[Divisional Format] Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Lucifa, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

and people will deserve that extra worth to the rstl when collecting that point ..

all the points are small numbers and relatively tight .. so we will see big gaps between the top heads and lesser worths .. but only in accumulation value .. as champs are cut down to competitive level within a division with that 50% 'active' worth loss ..

so people are valued (overall rank) on their overall worth but battling with their active worth (divisionally) .. whilst their W/L records will be tracked and displayed within the weekly print of each updated spreadsheet .. but the emphasis is no longer on the record to rank people ..
    test
  2. Chin Kwon

Chin Kwon The Angkorian

man, that's a very intricate point system Lucifa. Since the majority of people only join RSTL to get their writings noticed, that meet/exceed system should work well, as it gives people reasons to vote MORE; It's a win for the writers, who ultimately just want to get feeds and it's a win for voters in that they earn some extra points.
    test
  3. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

it's not as complicated as I maybe make it sound .. but the emphasis is on the points anyway ..

the 2 are easy to track and present alongside the w/l record ..
    test
  4. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

^you have a pinch of skill.
    test
  6. nom de plume.

nom de plume. rumbrave.

test
  7. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

I had a pinch of time.

I'm not looking for it to be the league with the prettiest graphs .. lol .. but they add colour ..
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

test
  9. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

Champions will have a gauge of their tally ..

[​IMG]

This will be used in Ranks/Mag/The Champ Match ..

This clock will be shared .. you can 'save as' if you lose a champ match if you so wish .. but there will only be 1 official gauge on display with the name altering (and the info obviously) ..

The grey stick will display the accumalated points whilst the prominent orange one will show the 'active' juice .. (as sampled in the image) ..
    test
  10. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

lol that's dope.
    test
  11. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

WHY THE FUCK IS THAT LOSS ON MY FUCKING RECORD

I DIDNT SIGN UP FOR THAT MATCH SO ITS YOUR FUCKING FAULT NOW TAKE THAT BULLSHIT THE FUCK OFF
    god you guys are fucking braindead
    test
  12. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

lol @ you in these threads and that pm ..

I haven't touched your record .. I explained that a loss would not be added in the threads that week ..

but regardless .. when the divisional idea makes a comeback .. records will be 0-0 as far as the stats I collect for it ..

anyone who values their wins or losses when it was during a time we had a mod voting 2 or 3 times in one favour and rigging his own play-offs are free to do so .. I'm happy with 22-9 (so far) .. but like I say .. 0-0 is where the spreadsheets will start ..

I will go see what your record should read .. but Q did that shit .. stop popping off and chill .. ain't no-one gonna pay attention to the fuck head at the back of the class getting all pissy > the guy that just says "yo, check that please" ..
    test
  13. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

fixed .. now smile ..
    test
  14. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

The clock has been reset in preparation ..

[​IMG]
    test
  15. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

some details in the 1st post have been edited to reflect further conversation on refining this ..
    test
  16. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

lookin good so far
    test
  17. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

merged threads .. stick area is a bit cluttered ..

and just to clarify .. even the accumulate tally will reset to 0 once the points have ranked the divisions ..
    test
  18. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

nice stuff,
    and the gauge is genius, but the hands are a bit off from the center
    test
  19. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

lol .. you cock ..

they're (will be) fine .. *humph* ..
    test
  20. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

[Announcement] Divisional Format Explanation

I'm going to try to break down how the new division system will work without making it too confusing.

First, everyone will be separated into divisions at random, with each division having an equal number of writers.

Within the division, battles will be paired roughly according to point tallies, however, if two people that recently faced off happened to get matched up again due to points being close, we will try to face them off against a different opponent around their point total to keep things fresh.

In the third week of the divisional format, the top four people in each division become especially important.

Here's the example of what happens in the third week:

Red Division
    1. Writer A
    2. Writer B
    3. Writer C
    4. Writer D

Blue Division
    1. Writer E
    2. Writer F
    3. Writer G
    4. Writer H

[Red Division Title] Writer A v. Writer B
    [Red Division Contender] Writer C v. Writer D
    [Blue Division Title] Writer E v. Writer F
    [Blue Division Contender] Writer G v. Writer H

So for the fourth week, when the first real Championship and Contendership match come into play, the winners from each Division Title/Contender matches face off.

Here's the example of what happens from the fourth week on:

[Championship Match] Writer A v. Writer E (Winner stays to defend title)
    [Contendership Match] Writer C v. Writer G (Winner advances to Championship)
    [Red Division Title] Top two point totals in Red Division (Winner advances to Contendership)
    [BlueDivision Title] Top two point totals in Blue Division (Winner advances to Contendership)

The losers of Championship Matches and Contendership Matches (but NOT Division Title Matches) will fall into the opposite division from which they came in order to generate new matchups. The alternate system can also generate matchups between divisions. New sign in's will be placed into divisions each week in a manner that makes the divisions as equal as possible, quantity wise, not necessarily quality wise.

For example, if both of the representatives from the Red Division lose in the Championship and Contendership, they will both fall to the Blue Division, giving that division an extra writer than the Red Division, so any new sign in for the week would be placed into the Red Division to balance it out.

After the fourth week everything simplifies, luckily you need not worry about the rankings, as the mods will handle them, as well as matchups. All you have to do is win matches and vote on as many matches as possible in order to make it to one of the top two spots in the division you are in, and keep doing what you've done to make it out of the division and into the spotlight.

Any suggestions are appreciated, and pending Lucifa and Q's approval, we can get this set in stone to go into effect in two weeks. If anything is unclear, please ask questions, I've tried to put this as clearly as possible.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.