Delta 44, 66, or Omni?!?! The choices

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by FlipHatnAdidas, Aug 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlipHatnAdidas

FlipHatnAdidas Emo+Hiphop=EscapeThruEast

What's the word?

I have just recently purchased a nicely built custom computer except for one part... the soundcard..lol. The Audigy sound card from what I hear is not what I am looking for considering that I want the best quality I can get for computer recording and mixing. The question that I have been asking myself is "What Delta sound card is the best buy for me?" Spending time researching the delta series, I have narrowed my selection down to the delta 44, 66, and Omni studio card. Could I have some worthy opinions on the delta cards?

I'd appreciate it.

ADK
    test
  2. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

The Delta 66 is the Delta 44 with a 2 channel SPDIF in/out on the soundcard itself (not the breakout box). Unless your doing digital transfers, then the Delta 66 is worthless.

My problem with the Omni is that it's an external soundcard that triples as a preamp and an aux mixer. But I can't blame it too hard, however. The 99 LIVEZ album I mastered, he used a AKG 2000B and this Omni Studio and it came out rather nice.

If your on a budget, one condenser mic and one Omni will get you going in the right direction.
    test
  3. Ray Digga

Ray Digga NeosulOSkoolAbstrkHipHop

start with delta 44

upgrade to delta 66/1010 once you get more high end equipment

I had a delta for 2 years, no problems

make sure you update your drivers...

Digga
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.