did u know

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

if anything that contradicted a main tenent of the bible was somehow found to be certain truth I would find that as counter evidence.
    test
  2. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

what are these main tenents?
    test
  3. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Evolution and the age of the earth.
    test
  4. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

BP doesn't work like that. he will probably say evolution is just a theory and the age of the earth is either debatable or not a main piller. thats y i want him to be specific as possible before he goes off topic
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

Funny. Niether are 100%
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

Also our age dating processes are horribly inacurate as Anything can throw it off. There is no exact way to measure Time.
    test
  7. miscreant

miscreant 1996 was the shit

you're using belief in religion and belif in God interchangeably

it aint like that

also...

"stem cell research, intolerence towards homosexuality, intolerence to other religions, all the wars in Greece other who's god's cooler,

^isn't exclusive to followers of religion anyway, but moreso my argument is about believer's in God, not religion

people trying to use prayer to stop things like the black death instead of medicine, science being ignored and discarded during the dark ages (The whole "oh you belive in germs? I believe in god doe so you gon die nao" thing they had going on), witch hunts, religious wars,

^this was the dark ages, we were not as civilized

people refusing to discuss things like evolution and DNA because there religion disagrees with it, divisions based on religion (Jewish and Muslim areas of London, the Catholic/Protestant divide in ireland) Islamic honour killings (Over here there seems to be a few cases every month),

^moslems and christians kill each other, bloods and crips kill each other, communists and capitalists kill each other, bandidos and angels kill each other
    tribal instinct is everywhere, such killings are not exclusive to religion

people voting in political elections based on religious beliefs instead of what is best for the country and places of worship using public funding which takes it away from education and health care (In places with public health care instead of this bullshit system America uses).

^political policies effected for financial gain, not for the best interest of the people or the country, wars started for money/resources, i do agree with you about public funding though, any religion should pay their own way, state and religion shouldn't be combined

And that's just off the top of my head. Please don't claim religion has helped advance the world, because that's an outright lie."

i'm not even religious, i believe in God though

i'm not claiming religion has done anything, you are

and i disagree

i say greed, envy, jealousy, ignorance and arrogance has caused about everything you listed
    test
  8. miscreant

yeh

atheists have never

robbed

killed

raped

only believers in God do that shit

btw, i'm not a great person, i've done some pretty fucked up shit in my life

if anything has made me change somewhat over the years, i'd probably attribute it to my belief in God, if anything tempered some of my actions throughout the years, it was probably my belief in God

if i had no belief in God, i don't like to think what i could have done or what i'd still be doing

not saying this is the same for everyone though

but my belief in God, wit out doubt, has made me a better person
    test
  9. miscreant

yeh it's not the same thing

God didn't create religion

we did

belief in God is not the same thing as religion

but i see a lot of hate coming from atheists, a lot of deep seeded hate
    test
  10. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

The origional poster said religion held back society, some people disagreed. I listed examples. I don't care if it's made you a better person.
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

I know your not saying as compared to the rest of society
    Cus that would be super retarded.

Wow. Im tell mo we need a sticky for DUMBEST quote of the week. Im pitchin that.
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

test
  13. miscreant

it doesn't matter

religion or God

the same shit you blamin religion for can be blamed on

atheists

capitalists

communists

one percentas

gang bangers

racists

rapists

xenophobes

patriots

industry

banks

absolutists

but naw, don't blame extremists, radicals and power hungry manipulators, blame religion

cool

ima go smoke this blunt, fuck my bitch in the ass and blow in her mouth, all in the name of birth control

blame religion
    test
  14. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

And why in the world would you, of all people, do that exactly? Do you want more attention THAT badly?
    test
  15. TheBigPayback

Im sure ud be top the list often dont worry bout that
    test
  16. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Again, I don't care if they do that. You said how has religion held us back. I listed examples. Don't ask a question then get upset when I make you look like an idiot. How are you going to contend that the crusades weren't caused by religion? All the stuff I listed is caused by belief in god, and for the most part religion. Learn to read, I never said being religious makes you a bad person.
    test
  17. miscreant

lol

you haven't made me look like an idiot

and i ain't mad

i didn't contend that the crusades weren't caused by religion

you said religion held the human race back, something like that

you blamed religion for a variety of things

all of which can be blamed on non religious people too

a lot of shit might be done in the name of religion, but there are hidden agendas

i'm not even religious but you made incredible statements

men commit the shit you yapping about

not some God you don't even think exists
    test
  18. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

this was a response to mrjdm998's response to BP completely refusing how religion has hurt society in anyway calling it a "dumb statement"

but right now u are refusing to see a gray area. just because i am saying religion has held back us as people it doesn't mean im saying the opposite (atheist) are perfect. what im saying is that the negative that religion has given this world far outways the present day society we live in
    test
  19. TheBigPayback

Um. He didnt say hurt society although i wouldnt agree there either. He said held back our species.
    test
  20. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i understand what u are saying but u are switching the subject. somebody refused the idea that religion has caused harm then somebody else gave reasons. now u have switched subjects to "everybody causes harm not just religious people" which is 100% true. BUT he was giving examples to how only RELIGION has harmed us, not how only people who believe in religion are evil.

we can all agree that MANY MEN have caused evil despite their believes, but if u want to discuss how atheist have caused harm id love to hear it. make another thread bcuz thats a long discussion
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.