Developing Clothing line, need help

Discussion in 'Graphic Forum' started by Philly Spades, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philly Spades

Philly Spades New Member

I'm starting a clothing line, but i'm running into a problem. I have no clue what computer program i need to start getting ideas from paper to the screen. So if you guys know of any good programs to get started with let me know, it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe when we get up and pressing I can send you some shirts or something. Peace.
    test
  2. PyRoSiS

PyRoSiS New Member

you need a designer program like photoshop to get the designs done. And seeing as how you sound like you dont know a damn thing about it you need someone who does and they can send you the designs and you print em up and put em on the clothing. Get at me, I been using photoshop over 2 years now.
    test
  3. lucaz

lucaz New Member

NIEF_GraphiX man you sound real good.well im an upcoming hippop artist and ive down here in nigeria in africa,ive put together this kick ass album of both hippop and rnb,and i really want something fabolous for the cover , sometrhing to make me sell bad if you know what i mean.can wer talk
    test
  4. PyRoSiS

PyRoSiS New Member

test
  5. gt-designz

gt-designz New Member

i can wok wid you sein you dont have experience you do the paper drawingz den i vector dem on photoshop fa ya styll if you wanna talk busness holla at me on msn at youngsouja@sympatico.ca
    test
  6. Jyedigitech

Jyedigitech Member

I'm assuming you're designing tshirts. if so, you need to know about color separation and the printing process first and foremost. but to answer your question, if you just want to scan sketches into the PC you can use the scanner software that comes with your scanner. If you want to enhance those then you could invest in photoshop, freehand, corel, paint shop pro, etc just to name a few. If you are indeed designing tshirts then be sure what ever graphics package you invest in has vector tools. You need for tshirt art work for the sharper images. But like someone said, if you don't know graphics then hire someone that does. I've been doing it for 9+years now.

Jye
    check out my commercial:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=BrRUNAOI-dE

test
  7. Xzample

Xzample ....

I like the tshirt designs you did, cept I'd still have to send out to print em cuz of the white ink, I want somthin with uncle Rico made from Napoleon dynamite, with some kinda funny ass caption, I might holla at you about a couple things if the price is decent.
    test
  8. the_game_nwa

the_game_nwa New Member

photoshop is prolly a good choice
    test
  9. Sliksta Avlis

Sliksta Avlis Diamond In The Rough

Photoshop for all graphic related stuff.
    I've done clothing design before

For hot press shirts your gunna need the hot press machine, laser printer, always test-clean every couple prints, hot press paper (can be purchased at any office appliance store)
    keep the shit in a cool room, away from dust particles. If dust gets into the press, it sometimes causes blue streaks for some wierd reason.
    also put the money into glossy finish sheets, they make the shirts last longer. Apply them with the same hot press machine

for embrioderies...alot more difficult but lasts longer. Plus the machine costs alot more. You can use photoshop for it too, just convert the Dpi(dots per inch) to stitches.

good luck
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.