollar price range automobile that can compare with a big ass engine f-body with low miles as far as STOCK performance... why is this so hard to accept?

you guys seem to think that buying a lesser car and putting massive amounts of work into it is the better choice from a performance aspect... how about just buying a car that's a performance auto to begin with.. did that cross anyones mind?
    test
  16. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I live here and understand that american products in general are SHIT.

I dunno what stories your daddy told you about american quality.... but it sucks. It always has. Its why nobody wants american products.... other than americans, and apparently - not enough of them want them.

True, you can't buy an R34 in the states, but you can MAKE an equivelant for much cheaper. Drop the crate engine in a 240, and go to work....

Reliability is shit with GM. They do nothing at all to improve. They don't have to... or so they think, because there are enough stupid rednecks out there that'll buy their shit nomatter how quick it breaks down.

sad truth.

And yes, a GTi at the end of the day is a GTi.... and you're in a fucking PONTIAC.

.....???

Atleast the VW is going to last. Atleast its going to hold up value....

jesus christo man... lol....

You bought american for the right reason.... horsepower. But thats ALL you got out of the deal. Styling is extremely dated...and everything else is blah.
    test
  17. Snikka

well, me personally I've owned only 5 cars in my life.

and 3 of them were GM's, thus how I formed an opinion based on personal experience.

1 was a lexus.

1 was a mercury (but it was my first car in high school for 1,000 bucks.. so I don't really count that for anything)

I tried to expand my mind into an import, I had that es300 for 2 years, 97' with 56k miles on it.. shit was FLAWLESS.

but once I got into 100k.. in fact, past 75k... maintenace is expensive and I even had a warranty, and I had to get work done couldn't believe the price to work on these cars.. I mean the technology is amazing.

so yeah it held it's value.. but that shit isn't a joke... if you own a BMW, Lex, Benz... the cars ARE THE SHIT... but you pay for that high quality. I never had any MAJOR problems with my GM's quite honestly... resale value IS shit.. I will agree.
    test
  18. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

well, i'll sound like a hypocrite here - but everyone is to a degree...

a cars value these days depends more on upkeep than anything. But yeah, the resale is bad.

that TA i was talking about has around 34k miles... i think its an 00? not sure... but they're having a hard time selling it. Lotta people want it, nobody wants to pay for it.
    test
  19. Snikka

thats because nobody in their right mind would buy an f-body.. it's not that they arent nice cars... it's outdated.. its not with the times. you can buy a economical car that gets 200hp to a 4 banger nowadays. like a late model prelude. which would likely be more reliable, but costs considerably more for less actual performance. but ANY car will make 100,000 miles without problem if you maintain it.

it takes a special kinda guy to own the beast.

if I had the money I'd rather have a GS300 or an M3. but shit costs money for low miles.
    test
  20. Snikka

f-bodies are pretty rare in AZ tho.

in Illinois, off hand, I know 5 friends right now with a WS6, SS, Z28, Firehawk, and a Trans Am.. and I saw them MUCH MORE frequently on the roads.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.