Diz vs Arcane & Diz vs Crowd ctrl

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by SMEEGLE, Jun 24, 2013.

1. SMEEGLE

SMEEGLE Active Member

After watching the molestation that Arcane did to dizaster, I think Yas DCS is a good judge. But he was blaming the Toronto crowd when it wasn't totally their fault. Diz forgot his bars and was throwing out filler and he got frustrated.. Happens to everyone. But to blame the fans that indeed did pay to see him rap, THEY BOOED, but in my head I was booing too. Diz needs to ignore that shit, think about the fans who are watching at home, since he gets an automatic 100,000- 1,000,000 views per battle.
    1. Organik should tell bartenders to cut off these drunk kids
    2. Better security, ppl who have the balls to toss these wigger fucks out of the battle
    3. Make sure peeps are getting ID'd, because alcohol plays a role in the hostility. I do think the crowd was wack, but prolly drunk, showing off to Drake and not showing Diz proper respect. But diz fell apart and let emotions get to him. If diz reads this, FUCK THE CROWD, keep rapping cuz u got plenty of fans everywhere - think about them instead of the faggots who show up and BOO the champ.
    test
  2. Smashal0t

Smashal0t Member

or maybe just stop battling on KOTD.....
    test
  3. SMEEGLE

SMEEGLE Active Member

wheres he gonna battle?
    test
  4. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

He wouldn't have gotten booed if he had simply written for the battle, or if he didn't want to write for Cane...stay focused enough to spit frees that didn't end with "then how to do-ey".

If I heard a nigga spit "how to do-ey" in a battle, I'd boo too. Nigga, if you're gonna spit absolute nonsense when you freestyle...just don't freestyle then. Write some bullshit filler that at least makes sense and then have your hard hitting bars.

Diz only got booed because of some WACKASS freestyles. The solution is to not spit such horse shit in the future.
    test
  5. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

think you got shit a lil twisted ... they started boo'ing DIZ b4 he even started spitting a single bar / his round ... had nothing to do with forgetting his shit .. that didn't even happen

and Arcane mplesting him ? he didn't even have that good a performance .. and if you go back and watch the battle again DIZ def took the 3 round , they didn't even give him a chance in the 1st

of course the Toronto crowd should be partly blamed , that was the 2nd worse crowd in battle rap history next to SM2 ... to be fair to Toronto hip hop heads / KOTD it wasn't there normal crowd though cause Drake had been announced that he was gonna be there so alot of the crowd were Drake stalker weirdos that weren't battle fans let alone hip hop heads

but the last 3 toronto crowds have been weak as fuck and have been ruining battles , don;t know whats up with them
    test
  6. OfficialBpayne

OfficialBpayne Active Member

I would say close 1st between diz and cane.. would edge it to Diz but others may disagree and that is their choice.. 2nd cane clearly got it cause Diz lost his cool and Diz Clearly got the 3rd.. so 2-1 one way or the other.. I suppose since the Flipout happened that you could give it to Cane but using someone elses material in a battle should Null and void him to begin with... so it's a lyrical Paradox. how can he rap when he's not suppose to be allowed to lol.. who knows..ha!
    test
  7. philadelphiaLAW

philadelphiaLAW Active Member

there isnt a rule that says you cant use someone else's material...

you people DO understand that right?

(not an arcane fan, just a bright person)
    test
  8. OfficialBpayne

I understand that King of the Dot does Not have a Rule to that Effect
    and I do understand that in the business of entertainment whether it be commercial hiphop
    and also More applicable rock and roll, pop ect.. that it is common place for artists to use ghostwritten material.
    Less so in Hiphop but still happens

However.. when it comes To Battle Rapping.. where I come from it's Suppose to be Real HipHop from the Heart
    it's more of a Street thing and also a Credibility issue.. Not credibility as far as Do u believe what he says.. No it's battle rap you say all kinds of shit

But Credibility as an Emcee.. Being an Emcee means more than that.. It means if you Freestyle it's NOT some memorized verses and it also means that if u battle that it is You showing how Good U are at dissing your opponent.. No one else gets to come in and do that for u..

But that's just how I came up personally

The leagues can handle Their own business any way they wish
    test
  9. OfficialBpayne

To me HipHop has different rules I suppose.. But people get away with any and everything in this day and age. It is what it is
    test
  10. QuadDamageNZ

QuadDamageNZ 1O SB NZ

actually a 'real emcee' freestyle IS written.

Other than that, on point.

Diz lost because he didn't prepare and lost his shit. End.
    test
  11. OfficialBpayne

I've spit Memorized verses .. when someones Like Drop something, spit something u got
    but if we Freestyling.. I Come straight off ..then there's always usually that one cat that Come with the Written..saying it's freestyle. But Who knows .. Sometimes cats are that good.. I remember one time in prison we were freestyling and dudes was like Nah u wrote that and I didn't.. so I guess it could go either way..

I notice a lot of dudes do radio "Freestyles" and drop writtens.. that MAY be the only time that's acceptable..
    but I would Be like Yo this is Something I'm dropping .. Or I'm just making it up as I go along if it was Freestyle..
    But a Lot of Real Emcees Do come with the Written saying it's Free..
    Like Jay he memorizes his whole shit in his head so You would really only have to take his word on what was what
    They say Biggie did the same thing.. That's a Crazy Level.. it's One I can admit I have not reached yet
    test
  12. QuadDamageNZ

QuadDamageNZ 1O SB NZ

not to be all white-boy-did-well-in-english but i think you mean 'off top' not 'freestyle'. Freestyle is writing a verse to show off your lyrical ability without actually having any real content.. usual just spit on corners or parties or whatever... At least originally.... Too many people using it to mean off the top these days though, so i may have to just fall back on this one.
    test
  13. ColdWorld11

ColdWorld11 Member

Cane without questions bodied Diz. If Diz didn't have that angle, it might have been KOTD's worst body ever. Cane's performance was clutch as fuck. Diz did everything he could to trash the battle before ,during and after. So much footage was cut out. Dude threw beer cans into the stands. Furthermore, Cane had to rush through all his rounds after Diz of all people, was bitching about round lengths. Go back and study those schemes cane dropped... quite possibly the best of the year.

Don't believe the hype.
    test
  14. OfficialBpayne

I don't think I would Write it and Not Write it without any content..
    what's the point? lol

If your Writing all your Freestyles then why do u call it Freestyle?

Otherwise.. I see what your saying..
    People win People Lose..
    I guess it goes down to What Standards are there set for what is Considered Cheating.
    Due to Battle rap being such a Serious Sport is there a need for such standards
    and why or why not?
    test
  15. Dark Magic

Dark Magic Member

Lol tbh if Diz didn't have that angle he would've won the battle because he would've written other shit instead of thinking he can win by default just cause he exposed Cane.
    test
  16. OfficialBpayne

If your only angle is something that can Discredit your opponent..Make sure to use it correctly
    Because the Crowd may not be Convinced unless you can Relay it to Them Properly haha
    Wise Advice for us All!
    test
  17. OfficialBpayne

Either way, It was Fun to watch haha
    test
  18. QuadDamageNZ

QuadDamageNZ 1O SB NZ

Well, i see freestyle in general as basically just a totally personalized version of whatever thing... a freestyle drum solo or whatever.. meaning like, rather htan jazz style, rock style its that drummers style. Same with verses, rather htan being conscious, or gangsta, or whatever else its just freestyle.. showing off i guess
    test
  19. Hitchslap

Hitchslap Hate you

This thread was only good because it reminded me to block Coldwigger again.

Otherwise, it was total shit.

Thanks.
    test
  20. OfficialBpayne

Gotcha... Different strokes I guess..

It's interesting to hear a different point of view on this stuff..I have to imagine that if you see it this way that a lot of others do to.. So I'm happy to learn how the regional and musical differences correlate.. about what area are u from? I live in North Carolilna.

a lot of people start off thinking that "their" way is the only way but when you realize that so many different sets of people and areas have their own different ways of seeing things.. then if you have an open mind there is a Lot to learn..
    we need to stop thinking that "our own" ways are the "only" ways.. I'm always open to hearing different points of view..
    and yeah what your saying reminds me of say "freestyle" bike tricks type of thing .. like you said Showing off your skills without super organized material..
    To me I never considered Freestyling in hiphop exactly like that but I appreciate hearing all the different point of views.. Repped

ps.. I didn't read back what I wrote but my apologize if I was rude or rambling on in the above posts.. I was about on my 11th beer when I was posting this stuff last night lol
    test