Do people really eat like that?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by XxLiLBuRnAxX, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

I always kinda laugh when I hear some peoples diet plans. They are good none the less but its just funny to see the combo's ppl come up with on all these weightlifting forums.

Its like....." For lunch I eat...8 oz chicken, a handful of peanuts, 1 orange, and cottage cheese...."

Im like none of that goes together wtf kind of meals are those lol....They are good combo meals but I mean its just weird....Im not dissing the people who do that its just funny to see the different combos people come up with to fit their diet plans...

i eat halfway normal meals....like for lunch Ill eat a chicken breast with a side of sweet potatos and rice and a glass of milk or something....kind of more of a traditional meal...

Maybe its just me but I mean I cant eat 1 banana, side of cottage cheese, tablespoon of peanut butter and 2 eggs as a meal...lol Thats just not gonna do it for me that would last about 2 days max then Id be like screw it.
    test
  2. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

the people who eat that way are either people who are dieting and need to eat an exact amount of calories/fat/protein/carbs etc. a day or people who are new to bodybuilding and just hop on a fad diet.
    test
  3. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

most bodybuilders eat protein plus a carb source

so they would eat like this

a large amount of protein usually chicken, egg whites, fish, or lean red met

plus a carb source like rice, potatoes, oatmeal, or whatever

it seems to work for most
    test
  4. Thoughtz

Thoughtz Well-Known Member

hahaha @ the quote

ya, I laugh at that shit too

I'm spontaneous as fuck when it comes to eating...I like to eat random stuff whenever I feel the need. Fuck being on some sort of daily eating calendar. That shits for fat women.
    test
  5. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

that's pretty much the truth right there.
    test
  6. XxLiLBuRnAxX

I think thats what makes most amateur weightlifters fail. A lot of them read up on the diets of bodybuilders like Live said which look like that and they give it a shot. It lasts for like a week max before they say screw it. It takes a lot of discipline to eat like that because lets face it those are not very good tasting meals.

People need to realize that they don't have to eat like that..when they know that they can eat eggs, waffles and turkey sausages for breakfast then they wouldnt really dread the dieting part of weightlifting as much
    test
  7. Got Life?

yeah...the only time you have to be crazy like that is if you're doing like a bb competition and a month before you want to really clean up your diet, but if you're doing a competition then you know why you're doing it.
    test
  8. LiveFromThe781

that doesnt mean you shouldnt eat clean though. the slower the metabolism the more you really do need to pay attention to what youre eating. slimming down is the last thing i want to do right now and my metabolism is retardly fast so i eat whatever i want although i stay away from sweets because A) they taste gross and B) i still dont want that much sugar in my body.
    test
  9. Got Life?

i'm not saying don't eat clean, but there's clean and there's crazy measure out every last gram of everything.
    test
  10. XxLiLBuRnAxX

^ yeah thats what Im saying. Eating clean doesnt mean counting our individual calories and stuff. Alotta the guys from the gym on campus goto subway and I hear some of em asking the lady behind the counter to only put mustard on half the bread so he doesnt go over his calorie limit...

Im like man screw that, thats extreme. I eat clean and Im an ectomorph with the metabolism that allows me to eat a full pizza and a marble cake and be just fine the next day. But I dont....it is VERY rare to find somebody with the body composition that requires them to stick to an extreme diet counting individual calories and grams of food they eat. Unless like you said they are worrying about 1 or 2 lbs for some kind of weigh in...
    test
  11. LiveFromThe781

yeah you dont have to tell me lol. when i first got into this i was obsessed on just having abs and i was on a stupid ass diet. i did nothing right, i wasnt lifting the right way (i was training like circuit style when i shouldve been doing strength training) i went from looking like a guy who was "fit" to looking very skinny. i saw myself in a photo one day and was like holy shit how am i that small and i weighed myself at 165 at one point. thankfully i smartened up, ditched the diet ate for size and started doing things right. i actually went on another diet called that was pretty silly too for about 7 months although at least i was getting enough food in. anyway im now in the high 190's (197 i thiiiiiink) and im aiming to be a lot bigger. i wont diet til im at least 10-20lbs heavier and probaly juicing.
    test
  12. XxLiLBuRnAxX

Kinda off topic but dont you hate the people with good genetics? I know Live knows what Im talkin about cuz you have a high metabolism. Ive got a friend who can gain 15-20 lbs of muscle at any given time he pleases by lifting weights and eating fuckin pop tarts and pizza. Hes naturally built huge and is RIPPED even when he doesnt work out. Like right now he hasnt touched a weight in like 8 months and he eats junk food all day and he is still more ripped than I am with an 8 pack and shit.

Plus I got a roomate who is the same way, fool is RIPPED all the time but his diet consists of tostinos pizzas, snicker bars, and hennessey. Shit is annoying lol
    test
  13. sportsman0

sportsman0 New Member

Quite right, but I think that's really not good for me, I like all kinds of food and eat them freely without limits.
    test
  14. Got Life?

blah @ people that are ripped and eat crap...they will suffer for it after they hit their peak and their body starts to fall off...

i'ma prolly come down more over the summer and settle in around 260-270...I don't want to be any smaller then that...I love being a massive mofucker.
    test
  15. LiveFromThe781

my friend is kinda like that. personally i eat whatever i want cause i have to in order to put on anything but this kid will eat Tyson Buff. Wings and drink all day and still be ripped. difference is that hes just ripped and short but the kid only weighs 160lbs and HA he actually lost his abs cause of it lol.

some people are genetically gifted. i remember at a workshop this guy was talking about his buddy in school who came into the weight room one day and just banged out a bunch of overhead presses with ease that these guys were struggling with. a coach on another site talks about this kid in school who had an 8pack and was absolutely jacked and never touched a weight. owell all i can do is control my own life so fuck worrying about everyone else.
    test
  16. Got Life?

amen to that.
    test
  17. XxLiLBuRnAxX

See this guy was my workout partner for about a year so I had to see that crap everyday lol. We'd get done lifting and he'd be like "hey lets goto dominos". I couldnt Id have to goto subway. He'd always mess with me about how much I ate talkin about im greedy and shit. He was one of those people who were huge and strong as hell but knew almost nothing about weightlifting itself. Damn gift of genetics
    test
  18. J o o k

J o o k Guest

I eat completely shitty.

I eat fast food 7 times a week.

Have no diet at all.

If it weren't for working out like a jail bird and drinking 100 grams of lean protein after I would be a fat glob.

If I did have a diet though, I would have the body of a body builder.
    test
  19. XxLiLBuRnAxX

^see I you are luckier than I am. Before lifting weights I would literally intake about 4000 calories daily of pizza and cake and icecream and candy and never gained a pound. I had a ultra fast metabolism. It took me eating 3000 calories of healthy food to gain any weight at all. Now I've noticed that I can go back to eating whatever I want if I wish and I wont exactly lose the weight ive gained but I still wont gain a single lb, I tried this for 4 months last year..I didnt touch a weight or eat anything healthy for about 4 months and didnt lose a single lb or gain a single lb. Being an ectomorph has it's advantages and disadvantages I guess...
    test
  20. J o o k

J o o k Guest

But I wish I had that metabolism.

I wish I could eat what ever I wanted and not workout. Then still have the same body.

But if I stop working out just a week I can already sense me getting fat (it could be all mental lol).
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.