Django Unchained

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by mambaregime, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mambaregime

mambaregime Midwest Movement

Just watched it....and wow!!

Tarantino at his Very Best!!! Dicaprio and Waltz might be fighting each other for best Supporting Oscar (not that that bullshit trophy means anything anymore). Jamie Fox exceeded expectations and Sam Jacks as the 'Nastiest house nigga Alive' was too hilarious!

And as much as I loved Kill Bill, Django for me, is now his 3rd best film behind Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs.

Anybody else see it and wanna discuss?? Just make sure you do the 'Spoiler Alert' thing for anybody who hasnt seen it.
    test
  2. SaM HaiN

SaM HaiN Onslaught

mambaregime with the truth.

i honestly think django was 2012's best movie.
    and i agree with it being right behind pulp fiction and reservoir dogs

i really liked how tarantino took the gunshot effects they did in the grindhouse films and just fucking ran with it in the end
    test
  3. mambaregime

Yea, wont even get into Spikes trippin. But people claiming its too violent are being retarded...its obvious he's using explosive blood packs just for that over the top effect.

People claiming its too long retarded x 2....that shit was the fastest 3hr movie I ever watched.

Kinda pissed about a few things he cut out though. If you read the script (not braggin..it was just the 1st 1 I ever read before the movie was even made) there was a whole Broomhilda side story that introduced her ,Candyland and showed just how evil Calvin Candie really was...pretty sure he just cut it for time issues, so I hope the dvd version has it.

And in the script, there was a bad ass confrontation between Sam Jack and Django before dinner where he ends up smacking the shit out of Sam and putting him in his place. Also Sam Jack was the 1 who was gonna burn off Dlangos nuts in the torture scene...which was his payback.

The film was amazing without em...but they were 2 good to cut out I think.

And yea Sam Hain...it was hands down the best of 2012 (which really doesnt give it its just due...cuz aside from Moonrise Kingdom, i'd have to think mad hard to remember my other faves of the year).
    test
  4. mambaregime

Another thing...

I fucks wit the Bawse heavy..

But that Ross song was seriously out of place....and I think it lessened the effect Quentin wanted to have when the Tupac song played later on.

Besides that the score was fucking incredible....I loved Inglorious, but part of me felt like that was Quentin tryna win an Oscar more than just doing him.

Django is Qt back on his bullshit X infinity.

And I know it'll be at least 3 more years til his next one, but im ready for him to come back to the present and give us another twist on the gangster genre!
    test
  5. serge

serge Well-Known Member

lol@this being a "nigga" discussion in disguise.
    test
  6. ChopChoiceBeats

ChopChoiceBeats a.k.a ESKIMO SPLIF

Y'all making me really wanna go and see this tonight!!!
    test
  7. RonSimmons

RonSimmons my name, is Battle Rap

test
  8. mambaregime

Go watch Twilight or Madea bitch...grown folks talkin.
    test
  9. mambaregime

You should, its amazing..its also online...hint hint.
    test
  10. RonSimmons

So I like twilight because i thought django was overrated? uhh

i'll go watch seven samurai
    test
  11. ChopChoiceBeats

ChopChoiceBeats a.k.a ESKIMO SPLIF

Columbia Pictures made right now
    test
  12. mambaregime

Now I know you a lame...Kurosawa overrated as shit.

And FYI poser ass intellectual...his best movie aint got a fuckin Samurai anywhere near it.

[youtube]ketb1jdUxTw[/youtube]

Seijin Suzuki or Takashi Miike >>>>> Akira Kurosawa's ass allday
    test
  13. mambaregime

Shit, every movie leaks nowadays...some on purpose. I think they prob pretty happy though...its a Slavery/Western with a barely-marketable lead star (Jamie Foxx), a mega star in the role of a racist ass villain (Dicaprio) and its grossed 100milli in the US in 2 1/2 weeks.

Thats a major win.
    test
  14. smittyrhythm

smittyrhythm you love 2 hate me

:sleep:
    it was aiiight... tbh I wasnt all that impressed with it, few parts of it drags on in typical Tarantino fashion with a lot of scenes closely mimicing Inglorious Basterds... gunfight scenes were like watching a pistol exhibition in a ketchup factory and a lot of the dialogue in the movie was cheap and made for racial shock value more than anything. Samuel Jacksons character is rather funny in some parts but most of the time you feel like you have to wonder wtf it is that's so funny... maybe that's the genius of it I guess
    test
  15. mambaregime

1 example of something that mimicked Inglorious (aside from Christoph Waltz being in it)...please enlighten me.

And please dont say something fucking stupid like talking in a different language/subtitles scenes.

Im starting to see why only a few of us talk film on this site.
    test
  16. pill grim

pill grim CHRONNIE SPARKO

Waltz rapidly became one of my fav actors of all time

and i think this movie has his best performance to date nh.

i knew instantly after the first scene that this was going to be one of Tarantino's best films and i wasn't wrong

Django Unchained >

(also, i laughed a lot harder than i thought i would have...some of the dialog was comedic gold lol)
    test
  17. smittyrhythm

smittyrhythm you love 2 hate me

Off the top of my head there's the scene where he's speaking German instead of English in the house in case anyone is listening, similar scene at the beginning of Inglorious Basterds only in vice versa, along with much of waltz's dialogue and mannerisms his character is pretty much an 1800s mirror of Hanz Landa except for instead of being a jew hunter he's a bounty hunter...
    test
  18. RonSimmons

thanks for making this post and letting me know that you were being a dick just to be a dick

thanks dick
    test
  19. mambaregime

Wow....
    test
  20. illipsis

illipsis Ill Collector

Fuck, tried to see this yesterday but it was sold out, don't have another day off for a minute...glad to know people are fucking with it though, been excited for this one for a minute.

And to dude who said Kurosawa was overrated, that's on point, but you have to appreciate the manner in which his contributions to film influenced the medium in addition to the arguable merits of the works themselves. Personally I hated Citizen Kane, but it is a really crucial work in terms of some of the filming techniques and narrative devices it introduced/popularized.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.