[Divisional Format] Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Lucifa, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

We are adding a new rotation system in to place.

When you check in to your battle threads next week and from then on, you have an option to increase your chances of having an open and active battle.

All you need do is sign in to your thread and declare "Alternate".

This will mean that if you are no-showed against then you will be pitted against your closest ranking competitor that has also suffered a no-show and have themself declared "Alternate".

Sticking the Double No-Show together.

There's a fairly complicated but easily implemented point system starting to shape up and we'll have more details on that soon.

These "alternate" battles will offer extra/alternative points too. So it's in your interest in more ways than one to opt in.

And this is an "OPT IN" option. No-one will take a swap unless they asked in the first place. This includes asking "AFTER" the opponent has not shown. It must be asked for "BEFORE" verse is posted, upon check-in. So there are still free points and easy wins for those that prefer not to battle and just take what they can.
    test
  2. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

[S3:WK4] will be [DF:WK1] - Details Inside

We're kicking changes in to gear and the seasonal/play-off set up as we know it will be dropped in favour of a Divisional Format structure.

Although the RSTL has worked with points in these season formats to seed rankings for the play-offs, the change will also see the way points are used; altered.

From [PlayOffs Rnd1] > [S3:WK3], all points will be used to rank everyone in to the divisions.

How Points work now:

Win = 2 pts
    Loss = -1 pts
    No-Show = -2 pts (-1 for no-show + -1 for loss)
    Play-Offs = 5pts per round advanced

How it converts to the Divisional Format as of now: (example format)

[​IMG]

This spreadsheet will be updated until we begin the Divisional Format when a NEW record will be taken.

This is to adjust accordingly and start afresh within the new structure. A structure where the points system will also change.

This is all under construction right now .. but read on for a rough guideline of how this will work in simple explanation .. as some things are subject to change as we get in to the finer details during the next 2 weeks ready for launching the divisions

How points are likely to work:

Win = 2pts
    Loss = -1pt
    No-Show = -2pts
    (includes the -1 for loss)

^ same as before right? .. right! .. but here's the fun part:

Win via no-show = 1pt

^ you can bump that up some via bonus points still.

Meet/exceed your vote link requirement (5 links) = +1pt (win or lose!)
    No links at all = -1pt (win or lose!)

^ just a reward/penalty that will aid your ranking as a valued member. This also gives a no-show competitor to earn some worth back via voting.

Alternated match-ups: Win = 2pts / Loss = 0pts

^ The "Alternate" system has been announced .. so see the relevant sticky for details of that (which will be in effect next week for the trial run) .. this is an incentive to "opt in" to the "Alternate" switch .. and rewards you for doing so .. as the whole point of the "Alternate" method is to cut down the amount of no-show wins .. so when you win by no-show you get your 1pt .. then a further 2pts are up for grabs for the winner .. along with additional voting bonus points.

Contendership Win = 3pts
    Contendership Loss = 50% point loss

Championship Win/Defence = 5pts
    Championship Loss = 50% point loss

^ "Point loss!!!!!" .. I hear you yell in a rage .. yes .. loss .. but this is with good reason .. your points thus far have been used to seed in the top 16 .. that is no longer the case .. points are just as precious but for a totally different reason than before .. as your points now will rank you within your division and if you keep all your points after a quick run in cont & champ matches you would always drop into top rank of a division which won't work .. so to chop points will mean you need to work at another contender shot .. (Divisions will be explained more in the next post) ..

Plus you will have 2 records for points tallies kept .. along with your battle record ..

Signing Out = Active Worth Reset

^ far from harsh .. this is used so as people aren't re-signed in after 2 weeks off and straight away placed in high rank .. (accumulative may be used to some degree to rank above fresh sign-ins) ..

More details or alterations may be made .. but this is how the points will be used so you can see what it is you will be competing for and ranked under .. should you sign in to the RSTL in the next few weeks .. we hope this is appealing and we certainly see this as a more interesting format to use ..

Next post will look at how divisions will 'likely' work.
    test
  3. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

The league will be split into 2 divisions.
    red n blue / white n black / 1 n 2 / A n B / apples n oranges / ninja n samurai
    The name holds no meaning beyond distinguishing the 2.

The divisions will not be based on reputation or record, (i.e. 1 will not be considered "better" than the other outside of people's own personal opinion on who they see as tough/easy comp).

Once the 1st contendership week is announced, the games begin. The first week will have 2 Contendership matches to create the 1st Championship match. Then it will revert to 1 contendership that will feed to and from the divisions & Champ match.

If you advance to a contendership match from "division A" and lose, you will drop into "division B". (See why the name holds no meaning via rep now?). The same for Champ losers.

You will battle between the competitors within your division. This will only change when "alternate" is opted in and the only way to give the match-up is to use another "alternate" from the other division. (It matters little, but we want to work it "in division" as much as possible).

This also changes how battles were set-up and decided previously. This isn't just battling the closest rank to you as before. As you will be 'almost randomly' pitted against someone within your division. We will keep track of who has battled who and try to avoid too many rematches throughout a short stint, (something that happened a fair bit in previous method).

This is as much as I can really get in to right now .. as we're still in the construction stage .. but it is legit enough for people to see where we're going with all this ..

a 100% version will be created within the next 2 weeks.

This thread is open for some feedback/opinion on the change .. but like it or not .. it's happening ..

we need to revive this place and further down the line with this point system we'll be looking at further fun and interesting way to utilize the points ..

Possible "twists" include .. Bounty Points (we'll put a point on a head in each division each week so whoever draws them has a chance to gain extra points if they beat them) .. UnderDog Points (similar to Bounty but focused on a battle where someone is heavily predicted to lose) .. Point Betting (using accumalated points to bet against an opponent to gain advantage or cripple opponents .. would need agreeing by both 1st) .. and possibly some sort of 'Champ Of Champs" competition at times ..

just those kinda things that would sp!ce things up a times ..
    test
  4. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

I like pretty much everything, obviously as I wanted you to bring this back to begin with, but you guys should straighten out right now what you're going to do /w the decimals, since you'll be doing the 10, 25, and 50% hits accordingly...will you round up, round down, or will people carry around decimals?
    test
  5. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

my opinion on that would be to round up ..
    test
  6. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

I'm feeling the Betting option myself .. we could throw it in as a "For this week" on a random loop .. or a constant option .. but it would shake up divisional position some if people did ..

only problem is people that wouldn't want to use them .. points, they're precious they are! .. and would feel "robbed" cos someone jumped them cos they took a gamble ..

so I def think at least the "this week you can bet" surprise once in a while is workable ..
    test
  7. nom de plume.

nom de plume. rumbrave.

of course you'd like the betting system you prick.
    you gambling bastard.
    test
  8. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

I like poker.
    sue me.
    test
  9. nom de plume.

nom de plume. rumbrave.

i'm on the phone to my legal team.
    ret will ring your people shortly.
    test
  10. Got Life?

i wonder how long it takes to draw up a legal notice in mspaint.
    test
  11. nom de plume.

nom de plume. rumbrave.

we'll soon see.
    fingers crossed.
    test
  12. Got Life?

indeed we shall.
    test
  13. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

about aslong as it'll take for PS counter-action ..
    test
  14. Got Life?

fascinating.
    test
  15. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

I'll give you 3/1 odds.
    test
  16. Got Life?

if you were a man i'd punch you in the mouth.
    test
  17. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

if you were human I'd prolly do that same.
    test
  18. nom de plume.

nom de plume. rumbrave.

if you were [..] i'd [..] you in the [..].
    no homo.
    real talk.
    test
  19. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

lol.
    Return's name is up in green lights now.
    woot.
    test
  20. ThaReturn

ThaReturn Life Of The Party

my name isn't in green lights.
    stop lying.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.