Detroit a lock to make the NBA Finals?

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Bash, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

we won didn't we? thats all i care about i don't give a fuck if eric snow made a 90 footer to give us the win. yea i said ya'll would beat us but that was incorrect just like the bulls beating ya'll. Cavs in 6 over detroit

and please please please please quit bringing up sex with dudes it was funny the first time but now i am afraid you really are a homo:eek:
    test
  2. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

dude you gay lmao changing post. hey i call myself what the ladies call me. handsome,cute,beautiful,sexy as fuck,hot,tremendous looking and well i could go on for hours but ya'll get the point
    test
  3. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

You got that one backwards :p

Btw, referring back to what girls call you, g rob doesnt count :lol:
    test
  4. MC propaganda

Yeah you won, but if you guys play like you have been against the nets, you wont even get to a game 6. When moore is scoring almost as much as lebron james in a game, you know something is wrong.

When moore is outscoring larry booghes by 6, you know something is wrong.

When carter is shooting like shit, dropping passes, running people over, missing shot after shot and free throw after free throw and you guys are still barely winning the games, you know something is wrong, not to mention kidd going 2-2094902290 again.

You're not gonna get that with the pistons, you're getting 5 starts who are capable of scoring 20 plus or better with atleast 3 of them doing just that and the other close behind in double digits, not to mention the better bench imo and way better defense. You guys better get 3 times better in a very short period of time, either that or by some miracle win the first two games to even give yourselves a shot. Otherwise, i wouldnt count on it.

Lebron and hughes having 49 out of the 100 points aint gonna cut it, you're not gonna get the other 35-50 elsewhere Little sasha isnt gonna be that much of an affective third wheel. I guess you better hope sheed says something about you not winning games, seems to be the one time something goes wrong after he puts too much pressure on hiself and the rest of the team to save his ass when he dont show up to play, that dont look like the case this year though, hes been on a rampage mostly :p, if hes scoring 15 or better, you guys have absolutely no chance, if he isnt scoring 15 or better i still dont give you much of one.

If you're having trouble scoring against the nets shitty ass defense like you were last night going MINUTES without scoring much, dont even show up to the game, really. If this playoff series is gonna be anything like the regular season, its gonna be a cakewalk like it was looking to be last year until the collapse. its already been a cakewalk so far with the magic and bulls, bulls being twice as good as any team you've played, i doubt if u had to play them or the heat, you wouldnt even be here by what i'm seeing in this nets series *shrugs*
    test
  5. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

If you told me before the series that Mikki Moore would drop 25 on us in any game, I would've said you're out of your mind.

If you said Jason Kidd would drop 5 points and 7 assists in the same game, I would've said I CAN LIVE WITH THAT.

The Nets, like the Bulls, played exceptionally well at home. Although the Nets are a 6 seed, they didn't play like one towards the end of the season. They got hot and it showed especially in the series against the Raptors who shouldn't have been as much of a pushover as the Nets made them out to be.

This is the NBA playoffs where any team can win and grind it out games-- especially after the first round-- are the norm. Remember, last year before the two teams met the Pistons had dominated the Bucks and the Cavs beat Washington in a 6 game series where THREE of the FOUR wins were decided by one possession. That's only happened 1 out of 3 with this years Nets.

The Heat last year suffered a 20 point blowout to the Nets IN MIAMI and a tough as nails series with a weaker Bulls team before eliminating the Pistons in the conf. finals last year.

All this meaning, assumption based off one game means nothing in the playoffs.

And as far as Carter and J-Kidd missing shots, give at least SOME credit to our defense. It was ranked fourth in the NBA in the regular season and SECOND best amongst playoff teams.

Discredit the Cavs all you want but the most important stat that stands out is the one you have yet to mention: Cavs lead three games to one.
    test
  6. MC propaganda

I give your defense credit, thats the one area i see improvement on, Cavs three games to one sure, but none of the wins have been convincing, though i didnt watch the cavs and wizards series due to how boring that sounds without wizards having any chance, i seen everyone say every game you beat them wasnt even convincing.

I think you're playing well, well enough to beat the pistons or win the finals though? No i dont, that has nothing to do with being a pistons fan. I think if you played the bulls ud see a seven game series there even, they're already about to win their second against us in what was predicted a seven games series (though i see it ending at the next one)

Its not shocking you're up three to one, its not shocking the bulls are gonna win a couple games this series, i predicted them to win in 6 as well as spurs in 6, what i found shocking was how you're struggling to beat the weaker teams but acting like you're absolutely gonna gonna put a whoopin on the pistons...The reason i said the bulls were a better team is because when they're good, they're good, fast, explosive, and aggressive and one player away from making pistons finals trips a hell of alot harder. Away from lebron james i dont really see that in your team being a problem for the pistons that they cant handle or will have that much trouble with past a 6 game series.

Call me a bias fan, but i dont see it happening, but i guess i didnt last year either along with everyone else. I guess we'll see if it will be an interesting series at all or not. Rasheed is really the x factor imo, he scores a solid 12-15, i like our chances, love them actually. He can be unstoppable when he plays well and drop a solid 24, unfortunately, the main player who stops sheed is sheed. Especially when his predictions come into play.
    test
  7. MC propaganda

Sure it does to a point, it gives confidence to teams, such as golden state dominating dallas in the regular season and knowing they could do it in the playoffs.

But you're right to a degree, its all about matchups. Away from Lebron james who is gonna get his regardless, and possibly even hughes a little bit depending on certain things, what other matchups do you see being a problem the pistons cant handle? Sasha?

I dont see any matchups other than lebron really being all that difficult, im sure hughes will play well. But beyond their combination of probably at most 45 points ( thats if hughes gets his every game), whos gonna get get all the rest of those points against a solid detroit defense? Gooden?
    test
  8. G-Rob da great

They say that because the box score doesn't show us winning by 20 points-- but having watch almost all 192 minutes of the 4 games in that series, it really wasn't close. You can literally count the number of minutes Washington held a lead in the entire series on two hands and no matter what anyone says- in my eyes when you beat a team 4-0 or 4-1, it's pretty much domination. If the games are close you find a way to win them all. If you can keep a team from winning a game out of 7, it's pretty damn good no matter how you slice it. I admit I would've been dissapointed if we had lost even 1 game to the Wizards but we didn't.

If you look soley at box scores, Detroits margin of victory over Orlando in the first round is hardly different from Cleveland's over Washington (Detroit also has one game that they won in double digits). However, just looking at the fact that the Pistons won 4-0, I wouldn't discredit them for it.

I know it doesn't have anything to do with being a Pistons fan, you're entitled to your opinion- and not only that it's the POPULAR opinion because NOBODY is giving the Cavs even a remote chance to beat the Pistons (other than Bill Simmons in his page 2 column the other day). So I wouldn't call bias for thinking the Pistons will eliminate the Cavs because it's practically a given if you ask the average NBA fan.

I predicted the Pistons would beat the Bulls in 7 (still not out of the question). I'd rather see the Bulls than Detroit but feel like we can beat either of the two.

Pump the brakes... I never acted like we were gonna "put a whoopin" on the Pistons. I just said I think we can beat them in 6 games- but I don't think it would be "easy" at all.

The reason why the Bulls have had or held onto a 20 point lead in the last 3 games: they're making jumpshots.

The Bulls drive-and-kick mentality means they live and die by their jumpshot. They really don't have a plan B. They don't have any inside scoring, which is why Ben Wallace was leading them in scoring in the first half of game 2- nobody could hit their jumpers.

The biggest differences between us and the Bulls is the inside scoring ability and also the superstar factor. Ben Gordon played well tonight but they still don't have that LeBron James caliber player that is capable of taking over a game at will- and in a league that is so often determined by how well your superstar plays... it helps to have one. Although teams like the Pistons and Bulls have proven you can be successful without.

I didn't pick the Cavs to win last year- I know you saw me making posts saying the Cavs were going to sweep them, but come on. REALISTICALLY I had already posted a prediction that had Detroit winning in 5 games. It went longer, but I wasn't too surprised or pissed that we lost.
    test
  9. G-Rob da great

Last year when the Cavs got manhandled in game 7, it was easy to see why: they triple teamed LeBron and NOBODY else could do anything.

Last year we had Flip Murray doing nothing when the playoffs hit (he's on the other side this time around), and Larry Hughes was banged up all year and then hit with the loss of his brother during the second round. Sasha got no playing time at all and Z was virtually non-existant.

I was listening to the radio the other day and a guy called in and said "man, if they triple team LeBron this year they're gonna get burnt"... I wouldn't say "burnt", but I definitely think more guys are ready to knock down shots than we had last year. LeBron and Hughes may get 45-50 but I think we have those third scorers (Sasha, Drew and Z) that are capable of adding in another 10-15 apiece.

Our defense has improved vastly and on the boards we are still among league elite (I believe we lead in offensive rebounding but I may be wrong on that).

I've been saying the Cavs were the best team in the east since Ben Wallace signed with Chicago. The Pistons signing Chris Webber made them better than they were at the time- and people proclaim them better than they were with Ben because what Webber lacks in defense he makes up with offense, but I disagree. Not only did the Pistons not nesscarily NEED scoring from that position- but is Webber even giving it to them? Ben Wallace himself might be outscoring Webber in this series lol.

I don't think we're going to molliwop the Pistons, but I do think we will beat them. Guess we'll find out in a couple days (that's if the Bulls don't wind up making NBA history).
    test
  10. MC propaganda

I don't think the pistons are better this year then they were in 2003 or anything with webber, but i definately think we're better this year than we were with ben last year, thats because ben didnt wanna play for flip saunders, and didnt wanna change to a more offensive style of game because it didnt suit him. It suits webber. and does webber even give it to us? hell yea, he dropped 22 the other night on the bulls, and before this series hes usually a consistent 5-10 or better, which is really all we need at the position, consistency, not to mention as far as passing and assists go, he blows ben away. Not saying we dont miss ben, but webbers definately more fit for the type of style saunders is running. Not to mention, hes not gonna go 2-19,000 at the line, no more hack a ben when teams are losing.

LOL@bulls coming back to make history though, that one was funny, had they won their games are different times no one would even be talking about them right now :p, i predicted the pistons to win in 6, game 6 is tomorrow. Bulls beating any team let alone the pistons 4 times in a row isnt going to happen, not only is the 0-81 record against them, but they gotta win at home, and come back to beat the pistons on their home floor a second time to make the ••h game in a row of beating them, i wouldnt get too hyped up there. I like pistons in 6 in this one and ECF in no more than 6.

I like when people doubt the pistons though, thats when they actually play ball and get shit done, they're predicted to go to the finals this year, but no ones counting them in to win anything.

When they get complacent, like they did this series after winning the bulls the first 3, they play like dog shit. Not to mention flip saunders once again doesnt help anything by putting 3-4 subs in who cant score more than 10 points combined together away from mcdyess
    test
  11. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

^ We beat the Heat 4 straight, dick face. If we hadn't choked away game 3, the series would be ours.
    test
  12. MC propaganda

Sounds like a bitter bulls fan to me, save the boo hoo.

if you didnt choke away game 3, if we didnt choke away game 4, if you went back in time and got michael jordan in his prime, forget the if's.

Didnt happen.

Btw, id appreciate it in advance, if you didnt refer to me by the pet name your father has for your skank mother during oral. Thx :)
    test
  13. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

How did you choke away game 4?
    test
  14. MC propaganda

By coming out bored after beating the bulls and playing like we were playing the orlando magic all over again, by getting complacent after we kicked the bulls ass 3 times in a row just like we're known to do from time to time.

Thats how we choked away game 4, did you get a sign from the pistons they even wanted to win game 4? Thats how we choked away game 4. Not to mention we once again cut down the HUGE lead to 7 after the starters finally got put back in the game after an hour of sub play, you guys were another posession or two from making a game out of it once again. Game 5 probably isnt too much different in the complacent department, thats the one pistons glitch in the team, has been for years, anyone who watches basketball knows it, they get complacent. When they're energized and ready to actually play, bulls wont and dont win a game.
    test
  15. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

If you had re-captured the lead, I'd agree. The Bulls CHOKED game 3, the Pistons just came up short in game 4, be it because of complacency or not. The series will be tied.
    test
  16. MC propaganda

U mad? boo hoo?

If the pistons didnt "come up short" by a margin game 4, ud have been swept like the magic :p, that has a better ring to it to me.

and as far as the series going to be tied, i'll let your fantasy play with that scene. All i know is by the time its all said and done whatever the number of the series will be, pistons will be in the finals. you heard it here first :)
    test
  17. G-Rob da great

I could've SWORE I responded to this already but I guess not...

Anyway, the only reason I made the "Bulls making history" comment was because the series isn't over yet. I was talking about a future matchup and the Cavs and Pistons still have business to take care of in order to meet each other.

I still think the Pistons will win in 7 like I did before the series started.
    test
  18. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

well larry hughes is a piece of crap as showed tonight. lebron is a idiot who doesn't know when to shoot the fucking ball and our coach is a jackass. cavs in 6 over the nets and pistons in 6 over the bulls. cavs over pistons in 6 is still my prediction but only if lebron shoot more than 14 times a fucking game. there is no way hughes should be shooting the most on our team. makes me sick how they played tonight [sick]
    test
  19. MC propaganda

pistons in 6 you mean :p
    test
  20. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

if lebron don't stop playin like he can't create his own shot the pistons not gonna have to worry bout the cavs.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.