definition of one bar

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Mossimo, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mossimo

Mossimo New Member

yo can someone tell me wut the equivalent to one bar is a beat..
    and how can u hit it i see rappers write longer lines and shorter lines shouldn't it all be even when hitting the beat?? so u have the amount of bars correct..

and is there a special way of writing to a beat do u have to count the bars in the beat??

ex.
    cuban link ]
    Yo ladi-dadi, mami, I love to party
    Plus I always cause trouble when I guzzle bacardi
    Got the hotties sippin rum, maseratis with the stumps
    Music bumpin out the trunk. everybody’s gettin drunk
    From the bronx, settin, lettin it all out
    No doubt, toast your coast
    Reppin the east, west, north, south
    Now it’s all about the terror squad, ghetto superstars
    Extra-large players like kareem abdul jabbar
    Word to god, pun, my crew won’t give a fuck who you are
    We do our job like we part of the mob, shoot up the bar
    Cuban the don daddy like john gotti
    I brung a long shotie for the chump bodies
    If it’s on it’s on, mami

^^is this 14 bars..
    and wuts wit the longer and shorter, and rhymes diff, is that structure and rhyme skeme..

someone help..
    test
  2. Loced-Out

Loced-Out LoCed-Out aKa L-O

1 Bar in audio is a line. the reason why sometimes ones shorter then the other. cuz it matters how u spittin. Slow tempo will make the line shorter, medium tempo make it even, and fast tempo it spittin it fast. so if u think about it and ur listenin to a song. when the guy spits a short 1 bar line. its mot the time pretty slow and the 2nd one that comes in long he speeds up the speed a little. thats how i see it cuz i do it. iunno its hard to explain.
    test
  3. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

Assuming the beat is in 4/4 time signature - a bar is 4 beats (or as someone else said - 4 head nods...lol).

...kinda pointless to try to count bars when you're just posting text. Post a loop of the instrumental - and then ask someone to count the bars for you. After 20 people make fun of you, someone will finally step in to help.

...and if you hit the same beat with your rhymes each time - you'll sound boring. Very 80's...
    test
  4. meiosis

meiosis New Member

i aint been doin audio that long...but i cant help but hit the snares with all my rhymes...its naturally how it works for me...i cant force myself of them.
    test
  5. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

So if you tried to rap over a song like "Amerie - One Thing" - I bet you'd be confused as fuck. Snares all over the place.

...or Kanye West - Kanyes Work Out Plan (or "Work it out" or whatever it's called)...I don't hear a consistant(sp) snare. Especially the funky bit towards the end when he starts the claps.
    test
  6. meiosis

meiosis New Member

yeah i would...cant rhyme over something confusing...not yet anyway. but i listen to some missing snares on beats i would naturally hit them on, and i cant work out how to do it.
    test
  7. Busta

Busta New Member

just count 1 .... 2 .... 3 and 4 in time with the beat ...every 4 is a bar.

nod your head ... tap your foot .....every 4th one is the bar.
    test
  8. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

depends on the beat. most often the beat will be 4/4 counts which means 4 beats ber bar. if the beat is 3/4 it would be 3 counts per par. and if it were 2/8 it would be 2 counts per bar. the bottom number is the value of a whole note but that really aint important since we just wanna know the length of a bar. if u were writtin instrumental music u would need both tho
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.