Diddy Tells "Band" To Try Again

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by KingMenace, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingMenace

KingMenace YOU MAD.

After failing in his initial search to create the ultimate all-girl band, Sean "P. Diddy" Combs will have another crack at it with a second season of "Making the Band 3," MTV announced.

The competitive series has been renewed for another season as Diddy attempts to assemble a record-breaking girl group despite his previous letdown with Da Band.

In the season finale, aired last night (May 5) on MTV, Diddy said he found the girls inadequate to form a group "that will make history."

Three girls, however—Aubrey, Malika and Aundrea—will return next season for another chance to make the band.

During the season finale, Diddy stated that he has been unsuccessful lately as a record executive, which he called unsatisfactory.

The Hip-Hop mogul said he planned to use the girl group to get back to his top record-selling status in the music business.

"Making the Band 3" ranked No. 1 in its timeslot among viewers 12-34 during the first season, which saw 19 girls residing in a New York loft while auditioning, singing and dancing to compete for a slot in Diddy's band.

The 19 were whittled down to five, none of which were selected.

The first round of open-call auditions for the second season will be held this month in GothamGotham and expanding nationwide.

The new season is expected to premiere later this year.

Source : AHH
    test
  2. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Diddy needs to realize the boy/girl groups ain't doin' big right now... The last half decently big one was B2K and they fell off... Even Destiny's Child ain't sellin' huge right now... Right now, it's 'bout solo artist... He's tryn' push somethin' that hasn't worked in the last few years...

He should try to actually push a dope MC cuz he's one of the big-dogs in the game that can MAKE a star... Give 'em dope production and push 'em the right way and he can have a superstar... He just has to find his guy...

But who the fuck am I? This du's a multi-million dollar entrepreneur so I guess I can't say shit... Well, I'm out!
    test
  3. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

^ yeah, shut up. :tongue: j/k.
    test
  4. NinoBrowN15

NinoBrowN15 the 100 million man

finally puff realizes he has been unsucessful damn wuts next farnsworth coming out of the closet
    test
  5. JD4REAL

JD4REAL Keepin' it 100

Did Diddy make them bitches go get him some cheesecake?! :screwy:
    test
  6. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

It's upsetting that he'd much rather gamble on a bunch of unpolished sirens than invest time into seasoned artists who have been exposed to industry.

Tanya Blount was once signed to his label.
    Tony Thompson was once signed to his label.

Neither of them ever released anything, but he's going to make history with a couple of girls who have never set foot on a stage?

It's not about making history... It's about him.
    Being in the limelight...

He's a sucker...
    test
  7. bigcfk24

bigcfk24 New Member

That was bullshit. Making the Band 3 didnt even make a band. What the fuck? Making the Band has gotten worse every season. O-Town was the only album worth buying...
    test
  8. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Man...ya'll didnt see this shit comin? Cuz word I did...Diddy is just milkin this shit...before this season even started he had it scripted to lead into a second...why? Cuz it makes money and hype

i'd fuck the brains out that aubrey bitch too by the way lol
    test
  9. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

I wonder if his first R&B female group "DREAM" are back working at Mcdonalds and Walmart's by now.. hahahaahahhahaha

Fuck most people don't even remember that group..
    test
  10. Joe Cleezy

Joe Cleezy *Foe Sheezy*

That shit was a complete waste of time. Ain't nobody gonna feel no mixed singing group anyway. At first I was kinda feelin sorry for them bitches but then I figured Diddy more than likely broke bread wit'em...especially the late rounders. Most of them broads was fine as hell tho especially that Yahaira bitch DAMN that's one sexy ass butta pican rican or whatever the fuck she might be dominican. But really tho that shit was weak mayn but you gotta admit it wasn't nuthin like the 1st 2 rite lol I was thinkin the feds was gonna kick in the door on them niccaz. Only bitch who got shit crunk on 3 was Lavantae [funny]
    test
  11. OrtizDupri

OrtizDupri then you gotta BREATHE

The blonde chick was fine as hell.
    test
  12. bigcfk24

bigcfk24 New Member

word, aubrey was the only reason I actually watched the show hah
    test
  13. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

Diddy done fuckin fell off.
    He aint never goin back to the top...not that he ever was lol
    test
  14. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

no he was at the top before...don't make dumbass comments

but yea that shit was so gay...he didn't even make a band....so wack..
    and yahaira should have stayed cause she was dime material...I seen her picture in the fucking King magazine ...yea..that gul is bangin...oh well...fuck it.
    test
  15. Hpnotiq

Hpnotiq KISS MY ASS BITCHES

i know people desperately want a record deal. but people need to realize that sean combs isnt the way to go. he fucks all his artists.
    test
  16. Joe Cleezy

Joe Cleezy *Foe Sheezy*

Yeah my nig that chick is bangin. And whats really foul about it is that this nicca Diddy don't wanna spend more time to work with dime pieces like Yahaira and Shantae but he doesn't have a 2nd thought about promoting the hell outta some weak ass lil boys from Atlanta who can't sing or dance worth a flip. Then this faggot ass nicca gonna settle for 2 skinny ass teenyboppin white hoes and a bitch that look like she's been abused and beat down all her life. The bags under Malika's eyes looks like fuckin snails almost. Them bitches would get booed off the stage on tour 4 real. I guess Diddy doesn't really value visual appeal tho...he put Lil Kim down for goodness sake lol. But hey I ain't gonna stress over the shit that's just my 2 cents.
    test
  17. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

Only time Diddy on top is when he's ridin cock.

Fuck that giggly ass dancin muthafucka...REEEEEEMMIIIXXXXXXX..remix these nuts *****.
    test
  18. X sample

X sample New Member

diddys the man!
    test
  19. sagacious infant

sagacious infant reflecting the sun

!!! Took the words out of my mouth. Me and my sis were talking about this. No one that great auditioned for the show to began with and my theory is that people who are serious about starting a career are not trying to be on television competing for it.
    test
  20. SuB zer0

SuB zer0 A.D.R.I.A.N.N.A

u cant just build a group

him of all people should know that shit
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.