Did Jay-z ever rap about coke before Reasonable Doubt?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

soon as I see this I knew despite all logic, you would not even remotely agree.........see he hasn't spent his whole career doing it, and for the sake of things, you must admit that i am right in saying that you are basing the whole negativity upon one half a bar out of context from the 7th year of jay career.......every rapper has not bitten a trend, many of them simply follow a certain trend to a point, or may elaborate upon a trend.......the reasonable doubt sound wasn't like anything else still, even if you feel like he bit a trend which was never really a trend till jay started talking about it......drug dealer, yes big said this, but big said many other things too, as has jay......I still cannot get what other trends you keep saying he bites.......

I know how different our opinions have been since day 1, but i also know you agree with me often cuz we have similar tastes in music from a fans view.....a whole lot of opinion changing has taken place over the years, as you used to be nearly this hard on nas........we both change views a bit, i think you are deead set on this thing heavy for some odd reason......you admit that many others do the same thing, but you give all the negative to jay......

what ol hov do to you my homie?
    test
  2. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Dumb down as in Waka Flaka dumb. Swing and a miss? He's been the same since RD. If he was always followimg a trend then he would do EVERYTHING popular. Some niggas just haters I gotta except that's what you are.

Sixers ballin' on Tapatalk
    test
  3. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

then he admitted
    then he goes on to say how he really feels not how he got heard,
    so in the same vain as his word is his bond to u about dumbing down, he said why he does this and who he is really on par with lyrically, but would rather not be a broke rapper
    so above is him explaining that fiscally it does not have him chilling with warren buffet or being as succesful as he had always claimed he was/would be. by rapping like common or using his rap common sense....by knowing the biz jay knows what he up against, and seems to not care what dream's perception of him is, cause many seem to not understand the difficulty of finding a balance of money and music......he is pretty honest bout his thoughts upon how he has hustled his way from rd to half a billionaire.....

i think this explains itself well

seems he thinks a lot and stays on top of things as his mind is constantly working even when stopped, so he seems to be able to say things very well to dumbed down and lyric dissectors.....

lets now stone jay for being lyrically honest and take things out of context
    test
  4. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

hater? how? I never said dude was wack, im just stating facts.
    test
  5. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

not sure why this helps your argument. i've been saying all of this the entire thread. he doesnt rap to his full potential or the way he wants to because it wont get him the type of money he makes now.
    test
  6. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

jayz dame and biggs

paid for they own videos in 1995 before reasonable doubt

had criss on a boat

songs called in my lifetime, and the remix...

sick shit

jay really was ballin in 95

oBVI from sellin yayo/cracc as a youngen
    test
  7. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

conscious content doesn't make the writing, delivery, flow and production any more or less impressive.

that's like saying bruce lee didn't reach his full potential because he used martial arts in the US as a star, in fights, made it flashy and streamlined, appealing and dangerous rather than traditional... instead of sitting on a mountain top in the Himalayas, meditating, practicing tai chi and exhibition, while abstaining from violence against anyone or anything.
    test
  8. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

truth, but i gotta post it -

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.