Def Poetry Jam Last Night!! Blazzin!!

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by MISSKEYdaQUEEN, Mar 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

The poets featured there were the following:

Black Ice: This black man's poetry is str8 in your face. His delivery was street based with foundations of both frustration and strength. He made you feel his words. He gave you no choice!

Mayda Del Valle- Latina REPRESENTED. Small brickhouse fram which could possibly be mistaken for just a pretty face...but her words are passionate and sexy. And her pride for all her cultural backgrounds was very apparent!

Flaco Navaja- This slim tall latin male surprised me with his wit and reminescent type of poetry. He makes you think, laugh,....think again....and you are left with just a good feeling when he has blessed you with his insitefull pieces.

Georgia Me- This full figured lovely black woman I have seen on Def Poets numerous times. Her sophistication and clear cut delivery just have you thinking...WHOA. Her words also demand recognition and her presence is just....REMARKABLE

Suheir Hammad- This slim Arabic soft spoken woman makes you smile with her deep words. They held a lot of political undertones and emphasized the importance of equality and freedom. And although soft spoken, her emotions spills from her lips in such a powerful way!

Lemon- OK.....Now I'm not sure what ethnic background this fair skinned B-Boy is but man. He just brought soooo much fire and energy all you could do was hold yourself down in your seat. His talent is so authentic and even though his issues were serious, you could tell this dude was having fun! Poetry is in him! It is him!

Shihan- This black brother had a very classical..yet...edgy delivery in my opinion. But his topics and performance where very unorthodox. It was like he needed to give youa piece of him wether you wanted it or not...And you know you wanted it.

Man...I am so blessed to have witnessed these artists last night! Remember these names. They, like us, are poetry. Respect!!
    test
  2. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

Black Ice and Lemon are tight. They need to go ahead and bring this shit to memphis or nashville man.
    test
  3. MisterEThoughts

MisterEThoughts MysteryOfUntoldTruth

yea i watch def poetry every wed on hbo zone love this show i actually record it so i can watch it again later peaceeee
    test
  4. Anaphora

Anaphora was here

really? I remember that episode roughly from last fall... and I remember not thinking much of black ice or lemon... one of them was about prison right? lemon I think... but, I also remember being stoked to see Talib Kweli, and being disappointed...

There's a guy name Mark Gonzales from LA, who travels around sometimes, who is just fucking amazing. I saw him a couple months ago going around with the OC Big Damn Poetry SLAM team... if you ever get a chance to hear him, or see him, do it.
    test
  5. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.