Destiny's Child foolishly lauds 'soldiers'

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by Hpnotiq, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ¤phreeknomenal¤

¤phreeknomenal¤ here I cum to save da day

I like the song... I get in the club, DJ plays the song, and the chicks go "WAAAAAAA!" wave they hands and start shakin ass! Whats wrong with that? So what, Beyonce fucked a rapper and got some literal hood 'in' her. Let her sing about whatever type of thug, gangsta, or dealer she wants. Shes making money... not on a conquest to make thugs look appealing. Dont see a point in blasting them because they seemed "virginal" two years ago, and now they only want soldiers. R. Kelly put out one of the best fuck CDs (TP2.com) and threw a gospel track on it at the end! Saw a new TRU video that had Lil Romeo rockin a grill, like having his own house at 12 was sooo gangsta... B2K crip walkin like thats wassup!!! Let the bitches sing.....
    test
  2. Anjel

Anjel New Member

when the song first came out i was down for it but shit ive dated the damn hood and all their soldiers and i want better , i think they could of came up with a much better song.
    test
  3. X sample

X sample New Member

damn gurl!
    test
  4. Blankk Page

Blankk Page New Member

They deserve an award for sonnage.
    test
  5. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

See, this is what I hate... it's NOT growth... it's capitalism of a played trend... and they are not expressing "their people"... they are expressing a caricature.
    test
  6. TheNotoryousOne

TheNotoryousOne Grown Ass Man

[funny] Good shit.

I think I know what you're trying to say, but that didn't come out quite right.
    test
  7. Chokolate

Chokolate Melts N Ya Mouth

I agree...there are plenty of hood brothers that good men...I like it the song but I guess I don't take the song as serious as some do.
    test
  8. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

I think it's hard to receive because DC's always been a bit more substantive with their material. The swift turnaround is difficulty for me to swallow anyway.

And while the concept is certainly nothing new...
    Celebrating it is ridiculous.
    test
  9. R-Tistic 310

R-Tistic 310 Str8 West Coast

I pretty much agree with everything they say. To those who say "it isn't that serious, it's just a fun song, they are just singin about what they like, it's as bad as 99.9% of everything else out there" don't realize the negative effects that songs like this have, especially with the younger crowd. It's bad when 20+ girls sing about wantin this, but we all know 14 year old girls will damn near believe anything their favorite artists say and try to emulate them, and in return, the 14 year old dudes will think they have to be soldiers to get girls. If you ask me, it's been like this for the last 10 years, but other than "I need a roughneck" it hasn't been many songs done by females that glorified thugs like this.
    test
  10. SuB zer0

SuB zer0 A.D.R.I.A.N.N.A

it's not that serious
    test
  11. *DowntownStar*

*DowntownStar* ____________________

i never took it that seriously. i ignore mainstream R&B acts who have nothing to say.

jay z is not and never has been a soldier. if be really wanted a soldier like that she'd be with freddie foxxx. girls who want soldiers usually hate 'good boys' and her dad is the EPITOME of a bougie (some would say whitewashed) good boy. beyonce is lying through her teeth all the way through the song. she doesn't want a soldier. she wants a sugar daddy and a sugar husband.

the other two in that group are tagalongs. nuff said about them.
    test
  12. Ixtlan

test
  13. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

It's capitalism plain and simple... formulaic product... and Beyonce would be too scared and too high maintenance to be with Freddie Foxxx... Jay is "safe," plus he loves caking women... so that's right up her alley.
    test
  14. Ixtlan

*Laughing*

I'm sure Jay's taking care of her taste in the finer things, but I'm pretty sure he's delivering some pretty hefty stiffage in return.
    test
  15. Jamaican Prince

Jamaican Prince New Member

These surburban girls can't handle soldiers
    test
  16. TheNotoryousOne

TheNotoryousOne Grown Ass Man

[funny] Funny, but true.
    test
  17. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

I hate that song. I always listen to the lyrics in song. Some people just like songs b/c they "sound good".

I can't really stand Destiny's Child in general tho. The make their little independent women songs and then sing about how they need a soldier and want to "cater to their man"

At least be consistant on the message you're trying to send...come on now
    test
  18. DisTinCT_84

DisTinCT_84 Tha RiPPeR

hahaha i find it funny ppl dont give a shit about rap songs that talk about shootin copz but when an r&b group talks about thug shit they get criticism like crazy

free speech damn let em say what they want

unless u wanna censure everything
    test
  19. AHMGP

AHMGP Cum & Get It

I so agree with u
    test
  20. yea, this didnt sit right with me when I heard it either..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.