Demi's UFC 145: JONES VS EVANS Review

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

i!Salary-Time!i

Fighter Pay:
    [​IMG]

Champ Jon Jones: $400,000
    def. Rashad Evans: $300,000
    Rory MacDonald: $36,000
    def. Che Mills: $8,000
    Ben Rothwell: $104,000
    def. Brendan Schaub: $14,000
    Michael McDonald: $16,000
    def. Miguel Torres: $32,000
    Eddie Yagin: $12,000
    def. Mark Hominick: $17,000
    Mark Bocek: $46,000
    def. John Alessio: $10,000
    Travis Browne: $24,000
    def. Chad Griggs: $27,000
    Honestly I'm surprised Rashad and Jones get paid so evenly. Obviously the next time Jon goes in to sign a contract he is getting a helluva raise, but him and Evans are on an equal stature $$$ wise as of now.

Che Mills looked in great shape...But that was all, I'm almost interested to see if he is actually good; Rothwell making over 100g's is surprising to me, though half of it was his win bonus, and they were probably hoping Schaub would pull it out :p.

Bocek pulled a pretty paycheck for a small-time kid out of Toronto that now made it big. I don't think to much people follow him to hard (myself included) but just under 50 grand must of been nice.

I think the worst pay was probably Chadd Griggs; 27, 000 really? Without winning he earned that, which leads me to believe they thought he could knock some heads. Come on I must not of been the only one to see those Mutton Chops were no good!
    test
  2. DogMeat

DogMeat New Member

lol at yamasaki, yeah surprising griggs made that much for his ufc debut especially since he lost
    test
  3. LungZzZ

agreed.
    :winning:
    test
  4. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

whats up with yagin and mcdonald making so little after winning.

how is bocek so highly paid?
    test
  5. LungZzZ

How could you wonder whats up with Mcdonald's paycheck but not like Bocek's? Micheal is a young gun...REALLY young, 21! Only had 4 fights in the UFC so far, and judging by his performance during 145, when he resigns he will be getting a pay increase :p. :COD:

Eddie Yagin hasn't fought in anything other then side promotions the last couple years; lost his octagon debut, and recently won a close 1 with Mark (Hominick). He wasn't coming in on a 5 fight win streak or anything like that. :biggrin:

Bocek is a 30 year old MMA Veteran of the Lightweight division. He has only 4 losses (all coming in the UFC) and only 1 is to a fighter who hasn't held the belt or fought for the contender-ship (Mac Danzig). He has 7 wins inside the Octagon, and has went on 2 and 3 fight win streaks, never more then 1 loss at a time. I think he earned his pay as he is only contracted to make 23, 000. HE himself has to EARN that 46, 000 by winning. 5 Years in the UFC does that.
    test
  6. LungZzZ

GIFs

Jones vs Evans
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the GREEZY Knee that setup Griggs fate...
    [​IMG]
    :surf:...
    test
  7. LungZzZ

UNRELATED: Jon Jones brother gets drafted FIRST ROUND to the Patriots.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.