Diets

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by XxLiLBuRnAxX, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

I'd like to know what everyone is eating on a daily basis. I'm sure most people do not stick to a strict diet of heathy eating every single day. But lets see what you do.

Me being of small stature by genetics I have to eat A LOT in order to gain and maintain any weight. My diet is so important to my body composition that I was recently bound to the bed with a cold for about 4 days eating soups and I ended up losing a total of 7 pounds.
    My body does away with fat TOO well. Before starting my diet about 6 months ago I ate nothing but sugar candies, moonpies, cupcakes, pizza, hotdogs, snickers bars, and Mcdonalds for the past 2 years. I ended up gaining a total of 3 lbs over the course of 2 years. I started the diet and gained 12lbs in 6 months. Not too impressive for some but for my small structure it was quiet the achievement.

Normal day
    I usually wake up to a protein shake seeing how I'm too lazy to wake up early enough to cook breakfast. This starts me off with about 15-20 grams of protein. Then its off to class for 2 1/2 hours. I come home and usually eat a chicken sandwich and tuna and grab another protein shake. Thats about 50 of so grams total for that meal. 3 hours later or so I head to work and order some food there, usually a sampler platter of boneless chicken, beef, shrimp, and lamb, or a roasted chicken leg and breast. (30 or so grams there). While at work I usually snack on boneless chicken pieces and leftover beef. After work I usually head out to a waffle house or a similiar restaurant where Ill order a steak or a club sandwich or eggs or something with high protein. I go home and grab another protein shake and peanut butter crackers or something before going to bed.

The protein shakes are there for when I am simply TOO full to eat anymore. I have to push my body to substitute the protein shakes for more food (because like I said my body needs the calories).

Ill sometimes (maybe once every couple weeks) swing by Sonic or something a grab a triple cheeseburger and a ice cream sundae. The only good thing about my body comp is that I can eat whatever I want and I won't put on the fat, I simply just wont gain weight.
    test
  2. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I have a hard time putting on weight too. I try to eat every hour or hour and a half(which is difficult and requires some planning and creativity). I'd suggest picking up some protein bars so you have something to much on while at school. And you need a better breakfast. I have a couple whole weat bagels, whole weat english muffin, and about 5 or 6 eggs for breakfast with some OJ. Want the most carbs in the morning.

Do you use any other supplements than whey?
    test
  3. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Breakfast - like 3-4 packs of instant oatmeal, maple and brown sugar bangs and maybe a bowl of total...

Before Lunch - Granola and almonds and dried cranberries or raisins

Lunch - Two of those tuna pouches, 20 grams of protein, 1 gram of fat...and a Chicken Titty, grilled...

Before Dinner - A few pieces of turkey

Dinner - 2 Chicken Titties, Tuna and a Salad wit very little dressing

After dinner/Before Bed - Yogurt and Slim fast (really good meal supplement actually) and a protein shake on the days I lift

Every fuckin day like clock work man...I'm actually gettin sick of it so i'll be comin up wit a new plan soon
    test
  4. Skrybe

Skrybe ConnectedthruaForeignExch

^

Yeah, I was abou to say ... I just can't do that, man. I just can't. Same thing, over and over again, day after day after day after day? I can't. I'm actually in pretty much the exact same boat as Burna, so I need to probably adopt his way. Of course it'll be easier when I'm back stateside and can control what I eat more easily (it's a little tougher when you're working with a military dining facility - though it's getting easier these days). For now I'll just do what I can.
    test
  5. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

Diet is like 80%+ of your success. sorry to say.

it's the shittiest part of this game.

My diet looks somthing like:

9am - 2 cups of oats, 1 banana, 1 cup of protein powder, cup of milk, big cup of OJ + supplements

11am - 8 egg whites, 2 full eggs, supplements

2pm - protein shake (sometimes I'll eat like 6 oz.of cottage cheese or a baked potato), supplements

5pm - 2 chicken breasts or 2 cans of tuna, one string cheese, piece of fruit and/or salad

8pm - sandwich (lots of meat, usually chicken/turkey), piece of fruit, baked potato OR 10oz of canned chicken raw instead of sandwich. include bread.

10pm - string cheese, banana

11pm - supplements, pre-workout

1am - post workout: protein shake (bout 300 calories, 25-30 g of protein + whatever in the skim milk I mix with), supplements

2am - 3-4 glasses of milk OR cottage cheese, I used to eat a full meal like a chicken breast + avacado

Sleep 8-10 hours... repeat cycle. i change things up a bit with veggies or avacados or add a extra bread and lose a potato.. sometimes I"ll have healthy microwave dinners to toss in there for a meal, sometimes brown rice is in there.. but it's mostly the same foods day in / day out. this works on day i work in the PM.

I just re-work it when I'm off or work AM or overnight.

oh yeah and I drink a gallon a day of water.

have fun.

and I supplement pretty heavily.. so I fit that in also.
    test
  6. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

Graphx if I was you, I'd say fuck that packet oatmeal shit. too much sugar.

buy a tub of regular quaker oats, add with water and add a cup of protein or some cinnamon..
    test
  7. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I'll put everything I usually eat a day, but just as a list because I move around what I eat when.

7 or 8 egg whites
    3 or 4 whole eggs
    Chicken breast(or 2)
    2 whole grain bagels with low fat cream cheese
    whole grain english muffin
    turkey sandwich on whole grain bread
    can of tuna
    2 or 3 protein shakes
    low fat yogurt
    handfull of raw almonds(un salted)
    couple cans of fruit(either pears or mandarin oranges)
    some broccoli and carrots with some veggie dip
    peanut butter sandwich

Beverages:
    6-7 glasses of milk
    roughly 120 ounces of water
    1 or 2 glasses of OJ
    some vegetable juice

Supplements:
    2 tribulus pills
    5 grams of creatine ethyl ester
    the whey protein in the shakes
    flax seed