Did Jay-z ever rap about coke before Reasonable Doubt?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Ludacris kills those three. jeezy barely has a brain. hes not even a rapper.
    test
  2. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

and I'm accepting everyone's defeat in finding a jay verse before reasonable doubt where he didnt rap about coke. THe nigga was rapping years before 96 and couldn't get on till he started biting the popular style of that time. He continued biting for the remainder of his career which is why hes so successful.
    test
  3. Sean Beastly

Sean Beastly New Member

You know what, you're right. You showed me the light, that is such an important factor when it comes to music that I'm no longer a gay z fan anymore.
    test
  4. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Slap? LMAO Nigga quit clowning with this stupid shit. You don't even believe what saying you just wanna argue.

Sixers ballin' on Tapatalk
    test
  5. Davizzy

Davizzy New Member

Lmao at somebody actually believing Bone Thugs and Luda is better than Jay

Nigga please

:funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:
    test
  6. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

lol dream you are going overboard......who cares if he has a verse about coke before he made an album which had more than the word coke in it.....who the hell was he biting for every trend he started?......jay>nas
    test
  7. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Dream off that loud ain't no use talkin' to the boy. He's like a rebel teen.

test
  8. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

4 years ago i would of picked luda over jeezy

but jeezy done came up, dude got hits

luda sometimes gets too comedy tbh

but still cant be fucked with by nobody but a few
    test
  9. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

luda is one of the best guest artists, but i have never been a fan of a whole album of his.......i remember hearing fat rabbit the first time, thinking ok we have a special special dude on our hands, and he changed a lot from then, but he is a great rapper......
    test
  10. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

bottom line is, i respect artists who are original, not biters. jay's a dope rapper, but he stays out of my top 10 due to lack of originality/innovation. I cant fully respect an artist who spent 90 percent of his whole career doing whatever was popular at the time. end of story.
    test
  11. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

lmao at this whle thread
    test
  12. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

test
  13. Poc*

Poc* New Member

Jay Z is a fictional character. You people are to stupid to realize that. Get a hint, and his phony computer raps are garbage by the way. I can do way better than that. APOCOLYPS*
    test
  14. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

You can say he only did whats popular. But how you explain him not making dumb downed party tracks wearin skinnys and using autotune? From 06 on it's been that way.

test
  15. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

swing and a miss. the nigga admitted in "Moment of Clarity" that he dumbed down his music to "double his dollars"
    test
  16. .Sand.

.Sand. i don't feed crocodiles

If the point of rapping is to get people to listen Jay is without doubt one of the greatest of all time. Cliche' is an important tool, hating on someone for realizing that and exploiting it is waste of thought. The guy makes good music and his flows are impeccable, easily top 5
    test
  17. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

who else was talking big pimpin big money, selling drugs to get into music in order to become a mogul, and basically redefining what a hustler can be, from the streets to the music biz.......everyone else has done what jay said he did in moment of clarity, especially nas, cause he sucks at it so its obvious.......jay was not behind the trend wagon on anything.......he was and is ahead.....****us you are taking a song lyric and judging a career by it man,.,.,.,.,.,
    test
  18. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

100%......
    test
  19. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

you are absolutely right freebass.

My favorite MC of all time nas did it in the late 90s.

Eminem had commercialized tracks on Recovery.

Ludacris dumbed down his lyrics drastically in the latter half of his career.

In fact damn near every rapper at some point has used/copied/bitten a trend to sell records or fit in.

so why am I singling out Jay-z?

BECAUSE HE SPENT HIS WHOOOOOLLLLEEE CAREEERRRR DOING IT.

all of my other favorite rappers have had successful moments in their career in which they were putting out original sounding music with their patented style. Jay doesnt have that moment...
    test
  20. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Im not debating whether he makes good music. nor am i debating his flow. Im saying he isnt innovative and never has been.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.