Deltron 3030 - Event 2

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by snowy, Sep 29, 2013.

1. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

[​IMG]

TRACKLIST:
    01. Stardate feat. Joseph Gordon Levitt
    02. The Return
    03. Pay The Price
    04. Nobody Can feat. Aaron Bruno
    05. Lawnchair Quarterback Part 1 feat. David Cross & Amber Tamblyn
    06. Melding Of The Minds feat. Zack De La Rocha
    07. The Agony feat. Mary Elizabeth Winstead
    08. Back In The Day feat. The Lonely Island
    09. Talent Supercedes feat. Black Rob
    10. Look Across The Sky feat. Mary Elizabeth Winstead
    11. The Future Of Food feat. David Chang
    12. What Is This Loneliness feat. Damon Albarn & Casual
    13. My Only Love feat. Emily Wells
    14. Lawnchair Quarterback Part 2 feat. David Cross & Amber Tamblyn
    15. City Rising From The Ashes feat. Mike Patton
    16. Do You Remember feat. Jamie Cullum

Deltron 3030 is composed of a trinity of alt-rap all-stars: Master lyricist Del Tha Funkee Homosapien, superproducer Dan 'The Automator' Nakamura and virtuoso turntablist DJ Kid Koala. Individually, they stand at the top of their respective musical disciplines; together, on the eponymous Deltron 3030, they warped space, bent time, transcended genres and blew minds, creating an album that still stands today as one of the most important records in the annals of underground hiphop.

Now, over a decade later, they're finally releasing the long-awaited follow-up to their debut an album titled Deltron 3030: Event II. "This time, the album has a specific story," says Del. "The Deltron world has gone too far with technology. Everything's destroyed, and you just see the remnants of our technology. The streets are run by criminals, the police are outnumbered and outgunned, and we're like pirates, running rogue, doing what we do to survive. That's the scene of it. We're trying to be as literary as possible while dealing with a musical format. I don't know if you could even categorize this as a hip hop album - it's more like a rock opera, but using rap."

He notes that the words, music and narrative have been deliberately chosen to put listeners into a specific emotional state. "This record took 13 years, and the whole time fans are telling us we better come out with Deltron right now - quit teasing me," laughs Del. "Well, this is beyond a regular album. Because I would say, me, Dan and Koala, we aren't limited by what other rap groups do - we're musicians first. I studied music theory for ten years. Dan and Koala been learning music since they were kids. We're bringing it all together here, everything, and the fans, the critics, they all going to be surprised by what we got. You'll see."

Download

Buy
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

I can't see the vid because of my country. Damn.
    test
  3. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

I just busted a nut.

Sent from Tapatalk 2
    test
  4. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I'm wary of all those guests... I hate when sequels are cluttered and bloated affairs... but we'll see.
    test
  5. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

I just heard that song with Mike Patton. And that dude is not on the song, probably behind the hook or some shit but not really. It reminds me of that song by K Dot featuring RZA, were RZA only says two words, it's like WTF? If an artist only says a couple of words or you can barely hear them it's not a real feature. I guess it's just to attract people then, what's good because more people should hear Deltron, song's dope, production is dope, Del is dope in every way a rapper could be dope.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test