Do christians believe your soul trumps your mind(brain)?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Sir Bustalot, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

for example

what is your stance on insane people. Do they go to hell for the crimes they commited? horrible murders and rapes and molestations? and we're assuming here that they are crazy insane, the incurable.

do they go to hell or get punished by god?
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

If they have like mental problems like down syndrome or something of course not God is Just.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

what if say a family raised their kid to kill mercilessly, and then laugh and give him major credit and happyness for killing? does that kid go to hell for being raised to kill and like it?
    test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

It is my contention that the soul is used to control you when your brain is just not cutting it. (Note however that the brain and the soul can be in tune with one another if you make up your mind to do what your soul wants)

For example, take arranged marriages. If a man arranges for his son to marry the daughter of another man, then it is the soul of his son that wants to marry the other man's daughter. It is the soul of the daughter that accepts the marriage.

Take forced slavery. It is not the slave's brain that allows such a thing, for it is the soul of the slave that allows it.

Take going to Hell. In your mind you might not believe Hell exists, but your soul knows that it exists. How does your soul know that Hell exists? Because those whose souls believe in God say that it exists, and your soul knows that what they say is the truth even if your mind can't comprehend it.

Take believing in God. It doesn't matter whether your brain accepts God to be real or not, for it is the soul of the person that God wants to believe. As long as you live by the Word of God, as long as you let it have its way with you, then your soul is a believer. The bible says that you should believe with all your heart and soul. I don't know of anywhere in the bible where it says that you should believe what your brain tells you (actually I can think of stuff where it implies that... but that's in the case that your brain will tell you what your soul wants).

Your soul can trump the brain through obedience - which may start out as forced but if it does it may later become obedience by one's own mind (even if your brain still does not believe in God - as long as your soul believes, it matters not one bit), but your brain can trump the soul as well. The Bible says that even the Holy Spirit (that is, the third person of the Trinity in Christianity, the Spirit of God, which convicts you) can be quenched. Thus, the brain can trump even God's spirit - so what could make you think it can't trump the souls of men, including your own measly soul?

If your soul is trumped by your brain, you are walking down a scary path, friend.

So basically your soul is a device that can be used by you or by your parents or by religion or by God to make you do God's will. As a very young kid you might not get the concept of brushing your teeth but your soul wants to do it, therefore brushing your teeth is in God's will.
    test
  5. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Of course. The above is all just bullshit I felt like writing. Don't take it seriously. I don't know what I believe. Haven't done much research on souls.
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

its obviously wrong but they can be forgiven.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

actually that was a very interesting idea. An the bible says we are to renew our mind. Along the way weve had situations and habits that become strong holds. In order to break strongholds u have to go back to where it began.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

i think that, in certain situation's the mentally challenged or mentally abused do indeed pay for their inequities.. but then again, god says be hot or cold, for if your luke warm he'll spew you out of his mouth

that could be describing being perfect or imperfect but dont be imperfect trying to be perfect serving two spirits is like serving to gods you'll offend one and please the other.
    test
  9. TheBigPayback

That reminds me of something. Things like deppression and schitzophrenia have insanity spirits behind those type of problems.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  10. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Yeah it is an interesting idea. Just to clear up, by bullshit that's my brain telling me that I don't know enough about the soul to make such a leap. By that it's an unsound hypothesis, but whether it actually lines up or not I couldn't be clear on.

But since you mention the bible, I can give you an example. Take ummmm... there's this big blotch of text, I think it's somewhere in Romans. It talks about sin, and you know, doing the things you do not want to do and not doing the things that you do want to do. It says that if you sin then you make the contention that the sin is agood... and that if you don't do what you know you should do and you do what you know you shouldn't do - i think the quote is something to the effect of "then it is not me but the flesh that sins." Something like that. But I wouldn't jump to any conclusions without looking into it first.
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

Are u reffering to the word lucidiousness? Or it may b spelled lacidiousness.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.