Diaz wants GSP fight

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Mac Sabbath, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Nick Diaz is less than 48-hours removed from capturing the open Strikeforce welterweight title and he's already head hunting the world's best.

"I want to fight Georges St-Pierre," Diaz stated without hesitation after his Strikeforce: Miami win. "If they give me an option, that's the only fight I'm talking about. I want to fight the best. I want to fight the people that everybody thinks is the best out there."

The UFC welterweight champ was sitting cage-side watching Diaz dismantle Marius Zaromskis inside the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Florida on Saturday night.

Realistically, GSP is most likely locked-in for life with the UFC and Diaz has found himself with Strikeforce, so the potential scrap won't go down for quite some time, if at all.

In the meantime, Diaz is down for whoever, whenever. But now that he's dawning gold around his waist, he's expecting for Strikeforce to show him the proper "respect" that a champion deserves.

"I'll do whatever is going to pay me. I need money so I can take care of my family," said Diaz. "I'll fight whoever you want me to. Just pay me more money. Whoever you can pay me the most money to fight, I'm going to fight."
    test
  2. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

actually, I think Diaz vs BJ Penn would be a nice fight.
    test
  3. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

id like to see either
    test
  4. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

diaz would crush penn... bj is smaller than zaromskis and his striking is nowhere near as brutal... on the ground its neutral

i just dont know what predicament diaz got himself into, this is unique.... there is really nobody out there for him to fight outside of the ufc.... and the ufc wont let their fighters scrap outside the ufc anymore....

sucks shit
    test
  5. DahStoryTella

DahStoryTella knowledge of self

IMO Penn is a much better striker than Zaromskis, even if he doesn't use kicks.

Diaz should just realize the better fights are at the UFC, and stop the lil grudge he has with them.
    test
  6. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

What? BJ would be a dangerous foe for Diaz. Diaz has shown a weakness against the straight right and BJ has one of the best in MMA.
    test
  7. I agree.. Im one of the biggest Diaz proponents but he would have probs wit BJ's striking.. Im not saying Diaz would lose because I dont think that.. I think it would be one hell of a fight..
    test
  8. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

aside from noons, who pride considered the best striking 155 er in the western hemisphere, who the fuck has diaz ever had problems with under 6' ?

sherk? not really, and that was 4 years ago

penns arms aint long enough to box with god
    test
  9. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

gsp would dismantle him.
    test
  10. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Zaromskis is certainly the more exciting striker, but he's not as skilled. He has close to zero defense. Penn, on the other hand, is very hard to hit(if you don't have excellent takedowns and submission defense)
    test
  11. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

really?

so who else IN THE WORLD makes a better fight for nick? go look at the 170 top 10

kozcheck? lmao

fitch? LMMFAO

alves? maybe
    test
  12. imo fitch would be the tougher out of those three because he could take nick down and possibly ground out a decision..
    test
  13. Alves and Kos would both try to stand with him..
    test
  14. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

His reach and ability to beat up people in the clinch would be problematic for BJ. My favorite fights for Diaz aren't necessarily at WW, and not necessarily outside the UFC. But at WW you got also got koscheck, rumble, daley, rematch with diego, etc. I like Diaz, but I see plenty of legit challenges.

who knows, maybe strikeforce will dig up karo.
    test
  15. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

I think Fitch would be destroyed, honestly.
    test
  16. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

GSP and BJ would both annihilate Diaz.

Diaz is good, but let's be real here. GSP outmatches Diaz in every catagory minus BJJ. BJ outmatches Diaz in every category, except MAYBE boxing, and that is a HUGE maybe.

Diaz is much more technical than both of those guys, and he could pick them apart, but knowing his attitude/usual mindset, he'd want to try and "make an example" and go full-bore, which would lead him to get KO'd in both cases...
    test
  17. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

co-sign

fitch dont want any part of nick on the mat

its been so long since nick has even had to hit the deck with someone....

people are going to have to start picking their poison

nicks 12 KO victories are impressive considering he 'has no KO power' LMAO according to everyone else on line
    test
  18. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

BJ KO nick? LMAO are you kidding me ??????

nick has been KO'd one time legitimately and that was 8 years ago, try again

you forgot that gsp doesnt 'outmatch' nick in chin.... that bitch walk with a glass jaw, and nick would test it.

bj 'outmatches' nick in cardio/endurance? really? how long u say u been into mma? nick could fight 45 mins if he had to.... he literally never gasses.... BJ... not so much..... lets not forget about a 4-5 inch reach advantage,,, nobody ever remembers that when they are talking about 5'9 guys like zaromskis and penn... nick = 6'1 reach = 74

and

how the fuck can u sit nd say bj's bjj is any better than nick's in a cage or ring? gi's on , in a bjj match? maybe.... but fact is bj has never used this so called incredible BJJ in mma, so good luck getting that sub

people give bj waaaay too much cred, and gsp is a very talented guy... but his biggest weakness is nicks biggest strength

at least nick is finally getting the credit he deserves and being mentioned in fights with guys of high regard
    test
  19. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

^^^ honestly..... how do you see the BJ/diaz fight going down? im trying to comprehend your train of thought here
    test
  20. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Why does that matter?

Diaz hasn't fought anyone close to BJ's level, few people have.

BJ has some of the heaviest hands in his division, the only person Diaz has fought with hands similar to BJ was Lawler, and I sincerely doubt that BJ will make the same mistake as him.

I wouldn't say GSP has a "glass jaw" by any means, he ain't no fuckin' Arlovski. I think GSP is one of the smarter fighters in MMA, and I think Nick would certainly try to test his chin, but most certainly fail.
    Nowadays, yes, BJ does at least equal Diaz's level of cardio. BJ has been training like a fuckin' ANIMAL, if he stays on track, there's no way he'll gas before the end of the fight.

As per the reach advantage, BJ actually faired rather well against Lyoto Machida, who had a greater reach advantage, if I'm not mistaken (and I may be).
    Lol Really? 6 of his 15 wins are by way of submission, and the likes of Kenny Florian, Gomi, and Hughes are all on that list. And the latter two occurred before he started taking cardio seriously. He doesn't use it that much because in reality, he rarely has to, his heavy hands are usually enough to carry him to victory.

Round 1: Diaz peppers BJ and for the most part stays out of range of the bombs. BJ tries a couple of attempts to at least pull guard, but fails in all attempts except one. BJ then pulls rubber guard and attempts a triangle, but fails.
    Round 2: Diaz is still trying to pepper BJ, and gets real confident in his stand-up. BJ lands one shot that rocks Diaz, but doesn't end the fight. BJ jumps on the opportunity, takes him to the ground, and GnP's for the victory...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.