Do the neptunes EVER Sample?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by MrWarren, Aug 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

interpolating and sampling are the same shit to me. replaying someone elses shit is just like sampling. so they didnt chop the shit and loop it on an mpc but replayed it and looped. it stilll wasnt created by their own ideas. they took someone elses ideas/music and made a beat out of it.
    test
  2. Beatboss

Beatboss aka ni6apinoflavord

interpolating and sampling have a big difference.
    interpolation takes more time and of course more skill is needed. you're actually starting the beat from scratch. but with sampling all you do is lay the drums over it and some synths. which will sound exactly like the original which means your beat is boring because its the same
    test
  3. eNfO

eNfO YEEEAH BABY

they sampled the fat albert theme for LL Cool J - Fatty Girl (original version)
    test
  4. Gamshooter

Gamshooter New Member

track masters did fatty girl

generaly speaking they dont sample i think, love u better and excuse me miss are SAMPLES that they filtered and synthased the fuck out of

but i could be wrong

ive read in interviews that sometimes they loop a sample and keep adding onto it and redoing it then they just take the sample out

iim sure some where in their career they have sampled something

i agree nores nothing might be a sample aswell thats flute kinda joint? maybe im wrong
    test
  5. kojo

kojo New Member

no i think he's right, there were two versions of fatty girl if i remember correctly... a neptunes version and then the trackmasters version which blew up and got promoted for the Fubu compilation album.

But you are right about the sample looping part, timbo does it sometimes as well but in most cases he keeps the sample in there.
    test
  6. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

the clipse first single was called "the funeral" i believe that was sampled and i believe the neptunes did it.
    test
  7. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

lmao he replayed em...lmao

no need to filter and "synthesize" anything...when u can simply replay the notes.

And thats all he did...especially on excuse me miss.

Im not saying he doesnt interpolate or sample, but im pretty sure most, if not all, of those radio and TV singles were replayed....it would make sense from a financial stand point...

its not like between the 2...and all the synths and sounds they have...that they couldnt pull it off.

If my self taught friend can play anything.... im sure they can too..lol
    test
  8. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

i guess what i said went right over your head.

and dog wtf are you talking about. how is sampling just "laying drums over it and some synths". wtf do you mean it will sound exactly like the original.

im not gonna pretend to know WTF your talking about.

have you heard of just blaze? his beats are boring?? i mean dog WTF are you talking about? lmao.
    test
  9. sylentmind

sylentmind OHIOS BACK

boring?????????

wooo
    test
  10. ChaseNCashe

ChaseNCashe If it aint Polo, Keep It!

Everything they do is replayed..they don't sample. Niggas dont like paying for it.
    test
  11. eNfO

eNfO YEEEAH BABY

The neptunes did the original fatty girl. Pharell was on the hook too.

They sampled fat albert because the song was for a Fubu album and they had that fat albert line of clothes coming out.
    test
  12. DTown

DTown The Universoultimate

They interpolate a lot...

Pharell won't admit it.. but he actually interpolates a lot from Sega and SNES video games...
    test
  13. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

you really re-upped a year old topic to find out the sample?
    wow
    test
  14. Leleliacken

Leleliacken New Member

xJUICYTITTSx

if you wanna real hot show come to my room. Here you can find all your dreamsand fulfill all your wildest fantasies. ONE HOT SEXY BLACK QUEEN FOR ALL URLUSTFUL PLEASURE AND FANTASIES Live XXX Chat Live Cam, see this cam model LIVE, just click on the picture and follow the instructions to see them LIVE on cam for youThis entry was posted on Monday, August 31st, 2009 at 1:09 pm and is filed underLive XXX Chat Live Cam Posts

more around webcam
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.