do u ever find

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by The_MRB, Mar 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_MRB

The_MRB infiltrate your border

that some of your best work is completly spontaneous and takes hardly no time

for example yesterday i was in a rut and just started thinking and just quickly partially keystyled a piece of work in 5 minutes and i look back on that (only bin a day but still) with fondness, yet say i plan to write a poem about a certain topic, i take so much time planning it and thinking too hard it often doesnt come out as good and if it does it seems falser and less emotional

wot yall think?

im a newbie to poetry ya see and was wondering wot yall vets take on this was
    test
  2. allnakey

allnakey Sex is no fun by yourself

My best pieces are keystyle pieces that i've polished up put into a nice structure. usually I write quick keystyles and i then go back re-read them and then add or take away things, that's probably why the flow of most my pieces are pretty good.

I can't really just sit down and think about what im going to write. That takes to much thinking, and when i think about what im going to write and then write it, it doesn't come out the way I wanted it to, if that makes any sense.
    test
  3. Psycho69

Psycho69 A Soul Born In Verse

Majority of my best work I feel is spontaneous and takes little time.

I know exactly when I started writing better stuff.

November of last year... my ex and I talked and she really upset me, after I got off the phone, I can dirtectly on here, typed about 50-70 lines of just spontaneous rhymes and posted it.. people started saying it was the best they have heard from me and I just kept writing similar stuff from there. Just sort of clicked, spontaneous work usually turns out best.

I never get to plan or lay out a concept of what my poem will be, I write and keep it up and it just turns into something and I end it when I end it lol..

But, at times I do go back and edit or add onto the spontaneous pieces if it drags on at some parts.

I'm no vet, I'm pretty new to writing, but that's how I go about things.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.