dirty rat recordings and franco on track

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by STRATUS, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STRATUS

STRATUS my 9 mm goes BANG!!!!!!!

i only listened to the first two songs on the site. after yo mix and arch phenom. I wasnt very impressed with the whole thing I must say. On the first one there the mixing wasnt too good and the vocals were way too loud for the beat, it sounded like acapellas with some background noise. It sounded like a dope beat too so it was quite the shame. First cat was kinda boring with his delivery and lyrics. Franco was definately better but not what I would have expected after I saw him rip at served, there seemed to be some flow issues at certain points and a little inconsistency but oh well it was dope over all. Last cat was like the first, nothing really made him stand out, no real personality. How old are these songs cause it seems like this could be some of the earlier stuff they did and I would be jumping to conclusions by taking this as examples of them on songs and whatnot.

Over all I wasnt really too impressed with what I heard (even though it wasnt a whole lot) franco was dope but still a little disappointing and his boys just dont seem very evolved style wise and whatnot. Just thought I'd drop my opinion. Anyone else hear these tracks? Opinions?
    test
  2. sixty cycle hum

sixty cycle hum short arms, deep pockets

i got the same impression. pretty mediocore.
    test
  3. ThaBoRat

ThaBoRat New Member

i'll admit, this was kinda the first impression i had of franco's recorded shit. i'm not sure how old those songs are that you listened to, but franco's new album is called "non-existant", and i think it's a lot better than any other recorded shit i've heard. i also think it's the type of shit that you learn to appreciate the more you listen to it. i didn't even like his new album much at first, but i think it's pretty dope now.

but i'd still take a franco freestyle over a franco song any day... haha

peace
    test
  4. phillipdrummond

phillipdrummond get at me for footage

yeah I think they got a lot of old stuff up on the site, and these are older ones. that first track is HORRIBLY mixed. I don't like the beat on the second one. Franco did a pretty ill song called "backroads" on a beat I made that is pretty raw, I'll post that soon as he re-does the vocals. Him and the rest of the dirty rats have been doing new songs on equalibrum beats which I think really upgrades the whole quality of the song and influence the the emcees...I'll post those up, too.

I find it hard to listen to some of franco's stuff because the beats he used to flow over really wern't that good at all, and I like the way he raps when he's more pissed off/in battle mode, but there's A LOT of writing skill and sick rapping on his new album "non-existent" and there's another couple of old songs he did, especially "crush any weak competitor" over a sample from predator that's ill.
    test
  5. EntityKSP

EntityKSP Keen Soul

whats the link to his songs?
    test
  6. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

I heard him on NY To Humbolt and his voice sounds all gay and weird. And I wasn't impressed. DJ PHILLIP DUCK SICK was a lot better, and hes just a DJ/Homo.
    test
  7. phillipdrummond

test
  8. AgentofKarma

AgentofKarma New Member

theres a few dope songs on that site, its not franco, but listen to "dont battle him" theres some some dope lines on there "i got plenty of weed, i dont need a cedaminaphin or ritalin...." flow is real tight... chorus is wack....

on a lot of those tracks franco sounds really "cali surfur-bruh" style which is weird to my ears, but some of the tracks are ill...

oh and STRATUS, i peeped ur joint on hiphopvids.com, and that shit was tight, you wil' out on the ad-libs type ish... just how you stress syllables and shit is nice, don't sound like that same old, good work... beat isnt too hot tho, jus my opinion
    test
  9. STRATUS

thanks homie, thats a pretty old song now and the beat isnt too top notch but I still think its cool enough to listen to the song. If you liked that you would prolly like the few songs up on the soundclick site www.soundclick.com/stratusthegreat
    test
  10. EntityKSP

EntityKSP Keen Soul

^^ the EP was dope, props
    test
  11. STRATUS

tell your friends if ya liked it
    test
  12. phillipdrummond

yeah on the tracks I do with franco I try to get him to rap like when he's battling, I like his voice and deliver more when he's pissed off...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.