Dit Da jow-- Joint, ligament, muscle, skin, and blood liniment

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Sir Bustalot, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

this shit is the bomb if you do any contact sport/Martial art where you recieve alot of bruising, do alot of barefist punching/kicking into hard objects. Such as Wallbag training, muay thai leg/shin conditioning, board breaking, or contact sparring.

Every city has a chinese comunity and they have Traditional Chinese Medicine shops all over selling herbs and stuff, you go in ask them for some Dit ja jow, you might even get the recipe to make your own. You just rub that shit into bruises, non-broken skin contusions, bone bruises, injured ligaments, and it soothes and releives the pain and aids healing.

I use it because i wallbag train and hit a hardass bag covered in rough burlap type fabric, not only does it releive the bruising, but it causes the skin to become tougher aswell and helps you avoid calloused knuckles, your bones and ligaments will strengthen and be healthy..

we also do chi sao and only allow contact to the chest so i have alot of bruising on my chest bone, this stuff helps those bruises huge

I use it in conjunction with other muscle pain relievers and stuff but the addition of jow has definately helped and is cheap.
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I believe the Dit Da means chinese medicine, and Jow means for hitting or something like that so it all translates into Hit Medicine or wine...

comes in all shapes and sizes, and different recipes for different things. There is no western equivalent on the market. Not saying we cant make it, just that there is no rub-on medicine that the west makes with western medicine that does all the same things the Jow does. Its sold in TCM stores.

its great stuff
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

move this to the mma forum for me thnx lol
    test
  4. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

ha, I guess I'll have to test it out.
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

one thing i found is it strenghthens the skin without changing its appearance.

When i first started smashing the wall bag, my knuckles would wear raw and be bruised after about 50-60 strikes ..... without the use of the Dit Da Jow my knuckles would be ugly-ass callouses...but now i can punch the bag almost 1000x without pain or shredded knuckles, and the skin never formed tough ugly looking callouses... Which would happen without propper care with Jow.

It breaks up bruises nicely and takes pain away, You rub it in real good, its alcohol based so its absorbed deep into the tissue and does some nice things inside aswell.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.