Do different types of liquor have different effects?

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by R-Tistic, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

At one time, I thought all liquors were the same, just with different tastes and different processes...but the more I learn, I hear people say that different liquors have different effects on them....in particular, speaking of vodka, rum, tequilla, gin, whiskey, grain, brandy, and whatever kinds of wine.

I have only been drinkin for about two years or so, and I'm still not a "drinker" per say...just a social one really. I usually have drinks mixed with vodka, clear rum, tequilla, sometimes gin, grain, and every once in a while, dark rum and whiskey. From what I have heard, people have said that tequilla made them act craziest. I really can't judge the difference, aside from the quality...and it seems like higher quality gives me less of a hangover, if one at all, and I usually don't have to piss as much...and for some strange reason, rum usually messes with my stomach, even if I eat right before I drink.

So from your experiences and observations, what make these all different?
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

it only makes sense man

each alcohol is made from different shit, its chemicals react differently with our body's chemicals.....
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

oh yeah, alcohols with alot of sugar in them will give you horrible hangovers

wine will give you horrible hangovers

homemade screech will make your brain explode over and over the next day.....

anyways, see you know how alcohol makes you piss? because the alcohol make you piss so much your body doesnt get a chance to process all its nutrients, you end up pissing out valuable nutrients that the body needs, nutrients and vitamins and minerals get depleted from your system.....by the time you wake up in the morning youre in sever need of some fuckin Vits

hangover cure secrets thats scientifically proven:

Vitamin B complex taken the day of and the day after, best taken for a few days before or even as a vitamin in your daily regimen.....it lessens your hangover noticably....aswell as multivitamins

also when they say in the morning you should have a drink of some alcohol, its true it does make you feel better, the little dosage of alcohol kick starts your liver into processing the toxins in your system that are adding to your horrible hangover

oh yeah and advil works better than tylenol.....scientifically proven for hangover cases....the tylenol actually reacts badly in yoru system and can harm your liver
    test
  4. R-Tistic

Ahh, damm, you know a grip about it.

I figured tylenol would be a whole lot better than Excedrin, which has caffiene, but I didn't know advil worked better. I never knew about the Vitamin B thing.

Would you have any idea why rum always upsets my stomach, at least 60% of the time, even after I have a partial or full meal? Also...do more expensive alcohols go through some different sort of process? And why is it bad to mix clear n dark...or is it really a myth?

I just have hella questions because I've been drinkin for a good while but still don't know a whole lot about it at that level...and I've definitely had 2-3 terrible experiences.
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well as a matter of fact they have recently discovered that caffiene helps in the delivery of painkillers such as advil, excedrin, tylenol....
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

im not sure why its worse to mix alcohols...probably because between whatever you switch it up with and what you were drinkin, one of them is bound to be known to give bad hangovers.....and seriously, if your drinkin rum and coke all night, the sugar in the coke can give you stomache rot....cuz how often do you have 8 glasses of coke normally? nawmchompsky?

also you could be allergic to somethin in the dark rum? i dunno man.

sugary shit will give you headaches, wine is known to give ya bad headaches because of the sulphites and tannins in the wine...tannins comin from the grape skins, and the sulphites are i believe to help preserve or someshit
    test
  7. R-Tistic

True.....good looks. Yeah I can imagine that happening with sugar and all that. I never knew much about Wine's effects. So I guess it's champagne that doesn't give hangovers if it's good enough.
    test
  8. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Smoke weed and be merry.

Fuck liquor!
    test
  9. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

brit pretty much hit it,

diff chemicals react diff.
    test
  10. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Sweeteners and Sugars or things to that effect.

That's why when 14 year olds drink wiskey they just get drunk. When they drink Sambuca or Tequila, they are already 2 packs of Smarties and a Snicker bar over their RDI of sugars.
    test
  11. mr madness

mr madness Silly Bitch Say Whaaaaaat

FUCK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, ya dam pothead, aiight I drank, alot, and alot of times it's jus experience and gettin' used to shit and knowin' how to prepare, make sure u eat before u start drinkin', eat foods with alot of salt, make sure u not just sittin' still while u drinkin', shit like that can keep you from having a hangover or from gettin' too fucked up, and another hangover remedy is gatorade, like sir bustalot said, a hangover is basically ya body just dehydrated as hell, gatorade got alot of shit in it that get drained out of u, and the type of liquor usually don't determine the kind of drunk u get, alot of it is ya environment, ya attitude, like erything else shit is mostly mental, if u think u gone get fucked up and start fightin' then more than likely u will.
    test
  12. Fantom

Fantom :ihadadream:

i've been drinking for years and just recently discovered that if you're going to drink you can NOT have dark liquor and clear liquor in the same night...

BIIIIIIG mistake
    test
  13. *Iceman*

*Iceman* New Member

Yea, They do, would go into detail but why bother...

Just trust me on it...

They do...

Seriously...
    test
  14. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

brit?

you mean me, busta?

yeah thats right, he aint even in this thread.....geez
    test
  15. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah also fresh air will lessen your hangover....

you sit at a bar or at a party and all you do is breathe smoke and toxins...

fresh air while you sleep helps out
    test
  16. Kailber has a quite different effect on me

I go downtown and break fights up
    test
  17. D. MonEy25

D. MonEy25 Gifted With The Words

some will make you yak more but... thats never happened to me
    test
  18. i havent heard 'yak' for years

nostalgic.
    test
  19. D. MonEy25

D. MonEy25 Gifted With The Words

Eh some days I feel like going old school.
    test
  20. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

i havnt heard yak since that intolerable song.. yackity yack, dont come back..

hmm.. maybe i could post that in the other thread

ahh fuck it
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.