Battle Video DNA vs. Chilla Jones

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by yamanbt, Jul 18, 2013.

?

Who won?

1. DNA

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. Chilla Jones

13 vote(s)
    72.2%
  1. yamanbt

yamanbt Member

• Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. Clowd9yne

Clowd9yne KARNAGE

test
  3. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

Second
    test
  4. yamanbt

yamanbt Member

I just finished watching and...

DNA 2-1. Chilla has some lyrics/bars, but they come across extremely forced at times. People say DNA is forced, but gotdamnit, this nigga Chilla is on Daylyt levels (and he's not being an ass on purpose like Day). Also, he has no flow whatsoever, and an annoying voice which resembles Rich Dolarz. However, I will say that Chilla's 2nd round was absolute fire. That is the round he won. Otherwise, DNA won the 1st and 3rd rounds rather easily. The ending to his third round buried Chilla.

• +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. Mekanix

Mekanix www.soundcloud.com/mekanixchb

lets go!
    test
  6. ForestSilence

ForestSilence Well-Known Member

Can't watch this shit, the presentation totally ruins it for me and how over the top it is. It's a shame because Twizz for example is extremely talented. But this shit pieces together like some 13 year old kids on a computer who discovered sound effects and shit for the first time. I honestly found it made this unwatchable.

EDIT: And so much about these have now become a self-parody with how over the top it is, especially when the content is supposed to be conveying serious urban struggle inspired shit.
    test
  7. blacknacoustic

blacknacoustic Member

Chilla sounds like the Lux/Daylyt double word meaning stuff..its starting to get old with Daylyt why does Chilla think its gonna fly with him. Hes too one dimensional....
    test
  8. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

Chilla is just too much

It's like not even cool what he does because its so stretched most of the time. I'm not saying he doesn't have some hot shit once in a while but when u have like a 5% chance of catching everything he's saying on first listen then its just not worth it to me, especially when he's rapping for 6 and 8 minutes at a time
    test
  9. ForestSilence

ForestSilence Well-Known Member

I may be a hypocrite or maybe I just don't universally like the style, but I love QP & Daylyt. Chilla on the other hand... Thought two of his battles were okay (didn't he have one with cash eatin or was that someone else? before his jc battle), but that was about my limit. I think it was chilla vs magic that was way too much for me. If I'm going to focus hard enough and for that amount of time on bars, I want them to actually end up being clever or dope enough to warrant actually spending that much time and effort to get them in the first place. I definitely don't like 100 Bulletz at all either, but I find him a bit more tolerable than Chilla.
    test
  10. juicedawg

juicedawg Member

IMO, They both took a L in this battle. Where's that option? I'm a big Chilla fan but my god was he infuriating in this battle. Dude, just spit your fuckin' bars. What's with all the unnecessary pauses? There's a fine line between let it breathe and stretching a 3 minute verse to a 10 minute verse. Yes, your pen game is out of the world and superior to your opponent and yes you're fighting an uphill battle trying to get people live but it's pointless pausing so long thinking the crowd will finally get it at some point. You yourself said in the battle, it's alimony, live, they're only get half your shit. So why not pace your bars better so you can edge the battle on cam? If he paced his bars better, he would've edged every round except maybe the first.

As for DNA, i'll commend him for his freestyles. Far superior to his writtens. Thanks for reminding us Tsu Surf doesn't have the worst setups ever. Sharon Stone was not in Fatal Attraction dummy. That was Glenn Close. I do like his third round closer though. Real shit, heart to heart. I would give him the W but he takes an automatic L for his horrible setups and his classic bars that either don't make sense or make a wrong connection.

Advice for Chilla? Either stick to smaller arenas where your style thrives or go watch some game tapes and hone your delivery better. Watch Tay Rock, Charlie Clips and some Daylyt to see how to stretch out schemes and forced wordplay that doesn't make your audience want to ball their ears out or go to sleep.
    test
  11. blacknacoustic

blacknacoustic Member

LOL DONT WATCH TAY! youll only end up shooting yourself farther in the foot. I agree I feel like it really wasnt the pauses that killed him. His schemes were too long, and they lost the correlation mid way. Like the football scheme he did, i was confused half way where we were, whether it was a punchline it was just too long. JC vs Chilla was perfect. His schemes lasted maybe 16 or less, and they all made sense and were clear. Personally B vs Chilla was a very close one if he hadn't choked in my opinion but the choke sells it. But no Chilla you did not jump the top tier from the proving ground lol, you became the current YK of the PG's. Wait is YK still in the PG's? who knows lol...
    test
  12. Quietloudass

Quietloudass Member

I give it to DNA 2-1.. Mainly because he had more energy.
    Chilla needed to shorten his Rds..
    After 2,3 minutes of his Scheming,it got boring.
    He has really got to work on His performance/crowd interaction..
    Long ass battle.. SMH Probably the worst of the night.
    test
  13. Solotv84

Solotv84 Member

This I don't think I could watch it again

lol @ Smack dropping tis tho
    test
  14. zipperhedjoe

zipperhedjoe Conrad murray, mic killa

somethin somethin word
    somethin somethin w or d
    somethin somethin wo rd
    somethin somethin wor.....d!!!
    test
  15. juicedawg

juicedawg Member

Well that's kinda what I meant as in he should spit his bars and not have so much scheme filler or pauses, just hit straight to the point. There was just too much stretching in his verses, whether it be pausing and walking back and forth 10x or saying a bunch of extra connecting schemes that don't need to be there. It just causes us to get lost in the mix even on cam. B Magic and JC battles were much more straight to the point in the scheming process. It's sad cos he's really the only rapper who does associative wordplay justice and makes it bearable. However, his delivery kinda ruins it sometimes.
    test
  16. BattleLyrics.com

BattleLyrics.com Member

test
  17. BattleLyrics.com

BattleLyrics.com Member

test
  18. BruthaSmith

BruthaSmith Member

test
  19. BattleLyrics.com

BattleLyrics.com Member

By the way some of Chilla's verse 1 has been edited. Wish I could just edit my post, but it's up on my website.
    test
  20. juicedawg

juicedawg Member

Some corrections on your verses you might've missed, or maybe you caught it but didn't add them,

Double Scheme

It all syncs perfectly, each player's last name with a team they've played for as a running back in the past or presently, Dude's pen game is bonkers to string this up so perfectly, double schemes are hard to catch even after multiple watches

In 2012, i had niggas RUNNING BACK to they TEAM, Let's get the sketch drawn
    I'm the real (LeSean) MCCOY with them EAGLES (Philly) so let em' step wrong
    My (Matt) FORTE is beef, can't BEAR (Chicago) to keep my breadth calm
    Meaning if I see you with GREENE (Shonn) put them JETS (NY) on
    It's best you stop LION (Detroit) OHER (Michael) protect moms
    Cos I'll SPILLER (CJ Spiller) blood for the BILLS (Buffalo) if she ain't got a vest on
    We don't FOSTER (Arian) that behavior, shoot TEXAN (Houston) til your set gone
    Clock your MENDENHALL (Rashard) that STEELER (steel'll) get its flex on

Other's you missed or didn't put the other meaning
    Monster Scheme - To prove the God's iller (Godzilla)

When we load em MARLON they be WAYAN more (Marlon Wayan)

Guess it's JINetics

He call his BRO KIN, my BRO CAN get him BROKEN
    And call SOME MORE KIN so SOME MORE CAN leave him SMOKING

Body fluids scheme - semen, throw up, blood, urine, snot, bile, spit, tear

Ya set spark? Well I don't SEMEN (see men) THROWUP BLOOD
    Can it Jack, the position URINE (you're in) SNOT safe when that cannon clap
    Gun store, what I BILE (buy'll) SPIT TEAR through ya men and back
    Then the gun I BODILY (buy 'would leave) FLUID where you standing at

Religious scheme

A planned attack to leave you all black with dirt by you, Ya man's a wrap
    And we turn snitches to hearse riders, PASTOR (pass the) flame
    My JESUS (G's is) aiming to burst fire, My GOSPEL (guys pull)
    if it's HYMM (him) singing like church choirs

So E better HALL (haul) or catch shots from that AR to every SENIO (cent he owe)
    Heel be lifted like a tippy toe

he DREAD the FADE if this RATTAIL (tell) get em' bruised up

he BAND (banned) if this PROPOSE (pro pose)

I'm about to HONE my skills and show there's a HO in(N) E
    Then you'll be GONE, there's no telling where you GOin(N) E

Get a CLUE, why RISK ya life?

STALLONE my sly shit going ROCKY on em
    He good for RUSSIAN punches like Drago

He'll drop and be surrounded by DOCKS (Doctors) like this a PIER
    test