"Definition Of Another Definition Itself, Elegance" By Alex Hornby aka TuNed RooT

Discussion in 'Poetry Realm' started by TuNed RooT, Jun 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TuNed RooT

TuNed RooT Love is introduction ..

Definition Of Another Definition Itself, Elegance
    By Alex Hornby aka TuNed RooT

This Angelic Grin Of Auroral Beauty And Eminent Bliss.
    This Priceless Laughter Carved Allurement And Focus,
    Towards The Lucid Lips In Which I'll Never Forget.
    This Voice Of Language Rich With Filled Comfortable Meanings.
    Appealing Legs,
    Delicate, As So Divine With A Simple Appearance Such Like A Poetic Page.
    Hand Gestured Movements Fall As Leaves,
    Swift Drifts Of Resembling Snowflakes Through Skies,
    Pronouncing The Definition Of Wind.
    Sunshine's Await Her Presence,
    Such As Summer Awaits Shorts And Sleeves.
    These Are Some Reasons Her Actions Resemble The Four Seasons.
    Sweet Resees Rhythm Of Her Vibe Hits A Nerve Within My Soul.
    Leaving Me A Liquid And Ready To Fold Under No Control.
    As For The Intellect,
    Respect,
    And All Of The Rest Of Her Flamboyant Traits.
    They Have Already Attached To Begin Following In My Brain's Footsteps,
    Through When I Will Walk And Had Walked,
    Through When I Will Dream And Had Dreamed,
    Through When I Will Sleep And Had Slept.​
    test
  2. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

This was alright. Seemed like more flash than substance. Written to sound good more than meaning anything. Not that there's anything really wrong with that. Seemed like the kind of thing you'd write to impress a girl. But for what it was, it was good. Definitely the kind of thing I would've written a couple years ago.

two things that have nothing to do with the poem, but have been bothering me:
    1. Putting "by Alex Hornby aka TuNed RooT" at the end of every title just doesn't sit well with me. Seems kind of pretentious. We know who you are. You're the one posting the piece.
    2. "knowledge speaks louder than actions" - knowledge doesn't speak at all without actions. knowledge without action is knowledge being wasted. i see what you were going for, but i just don't think it makes any sense.
    test
  3. TuNed RooT

I respect your opinion, but don't get on me for how I post my titles? It doesn't really matter, I don't get on anyone else who posts such titles as, "drunk as fuck -- one of the worst pieces". So, give me a break and let me do what I need to do.

As for my quote, I meant action as in violence, although some violence that you may go through gains knowledge. Although, overall, I meant Education is more important than Violence or Mental beats Physical power, etc. Just what I believe.

Thanks for your opinions, and no I don't try to just "impress" the female. I'm explaining how I feel more than to "impress" anyone with large word choice or anything such as that. I'm doing it for me and only for me to unleash the feelings I have for my boo.

Your explanations..
    test
  4. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

I wasn't trying to "get on you" about it. I've told people who put stuff like "deep ish" or who use the whole "keystyle" excuse for posting sub-par work how I felt about that too. Just stating an opinion, do with it what you will. If something bothers me, I'm gonna say something. That's how I am. As for the quote, it seemed like you were flipping the whole "actions speak louder than words", which I've always taken as meaning that doing will get you farther than just talking about it. So I took action in the same sense as the original. Seemed like the logical route. I didn't say you wrote it to impress a girl, I said it was the kind of piece you'd write to impress a girl. Just the vibe I got from it. Don't get me wrong, I liked it. I was just offering some constructive criticism. People still want that, right?
    test
  5. augee.ali

augee.ali Lively Up Yourself...

Check it out Nephew...I agree with dude to an extent...I see a little "flash" here but it's all good. I don't think you went over the top with it. There was a couple of spots where it threw me a little, but I got back on track. You have crazy potential, and you're very skilled. I'm interested to see how versatile you are. I wanna see something from you that's written just as if you were talking to one of your homeboys/homegirls. My only "complaint" in your writing is that you just need to loosen up in your writing. That's just MY opinion.
    test
  6. lpoet

lpoet POET

hmm

i reallyl enjoy the way you put your pieces together...seems like a lot of thought goes into them...i think this is a beautifull piece although i dont think it had the substance of the other pieces i have read from you....flow was on point.......keep doing ya thang...really enjoy your work...UP
    test
  7. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

The substance is here, but it's different. It's full of imagery of those things left unperceived, like why summer comes as if heralded by shorts and sleves. I thought it was pretty good.

Pretty damn good.

What I want to know is what influences do you all draw on when you write? What first provoked your redifinitions of yourselves as "writers" and/or "poets".

You ask an emcee, he may say "Low End Theory by Tribe Called Quest made me realize what I wanted to do/be"

What was it for most of you with poetry?
    test
  8. TuNed RooT

What inspired me as an intellectual, topical Emcee would have to be Talib Kweli and Mos Def (Black Star), who did "Definition". That track pursuaded me to become more of an indepth and triumphant Hip/Hop Artist for myself and for others who may listen to me. To them, I forever am grateful.

As for Poetry, I must say Saul Williams or Mariahadessa Ekere Tallie. Ekere Tallie's piece "Patriotism in Six Parts" was what influenced me to write of Society, well actually, just to begin writing Poetry, period.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.