Do people believe in religion because they lack confidence?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Geedorah, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

id answer that for you but im not an atheist nor do i believe that exact statement
    test
  2. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Religion is baseless assumption, we have no concrete evidence there is a God.
    I dont know he is in better place, thats the reason I dont say it, religious people dont know it either but they say it anyway.
    I dont fear judgment because Im living better than most religious people, I appreciate life, every form of it, no matter if its ugly or dangerous.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  3. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

Well depends what you mean by concrete evidence and it's not baseless It's not proven but not baselss either. I believe that Christians are in a better place. Enough experiences in my life allow me to give faith to bible as accurate.

And I don't have anxiety over death. So when people push through generalizations over other peoples beliefs like OP has done that's what happens you get inaccurate information
    test
  4. Geedorah

Geedorah King

What evidence you have that God exist except something written 2k years ago?
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  5. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

why would i not believe if i secretly thought i might be judged for it. would make more sense to convert and shoot for paradise.
    no, we were saying that believing you can go to heaven after death makes death easier to cope with. anxiety towards death is part of the human condition.
    test
  6. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

And I'm saying that you can close your eyes to the truth in hopes to avoid the authority of God. Many former atheists make this claim as one of the reason for rejection
    test
  7. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

First off just cause it was written 2k years ago Why does it belittle the truth found in it. Should the US through out the constitution because it was written awhile ago. How old does a document get when it becomes worthless.

The evidence keeps coming from that book. Plus my own experiences give me evidence of God.
    test
  8. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Constitution is a set of rules, bible is a set of stories which may or may not be true.
    If someone would say today that he talked with a bush you would say what kind of drugs are you on, but just because its written in bible you believe it like you saw it with your own eyes.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  9. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

It depends on what else they did. If it's someone who I know as trustworthy than I would have to accept there words. If it's someone who showed power to match what they say I would have to accept what they say.

It's written in the bible that has proven to be very accurate in allot of history. And proven to be accurate when I attribute it to my life. I have more reason to believe in it than to reject it
    test
  10. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

but that's just stupid. if you have faith in christ you can get on god's good side. where as there's nothing you can do to avoid death.
    test