Did God really create "you"?

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Anidawehi, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Now, granted you may be stupid enough to believe in Adam and Eve and the whole literal Garden thing, so I'll take that into consideration as I word this quesiton:

Did God actually create you or are you the effect of a cause which was the effect of another chain of cause and effects?
    test
  2. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

no effect and cause..we are gods creation
    test
  3. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

No, you were not created by God.
    Your vehicle was made by your mother and father.
    Your brain and organs belong to the vehicle and are ALL a product of your father's sperm and your mother's egg.

"You" or "Your identity" is the creation of your parents. They named you and they taught you what was right and what was wrong. As you grew older, society influenced those ideas of right and wrong and that grew within your mind. Your "self-image" was then reinforced with more concepts of "self-ness" which of course is nonsense.

The only thing left, theologically and philosophically (of course) is your Soul or Spirit. The Soul or Spirit is what? Adam received the Soul or Spirit when God breathed life into his nostrils, correct (according to your book)? So then the Soul is the breath of God (according to your book). If the soul is the breath of God then the soul is God and we are not simply "creations of God" . . . we are "gods." We are the infinite existing within finite forms.

God did not create you.
    test
  4. cock juggler

cock juggler Double ML=STUD

Az you are going to hell when you die

Satan's spirit rests in yours
    test
  5. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

yes God created me.
    test
  6. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

[funny]

That brings up another question. In the Old Testament God was a violent, hateful, jealous, murderous God. Then in other places God is a loving, kind, forgiving God. Is God both? If God is a murderous, violent, hateful, jealous God at times . . . then where does Satan fit in? There are four options:

1. There is no Satan and God is the totality in all its glorious extremes.

2. There is a Satan and not only did God create him, but he acts only at the allowance of God (as stated in Job), which means that half the time people are worshipping Satan (the murderous, jealous, envious, hateful, violent version of God) since it states in the Old Testament that God is good and cannot even be in the presence of evil. (Which also makes me wonder, if God cannot be in the presence of evil and Satan is evil then how did Satan go into God's presence to make a request to tempt Job? And if Jesus is God in human form then how could Satan be in the presence of Jesus? And if Jesus was God, then how could Satan even consider asking him to bow down and worship him? That would be impossible. Satan is not in opposition of God (according to your Bible), he is in opposition to MAN.

3. There is a being who carries out God's wrath (as the two angels did in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah), but he isn't evil at all. Man simply ascribes evil to him.

4. Satan is the creation of man. Satan is a weak attempt at pawning off your own evil thoughts and actions onto something other than yourself in hopes of avoiding responsibility for your own actions.

Rich - What is God? Certainly if God created you and you worship God, then you must know what God is?
    test
  7. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Well, brace will be banned for that one.
    test
  8. ex0tik

ex0tik ~ ex0tik ~ u kno how i do

This is a very Presbyterian Christian point of view. we believe we are God's creation for we are made through the image of God. Also, our lives are written for us in paticular ways even though it doesn't seem like it. FREE WILL + God's WILL is in regards to our daily living.
    test
  9. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

I appreciate the arguement that you pose, but the bias (and seemingly pure hatred you have for 'believers') makes me lose some respect for your claim. I'm sure what can be said on both sides can be relevent, but what you say to people when they respond (honestly and respectfully) to your thread is ignorant.

Before you even let anyone say something, you showed where you would stand on this subject, and you did so in a very negative manner. Also in your retort to ill rich's post, I don't think it's fair to come at a man's beliefs like that. You also realize that while your arguement against God is relevant in the lack of proof, our history period is somewhat of a mystery. All we stand on are theories.

Let people believe in what they want, without demeaning them in the process...please.
    test
  10. Virgo

Virgo Let's go to war

Has anybody else noticed that this thread is two months old?

*Shakes Head*

God did not create you. Your parents had sex. It's time to grow up.
    God did not create your parents, their parents has sex and made them.
    God did not create an original man and then make a woman from that man's rib. That is a fable. It is make believe. It didn't actually happen.

Why is it so ridiculous to believe in Santa Clause but its not considered foolish to believe that story? Is it really plausible that God is floating around outside of the earth? Is it really plausible that Jesus rose up into the sky in bodily form and drifted through the atmosphere only to float for several thousand light years to some distant galaxy without oxygen or any force to push off of?

No, we must not respect stupid beliefs.
    We must respect knowledge and truth.
    Any idiot can make up a fable and convince other idiots to follow it.
    How do you think Scientology came about?

If you want to believe in the Easter Bunny, go ahead.
    But know that I will tell you it isn't real.
    test
  11. SAMARA

SAMARA truth is a sword

Did God create me? is the question, right.

Yes.

you may say No.

but do I BELIEVE you?

No.

why?

it is not my BELIEF.

see how simple we break this down.

So , you call me stupid because I have a belief, without proof?

I call you a fool because you need proof.

This is how I know God created me.

I feel it.

Perhaps its ego, perhaps its pride.

sobeit.

im ok with that.

Then you could say, but what God created you?

I say, my God created me.

then someone could say.... your God?

yes, my God because this is what I BELIEVE.

and I dont need to be affirmed in this belief.

when I was born and when I die it was and will be alone.

So, I guess I have to start somewhere?

Between me and my God, is a good place for me.
    test
  12. absolute zero

Most God-fearing people are fully aware of how their physical being came to be. We all know about the birds and the bees. Don't take everything so literally. I don't believe there is ' a god floating around outside the earth '. I do believe it's possible for there to be some sort of higher power when it comes to life, and if mankind doesn't have it completely right about God or Jesus or whatever, that's fine too.

Can you provide me with 100% undeniable truth that we came from ••••••s, or cavemen, or whatever? No. You can't. You have theories. Just like Christians (and muslims, and buddhists, and whatever religion you can think of) have.

You say we must not respect stupid beliefs. We must respect knowledge and truth. But there is no undeniable truth yet.

There is a big difference between Santa Claus (no e), the Easter Bunny, and God. The fact that you are unwilling to let people believe what they want is what I find hard to believe.

Your refusal to respect a common belief is proof enough that you're not capable of having an intellectual arguement.
    test
  13. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I choose The latter.

Now Bob! tell the delusional runner up's what they'll be receiving...

It's the offical God Created You T-shirt.
    All races, All sexes, All ages, can now enjoy
    a Comfortable long walk in their expressive delusion,
    And unlike over aged Alter boys The offical god created you T-shirt is granteed to make all priest dick hard. This product is brought to you by God's main hereditary repersentive... Jesus in company!

[​IMG]

No creationist should leave home with out it.
    test
  14. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

whats my beeF with agreeing with Anidawehi now that i look at it and think about it?
    test
  15. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

How can a God exist when people kill each other and break God's Laws every day? By acknowledging God created you, You are publically annoucing God is a Sadistic psychotic sociopathic Being. After all, You are made in his image.

Are you God-fearing, Or are you Ignorant of God?
    test
  16. SAMARA

SAMARA truth is a sword

people have choice, the same choice that you have to choose what you believe.
    There are two laws, off the dome, empirical and ethical. Empirical are God's laws and ethical are man's laws and definately two different interpretations.

This is the confusion, man supposes that these two are the same and they are not.

No, here is the confusion, man is a "sadistic psychotic sociopathic", among many other choice words.

This is a belief that you are challenging, right? How am i to refute this is you cannot prove either that I am wrong?

I am both, God-fearing and ignorant of God.

You are too because you have deciphered and made a choice and in doing so you question others and yourself in the process.
    test
  17. Virgo

Virgo Let's go to war

[funny] @ T-Shirts

Sometimes I wonder if people even read what I write. Each of you who are disagreeing with me should start at the beginning of this thread and very slowly read each sentence, line by line and take it in. Consider it as you read it. Use your logic and reasoning abilities. Put aside your biases. I grew up in churches. I know how the mind works. When you see somebody saying, "Your God does not exist." it is a scary fuckin feeling. Especially when you first question it. That is how religions hold their power over you. Fear is the strongest weapon against logic and reasoning. Fight or Flight instinct being brought out in you.

Did God create your body? No, that came from sex.
    Did God create your mind? No, that came from sex too and is part of the body.
    Did God create your heart? No, that also is part of your body and came from sex.

What is the "you" that God supposedly created? Is it your name? Is it your identity as an individual? God did not create that. You did and the people around you did. Your parents picked a name for you and they told you what is right and what is wrong, etc.

The only thing that is "you" which can possibly be left is the Soul or Spirit.
    That is the only thing that God could have created. It is all that is left, which cannot have been created through sex.

So what is the Soul? Define the Soul if you believe God created it.
    If you are the soul and you believe that God created the soul that is "you" then what are you? What is the soul?

According to ALL the major world religions, the Soul is the breath of God. Of course I don't believe this, but I'll play along. If the Soul is the breath of God . . . then God didn't create it, it was part of God. If it was part of God then it was not created by God, it was distributed by God into the body.

I'm sorry, I can't even play along.
    How can grown adults believe this nonsense?
    God is floating outside of the Universe and then he picks up each and every one of the billiions of infants as they come sliding out of the womb (or is before while they are in the womb?) and he breaths the soul into them? Why does God do this? Who knows . . . God's a funny guy, evidently. He puts you on this earth and then tells you to worship him, or else. If you do worship him then you get to come up to heaven and worship him forever. Not much of a choice, is it? So God is a needy father figure? God is like this giant man outside the Universe who needs a bunch of humans running around fighting over which land God gave them?

I'm going to give you a scenerio. If you stand outside and look down at ants. They are running all over the place. Think of yourself as God for that moment and consider . . . they can see your feet. They can see parts of you. They cannot see all of you, but they can see parts of you. Would you ask them to worship you? Of course not. Not if you're sane. Because they can't see all of you, nor can they understand you . . . so why would you want them to worship you? They wouldn't even know what the hell they're worshipping.

Now, apply that to God. God hides himself from us and never speaks directly to us. Why? Who knows, God is a funny guy, remember? It must be a cosmic prank. You know, Spiritual Hide and Go Seek, cept the stakes are much larger. If you don't find God you're condemned to hell forever. Is God some huge cruel child? God hides from us and says, "Find me!" But God doesn't actually tell US to find him, somebody else always tells us that God told them to tell us to find God. They don't know what God looks like, we don't know what God looks like . . . but we're supposed to find him?

She just said -
    "I believe because I feel it."

You feel it because you want to feel it. Before you believed you didn't feel it. You started feeling it after you believed. Find a 1 year old and ask them about God. They will just look at you like, "What's that?" The mind is a powerful thing. If a person believes they are sick, they can physically become sick. If a person believes they are cured, they can physically become cured. They've done this with fake pills as tests. They gave some people real pills and others fake pills and told everybody that the pills were real and they all got better.

Belief and Knowledge are not the same.
    If you know God then you cannot believe in God.
    If you believe in God then you cannot know God.
    To believe is to not know.
    To know is to have no need for belief.
    And ALL of the books clearly say that you cannot know God.
    So why are you looking for God if you cannot know God?
    If you cannot find God then why look?

Can you not see that it is a tool used to control you? Send people out looking for this invisible father figure, keep them distracted, and then convince them that you found God and God told you to tell them to give their money to you to give to God. They turn their money over to you and you build them fancy buildings where they can all sing songs to an invisible God that neither you nor they have ever actually seen. It is all so very very very stupid.

Delusions
    Why don't you people want to actually think?
    You could have peace tomorrow if you just abandoned all the stupid make-believe concepts that divide the world. It is that simple. If you want to believe in God then believe in the only God that can actually exist. The only God that can be possible is the force which moves through and around everything in space. Physics have terms for it. Lao Tzu called it the Tao. If you want to believe in something, then believe in that. It can be proven. You can follow techniques and experience it for yourself, like any science. Tantra and Yoga both achieve the experience if you follow them all the way. Buddha taught it. Yeshua (Jesus) taught it. Lao Tzu taught it. It's the closest that you get to God. That's all there is.

Western Religions are a disease.
    Think of how many wars have taken place because of these stupid fuckin religions. Think of how many people have been mass murdered because of these dumbass "beliefs" that have absolutely no fuckin foundation at all. People BURNED AT THE FUCKIN STAKE for supposedly being witches. Joan of Arc (a 19 year old girl) was burned alive as "Christians" watched on. Beheadings, Crucifixions, Muslims bus bombings, Flying fuckin planes into buildings so Allah will give you virgins in the sky. IF your God did exist, he should be VERY angry with all of you. You religious fuckheads have completely screwed up this earth with your stupid ass beliefs. A church on every corner? How many houses does One God need? Is God like a wandering Nomad?

Eh
    test
  18. absolute zero

History has not been kind in the arguement of the Christian belief, I will agree with you on that. But as one might believe that God exists, will also believe that Satan exists.

"God is floating outside of the Universe and then he picks up each and every one of the billiions of infants as they come sliding out of the womb (or is before while they are in the womb?) and he breaths the soul into them?"

Many people in your position seem to take the argument of a believer too literally. I always hear the same statement: "Do you mean to tell me that I should believe that there is an all-powerful being hovering around in the sky/space/"heavens" and that he is responsible for me and not my parents?"

It is the belief that they choose, and it is not only rude, but asinine to attack them on a personal level in such a negative fashion when they tell you what they believe. This thread was made only to bash people who believe in God.

And the craziest thing is you assume that I'm taking a side. I'm actually not really sure where I stand with God right now, so to consider me a believer in God wouldn't be accurate.

I just do not think that this thread was created with the intent of having a mature and POLITE arguement.
    test
  19. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Edited for being a waste of time
    test
  20. Anidawehi

Anidawehi "-----"

Edited for being a waste of time
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.