Battle Video Dizaster VS Detour

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by OfficialBpayne, Jun 21, 2013.

?

Who Won?

1. Detour

39 vote(s)
    58.2%
  2. Dizaster

28 vote(s)
    41.8%
  1. this problem

this problem Active Member

Detour is decent. Way too many bleed over the previous verse/single word/pauses, gets old quick. But it was refreshing to see someone not seem star struck by Diz.
    test
  2. TheRealDetour

TheRealDetour @therealdetour

so ur saying i shouldn't put any pauses in my verse to switch up the flow?

would seem to me it would get monotonous if i didn't put in the pauses...
    test
  3. SeanConstantine

SeanConstantine Active Member

Avocado has a point.

I decided this morning to try and give round 2 a chance. So many lines from Detour. I feel like he used the Six Days War line before...but it was pretty good. The main issue is the flow and the angles. Taking shots about the Caustic thing has got old after I've watched a bunch of lousy MCs battle him with the same material.

Diz projects so much better, and his first two rebuttals actually combatted most of Detour's second. 2-0 Diz without watching the third...
    test
  4. OfficialBpayne

OfficialBpayne Active Member

GoodLawd.. The Hate for Detour here is Ridiculous.. Lemme set something straight.. I Too think that Dizaster won..but that Being said.. He won by an Edge in my Opinion.. Detour Held his Own and did very well. In fact his material was extremely Clean and he Held his own with one of the if not The Best doing it.. That says a Lot.. The fact that so Many of you have so much negative to say about him astounds me.. I am going to have to assume that it is cause you simply don't like him as a person because otherwise I think he did very well in this battle
    test
  5. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

your obv. just a bandwagon DIZ hater and didn;t even watch , this is a 2 round battle fool -
    test
  6. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

this was a tie to me , really needed a 3rd round

Detour got the 1ST

and DIZ def got the 2ND ,
    fire rebuttals to start the round off , then his writtens (the only he had this battle) which were fuckin crazy
    test
  7. BattlingGuru

BattlingGuru Active Member

Detour was impressive. He improved a lot over the last year, and he took this pretty easily. Dizaster did his thing, and he had some really funny shit in there, but he can't expect to freestyle whole battles and win.
    test
  8. DestroNY

DestroNY Teem Weed

I know it's not the "cool" thing to do on RM, but I gotta give props to Detour. I've seen a couple of dude's battles before, but never came away impressed (save for a few scattered bars in each battle). It was clear as day that one guy took this battle seriously and put 110% into it.

Diz had a couple of dope schemes and observational freestyles/rebuttals. But overall, way too much freestyling and awkward pauses in between bars. That goofy ass laugh Diz does when he's fumbling in between lines is the WORST. I want to facepalm the instant I hear that "huh-huh-huhhhh".

Detour for this easy. And even with Diz's track record of showing up with minimal preparation (especially when it's not a high-profile battle), I had a hard a hard time thinking Diz would lose. But Detour- you the damn thing though, good shit yo.
    test
  9. MaskDown

MaskDown Member

"You're like Brad Pitt in the last Samurai" :dizfacepalm:
    test
  10. this problem

this problem Active Member

pauses are good. your pauses are formulaic. keep up the good work though.
    test
  11. DestroNY

DestroNY Teem Weed

Haha yeah, I caught that too. I was sitting there like "WTF? Wasn't Tom Cruise the star of that flick?"
    test
  12. HASH WEDNESDAY

HASH WEDNESDAY Member

damn detour finally comin correct, easy w
    test
  13. Shameless

Shameless Friendship is magic!

sepiroth isn't a sword or a move in the game though it's a character and the line was pretty retarded.

hit up water_mage or star almighty if you need ghostwriters for FF lines
    test
  14. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Detour definitely won this.

You can't give someone a win just because they're supposed to be better. Yes, Diz is supposed to be better, but he wasn't.

Detour had no fuck-ups, halfway decent content, and some really decent lines.

As much as I hate on Detour, he did win here.
    test
  15. dieversecity

dieversecity Residuals.

I think Diz is cool with not trying to catch a body, he gets paid to freestyle and perform well..not always to win
    test
  16. EggzOverEazy

EggzOverEazy Member

fuckin A, are you people serious? How are the votes close? Guess those shits REALLY don't mean anything.

Detour killed this. Diz took it light, and performed hard whack. And Detour like... KILLED, killed this. Dope performance.
    test
  17. TheRealDetour

g/lookin y'all
    test
  18. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

Yea, so detour blacked out in the first round

Diz did better than I expected, but he still lost that round, imo

I like how detour doesn't wait for crowd reaction after his punchlines, tbh. He says some cold shit, and keeps it moving, and when done that way, most times it sounds doper imo. Transitioning is key to making a clean sounding accapella verse. Safe to say detour was a better rapper than diz round 1, and his material was clearly better put together

Thought diz got round 2 tho, cause it seemed like detour was kinda rapping like diz. U really can't out dizaster, dizaster.

Cool battle, tho. Prolly say tie, or edge it to detour.
    test
  19. TheRealDetour

^^^respect...an yes I did try to out dizaster him in the second haha...
    test
  20. MaskDown

MaskDown Member

the preception of diz losing becuase of lack of effort in delusional. I'm sure he spends more time on battlers that have a higher pedigree. but to say he doesn't try for the up and comers is bullshit. Too many dickriders making excuses for diz and believes it's diz battle to lose but never acknowledge his opponent's performance could outright beat him.

Diz been shit for awhile, I can't wait for a formidable battler to expose him so everybody can see how shit this guy is.
    test