Did Solomon lose to Flamez?

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by mapleleaf, Jun 5, 2010.

?

Who wins?

1. Solomon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Flamez

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

1 way out of many. Just because you know of one way or prefer one way, doesn't mean all there is is one way.
    test
  2. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

That's fine. He spit nice too. I'm not saying Flamez shit was garbage, it would sound ill as fuck on a beat, it just wasn't a battle verse.

He should just used that verse as filler, and freestyled every other bar and made it personal.
    It was a valid analogy.

Even the terms are the same.

The fact that you don't get it boggles my mind...
    test
  3. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

this battle has always been an example I used with close friends to show what's wrong with battling these days.

Flamez killed him lyrically, but people don't care about that. It's about whos mother is a non virgin Mega whore and who looks like 2 dudes had a baby together. Simply put? Skill vs comedy.

Who should win when it comes to a rap battle? skill.

So as to who actually won, I think it can't be judged by the reactions of an 8 year old in the background who goes berzerk if they hear jokes about taking a shit. Flamez easily had the content/skill award and in my opinion won.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. BinoSWI

BinoSWI Half Jamaikan Half Scouse

am i the only 1 whose friends think battling is lame n kinda think im lame for always watching em haha
    test
  5. ErikForeman

They did until I showed them what it's really about, and not a bunch of corny mom jokes. Haha
    test
  6. King John

King John ♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

Flamez may have come more "lyrical" but what he was saying was irrelevant to dissing his opponent, he was spitting some cypher type shit while Solomon was actually dissing Flamez.
    test
  7. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

If that's the kind of stuff you guys like, then why don't you just post up mixtape verses next to each other and vote on which is doper.

Yea, Flamez verses were more listenable, definitely more musical, and lyrical and purest sense of the word.

But what Iron Solomon said would make me wanna punch him in the face. What Flamez said would just make me say, cool dude, nice verse.

Battling should be about destroying your opponent, not writing the best verse...
    test
  8. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

test
  9. zonal000

zonal000 Well-Known Member

No, you're not alone
    test
  10. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

This is not true at all. watch the battle.

sorry but saying you look like cheech and chong had a baby isn't personal or relevant. Lol ricky martin as a heroin addict.

Just as relevant as saying he'll bend his legs behind his head.

"But he mentioned he wasn't wearing a shirt!! he should win!"

Come on now. watch the battle.
    test
  11. Midemceeon

Midemceeon New Member

when i was younger i used to think that solomon styled on him even though flamez flow was better to me. i thought this based off the crowd remember its a rap battle so you need to know how to rap AND attack your opponent.
    looking at it now solomon said some pretty cringeworthy and stupid shit. I always hated that dumb ass glasses rebuttal too.if you gonna recycle it least let it be good
    flamez styled on him
    test
  12. Per$onal

Per$onal New Member

D Lor is obviously 1 of 3 things right now

Trolling for the fuck of it

Taking the losing side of an argument on purpose, just to sharpen his debating skills

Just bitter because he's never been relevant, and his biggest accomplishment as a battle rapper is losing multiple times at tourrettes to thesaurus

Iron Solomon absolutely ether'd flamez...it wasn't even remotely close

"he looks like cheech and chong had a baby together"

"this is what ricky martin would look like as a heroin addict"

"cook a fried egg on the grease in your hair"

"his homies tell me that your nice...well there on drugs"

and it goes on and on

Not only were the lyrics better, more relevant, and actually disses, but he had a much better delivery, had a great flow, and also rapped extremely well. Forget his recycled shit, those weren't even the best lines of the battle by far....Shit, solomons worst lines were more quotable than flamez's best.

And lets just for a second pretend solomon came wack anyway. Flamez lost it by default for saying "when i bend his legs way up behind his head"

And lets also pretend that a battle is just about displaying rapping ability...Solomon is a dope ass fucking rapper as well, and he could've just spit something like his 44 4's verse, which is 10x as dope as anything flamez spit, and would've crushed him....but guess what, that's not a battle.

Solomon had the crowd on his side because of rlelentless punchlines that actually hit flamez. He had the crowd by the balls[no, not just the kid, but the people behind who were laughing and saying WOAH! at the end of all his verses], and also had the delivery and confidence that just made you believe he was the better battler, and he backed it up with his content
    test
  13. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

no, rone bars were written 10x better
    test
  14. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

10x more personal than anything Flamez said.
    test
  15. Judgekure

Solomon had his fair share of writtens and Im beyond sure that Flamez was written.

Eleagle was rapping better then Rone...How come Eleagle didnt win?
    test
  16. BinoSWI

BinoSWI Half Jamaikan Half Scouse

my friends think the street shit is more corny to be honest, ie, they couldnt really tell the difference between dat tubesteak battle nd a real 1, dey like battles over beats tho. like 8 mile haha
    test
  17. Midemceeon

Midemceeon New Member

are you kidding me?!
    he was absolute horse shit that battle
    test
  18. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

lol wow, welcome to 2004
    Since then...

I'd say my biggest accomplishments are having a winning record in the toughest division in GT, being a founding member of the freshcoast movement and being featured on the dvd. Having respect on the westcoast battle scene and actually attending events. Having a large niche supportive fanbase who respect intelligent lyrics. Ghostwriting a lot of your favorite bars, and being a super genius attending a top university.

You know who I am, I have no idea who you are. let that sink in for a second.

But you are now on my ignore list so treasure the one time i recognized your existence.
    test
  19. ErikForeman

Yeah, this is where my being a fan of street battling influences me. I don't need someone to say another dudes' name over and over for it to be a valid diss. Saying someone's sweeter than an orchid rose, and basically that you're lyrically better (and being RIGHT) is a relevant diss.

You wanna see irrelevant verses in a battle? Check out Freeway vs Cassidy, he's not even spittin about him or his opponent directly in the battle, just talking about how his girl gon' ride for him or some shit.. Flamez was saying all sorts of relevant punchlines. Personal vs punchline does not always win, sometimes a general punchline can be much better.
    test
  20. Judgekure

But thats not the argument. The argument everybody seems to have is that if your RAPPING better, it beats out any personal or punchline. You clearly need more style and delivery in order to win a battle.

I know Rone fucking killed him, But thats not my point.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.