dirty di~~~~able political tactics used by republicans

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by deadweather, Oct 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadweather

deadweather ******

amazing.

the senate race in ohio is fucking nasty

let me summarize whats going on.

Republican candidate Joy Padgett has accused her opponent Terry Anderson of being soft on terorism, and saying he's friendly with the terrorists. She handed out flyers and leaflets with a picture of him with middle eastern terrorists and used it as proof of her claim.

The real truth is, he was a reporter that was held hostage from 1985 to 1991, and after his release, he went back to confront his captors around 1995. Which is where the picture is from. Of course the republican candidate doesnt want ohio residents to know that, she wants voters to make assumptions based on the photo alone. Thats the shit i hate about fucking republicans, they assume every american is stupid, and they rely on ignorant and intellectually lazy americans for their votes. The fact that she pulls this stunt is an insult to the intelligence of both ohio residents and the american public.

Terry Anderson actually stormed out in the middle of their debate and said he'd never share the same stage with her ever again. Fucking gangsta ass move

article in next post:

hhr: someone rhyme about this
    test
  2. deadweather

deadweather ******

http://www.athensnews.com/issue/article.php3?story_id=18651

After refusing to take part in a debate with his Republican opponent last Wednesday, Ohio Senate candidate Terry Anderson reaffirmed at a candidate event in Lottridge the next night that he'll never stand on a stage with Joy Padgett again.

Anderson, a former hostage of Islamic terrorists in Lebanon, is angry over a campaign mailer from Padgett suggesting he somehow blames America for terrorist attacks.

"You want to ask my position on terrorists? Ask me," Anderson said heatedly. "I don't like them... To imply somehow that I am soft on terrorism is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in my life."

Anderson was kidnapped in 1985 and held hostage for more than six years in Lebanon by a militant Islamic group, while working as a foreign correspondent for the Associated Press. He is now running as a Democrat against Padgett, who was appointed by her party to Ohio's 20th District Senate seat.

Padgett's mailer compares Anderson to Dan Rather, calling the men "both liberal journalists who can't get the facts straight." It includes a photo of Anderson with a man in robes and a turban, and quotes a comment Anderson made in October 2001, at an Ohio University forum on U.S. media coverage of foreign affairs, which was reported in The Athens NEWS.

"Are we willing to accept that they hate us, not because they're crazy, but because we've done something wrong?" he is quoted as saying, during a discussion on how America is viewed in the Middle East. The Padgett ad does not make clear in what context the comment was made, but claims the remark shows Anderson is "a part of the 'Blame America' crowd."

The mailer also fails to identify the man pictured with Anderson as the head of the Islamic militant group Hezbollah, which was behind Anderson's kidnapping. The journalist interviewed the terrorist leader after being released from captivity. "I am proud that I did that," he said Thursday.

Anderson called Padgett's ad "a form of lying," and repeated his vow that because of it, "I'm simply not going to appear with Sen. Padgett again."

Padgett's campaign manager Jeff Lehner, standing in for his boss at the Lottridge event, defended the ad, contending that Anderson's quoted statement "reflects an attitude that is not southeast Ohio. We haven't done anything wrong."

Padgett, likewise, said Friday she stands behind the mailer. "I approved this ad," she confirmed. "I was part of putting it together. Absolutely, I'm owning this."

Questioned about the apparent illogic of accusing a victim of terrorism of being sympathetic to terrorists, Padgett replied, "I have total, unconditional sympathy for what Mr. Anderson had to go through being a hostage... It had to be a horrific experience." However, she stuck by her claim that his comment shows Anderson is "very, very liberal," and wrongly assigns responsibility for terrorist attacks to U.S. behavior.

"Did he do something so wrong that he deserved to a hostage for that period of time?" she asked.

Asked whether it might not be in poor taste to use as a campaign issue an experience as traumatic as Anderson's captivity, Padgett maintained that in his own literature and campaign speeches, Anderson refers to the experience frequently.

"He has his hostage pictures throughout his literature," she declared. "I am not the person who brings that experience up on a regular basis."

Ultimately, Padgett said, she found the quote offensive because "with that quote, I think Mr. Anderson tried to put a lot of gray area between good and evil, and there isn't any, in relation to the events of 9/11."

In the context of the October 2001 Athens NEWS article, however, Anderson apparently is referring not to terrorists hating America, but to people in the Middle East in general. (The article is available in The NEWS' online archives [www.athensnews.com], under the key words, "Terry Anderson.")

On Friday, Padgett did acknowledge that it would have been better to identify the man Anderson is shown speaking to, and the context of the conversation. "I do regret that," she said. "That was an omission."

Anderson, meanwhile, is as adamant in his position as Padgett is in hers. After his appearance in Lottridge, he refused to shake hands with Lehner, and could be heard angrily telling the campaign staffer, "You've got to stop this."

ANDERSON AND LEHNER also traded barbs Thursday on issues such as school-funding reform and taxes.

The Democrat slammed the state Legislature for failing to fix Ohio's heavy dependence on local property taxes for public school funding, despite being repeatedly ordered to do so by the Ohio Supreme Court. Noting that the state has now appointed a blue ribbon commission to study the question, he added sardonically, "I call this a dead-horse issue. If you find you're riding a dead horse, you don't call a council of veterinarians."

Anderson said he has seen a number of different plans that might help fix the system, but so far the General Assembly has lacked the will to pass any of them.

Lehner said on the school funding issue that Padgett is working on a bill to reduce transportation costs to geographically large rural districts. More importantly, however, he said, his boss "is a firm subscriber to the theory that a rising tide lifts all boats." The first step to fixing school funding, he suggested, is to improve the state's economy, not to alter its tax structure in a major way.

"The first step is to get the economy moving again," he said.

Anderson replied, "If your boat's leaking, you don't care which way the tide is going."

Lehner accused Anderson of having proposed a new tax for Ohio, in the form of a statewide property tax to fund schools. "We're already taxed enough in Ohio," he said.

This sparked an angry retort from Anderson, who pointed out that Lehner failed to mention that Anderson has said he would back such a tax only if it replaced existing local property taxes, thus not raising the overall tax bill.

"That's a flat deception," he said. To Lehner, he asked, "How can you do this?"
    test
  3. Cri

Cri aerial wolf hunter

of course, its obvious ALL republicans are worthless collections of evil in the forms of human beings

every last one of them
    test
  4. deadweather

deadweather ******

i concur:

here is another article from the village voice concerning this issue:

http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0443/mondo3.php

This year's most extraordinary example of slimeball politics involves the former hostage Terry Anderson, who is running for state senator in a district in southern Ohio. His opponent, Joy Padgett, a longtime Republican functionary, links him and Dan Rather as two liberal journalists who don't get their facts straight, going on to show a photo of Anderson shaking hands with a Middle Eastern–looking man and accusing him of being soft on terrorism.

Anderson, a former chief Mideast correspondent for the Associated Press, was taken hostage by Hezbollah in Lebanon in 1985 and held until 1991. Following his release, he returned to Lebanon with a CNN crew and searched out his former captors. A photo from that trip is the one now being used by Padgett.

After returning to the U.S., he taught at the Columbia School of Journalism, and currently is honorary co-chair with Walter Cronkite of the Committee to Protect Journalists. This year he decided to run for office.

His district lies in southern Ohio, along the Ohio River, in a culturally conservative rural area where one current issue is the loss of jobs in coal mining. The congressional district that encompasses the state senate district is held by a Democrat, and because of its long ties to heavy industry and the worsening jobs picture, Democrats believe they can win here.

Among Anderson's most important support bases is the student body of Ohio University at Athens, where Anderson has set up his headquarters. These students register and vote with so-called "provisional" ballots. The Republican secretary of state, Kenneth Blackwell, doesn't want to include provisional ballots unless voters can prove they permanently reside in the district. If that interpretation holds, many of these students will find their votes challenged. Right now, Anderson says he's ahead in polls, but the Republicans have been savagely attacking him. The state GOP is pumping $1 million into the race, a huge amount for a state senate seat, and has brought in negative-advertising experts.

The attack ads against Anderson have been in mailings and on TV and radio. At a League for Women Voters debate last week, Anderson walked off the stage, refusing to participate. "The first time I met Padgett she said, 'I run a clean campaign,' and I said, 'Good, let's do that.' I have attacked her votes . . . never attacked her personally. . . . She attacked me, twisting my campaigns. The last piece, I couldn't accept it.

"The picture," he continued, referring to the photo of himself shaking hands with the Hezbollah official, "is one of the guys who kidnapped me, who held me for seven years, who chained me and blindfolded me. I went back to Lebanon with a CNN news crew and looked him up and put him on camera and asked him, Why did you do this?

"She now says I am an apologist for terrorists.That's sheer nonsense. It's offensive. I've just about had enough."
    test
  5. deadweather

deadweather ******

holy shit @ what joy padget looks like

[​IMG]
    test
  6. deadweather

deadweather ******

i wrote an email to her: lmao.

You most definitely lost my vote and all my support for both you and the republican party. I come from a family of staunch republicans and have been raised with republican values, however your recent tactics towards Terry Anderson are de~~~~able and the epitome of dirty politics. As a lifelong republican, this is the first time I will ever vote democratic, and I am currently re-examine whom I will be voting for November 2nd for president as well.

Sincerely,

Favian Garcia
    test
  7. deadweather

deadweather ******

Dear Editor,

On WTNS I heard the most nasty attack ad I think I've ever heard. It supposedly came from a surprising source, Joy Padgett for Ohio Senate. A sarcastic voice states that Terry Anderson (her opponent) is really from New York, which also is where Hillary Clinton is from. Oh me. Oh my. Then he goes on to say Terry is a liberal because he was a reporter. Oh dear. What logic is that? The voice continues along these lines for quite some time. How dumb do you think we are? I urge Mrs. Padgett to disavow this horrific smear campaign. I can only think it was done in her name by the big wigs who placed her in Carnes' seat to begin with since I have always known Mrs. Padgett to be a friendly and kind person.

Terry Anderson by all accounts is a real American Hero. According to some Web searching I did, he was born in Lorain, Ohio, grew up in New York, went to college in Iowa and started his career in journalism there. He joined the Marines. He eventually was a combat corespondent in Vietnam and became the Associated Press Chief Middle Eastern Corespondent. He was taken hostage in Beirut by Shiite militants in 1985 and was held for nearly seven years. After being released, he wrote some books and started teaching journalism at Columbia University and Ohio University. He owns a restaurant in Athens, which is also part of our Senate district. Now he's decided to throw his hat in the ring for Ohio Senate. His Web site, voteterry.com, says some heart warming stuff about working for the dignity and self-worth of all people.

The kind of attack I heard against this man yesterday is disgusting given these facts. Why can't candidates stick to telling us about their own qualities instead of running down the other guy?

Matt Hinds

West Lafayette
    test
  8. Phantom

Phantom T'is I, Ray Ocean

thats the type of shit thats goin to lead our country into oblivion.
    test
  9. deadweather

deadweather ******

fuck republicans
    test
  10. deadweather

deadweather ******

uppin for the night shift
    test
  11. deadweather

deadweather ******

test
  12. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

what a fuckin bitch

i would spit in her fuckin mouth
    test
  13. deadweather

deadweather ******

send her an email nimrod, dont use any vulgarities, just tell her how you u were gonna vote for her until she used dirty tactics

the more democrats the better off we'll be

maybe one day we'll have another decade of prosperity ala the clinton years and i could get a decent job out of college.

i
    test
  14. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

whats the dumb bitch's e mail
    test
  15. deadweather

deadweather ******

test
  16. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

aiight, i kept it modest and civil for u

here's a copy of the e mail i just sent her

Subject: supporter.......about the election

To: sd20@mailr.sen.state.oh.us

you are a dumb fuckin bitch

you are solid shit scum in semi decomposed panties

that piece of maggot shit you pulled was the most
    sleezy crust of dirty politics i have ever witnessed
    in my entire existence

how can you even live with yourself at night?

knowing that you put blatant ignorant propaganda into
    the mail boxes of US citizens like a dirty loaf of
    bubonic rat shit to infect them with pure nonsense

you are the sole and only reason this country is
    despised outside of its borders

you represent the ideology of sleez

i wouldnt be surprised if a fuckin dirty rat with
    shitty whiskers made its abode inside your womb

i would hate to be related to you, your kids must
    despise the deepest guts inside of you

ur own large intestines must detest your small
    intestines

because even they know the truth of how dirty you are

everybody will hate your guts

when i recieved this piece of padgett shit in the
    mail, i was completely appalled

i had to take a shower afterwards to get the stench of
    ignorance from outside my pores

i hate the very inner most depths of your soul for
    that stunt that you pulled

you are a disgrace to man kind

no, that is an insult to my family's existence and
    being

you are a disgrace to matter

you are a disgrace to idea

you are a disgrace to existence in its complete and
    unadulterated entirety

you are a disgrace to a random space of blackness in
    the furthest outskirts of this universe

i would love to spit right down your throat

bye

test
  17. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

"like a dirty loaf of bubonic rat shit"

WOW.
    test
  18. GarciaVega

GarciaVega Razor Ramon

[​IMG]

a leaflet passed out by a democrat candidate, who is also working for Kerrys campaign..

a far worse offense... but just showing that nasty politics are played by both sides..
    test
  19. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

WHAT?????????

how the FUCK is that a far worse offense?

how is that hindering bush's credibility through lie and deception like this bitch is doing???????

you are a fuckin moron if you compare that leaflet with the shit this woman put together

yes ur shit is inappropriate, but it isnt a fuckin lie

it isnt made to decieve

wtf
    test
  20. GarciaVega

GarciaVega Razor Ramon

^^no your a moron cuz all you see is bush..

What about the Menatlly handicapped community?

he completely alienates and insults them...

your comparing a personal attack, based on political ideologies, to a mindless,insensitive disrespectfull flyer, that has nothing to do with the issues and is just a lame ploy to get a chuckle or two..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.