Dear Ignorant,

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Brit Boi Gee, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brit Boi Gee

Brit Boi Gee raison d'être

Browsing RM after some time of absence I see that you still never fail to make any kind of thread without mentioning my name; even when I am not here to defend myself. So here I am. Why don't you get over yourself and just accept that you aren't as clever as you seem to think you are?

Funny how you call me the female-apologist (and wuss) when you are the one sniffling around here 24/7 expressing concern over the dilemma of women feeling insecure over a bad-hair day. You avoid The Alley because you would die in a landslide - and your feelings couldn't stand the rejection of not being respected as a contributor over there. Instead, you try to live in the glory days of when you actually were respected around here - but truth is nobody knew who the fuck you were back then either.

All I've ever done in the past in the Ladies Lounge is express some pretty standard feminist views on some topics. Nothing extreme, just along similar lines as the rationale of John Stuart Mill. But you have endlessly tried to twist my relatively moderate views into placing women on some kid of elevated platform. I can never win against such fallible logic.

You see everything regarding 'gender' in some kind of hopeless dichotomy. I appreciate that you have some kind of deep interest or obsession with gender studies (far more than I do), but you actually need to realise that your own thoughts on feminism in a vacuum just come across as unsystematic and slipshod. Just don't expect to be taken seriously until you can speak on Wollstonecraft, Millet, Beauvoir, Hooks and Greer and the abundance of others who have added to the canon of feminist criticism.

And let the fucking Tight-Eyes thing go. We just happened to agree with each other on a bunch of topics. You got all hurt when you couldn't see why she felt she was banging her ahead against a brick wall by just simply having a conversation with you. Everyone could see it but you. And you decided that the only way you could win at that point was to make me into the emblem of a female apologist as a reason for why anyone would agree with me over anything.
    test
  2. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Oh boy...this oddly has a feeling of two victorian gentlemen about to have a duel.

:scared:
    test
  3. Brit Boi Gee

I think I would have enjoyed living in the Victorian period; I could have written long tangential letters to my friends who would have received them and replied back with their own musings. I could have signed off with 'And until we meet again, I remain affectionately yours...'
    test
  4. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Not to mention being able to dabble with arts of cultured sarcasm and public humiliation whilst attaining a sophisticated degree of reservation, such as: "You foul erchin, I shalt smite you firmly with my best!" "...and further more have at thee to defend my honour for the shame thy hast bestowed!"

Victorian England was a complex world that gave us some of the best fruits of their times.

For me, it's the Victorian architecture, that leaves me most impressed, although it remains an era that has seen it all, victorious growth, the biggest rise and steep fall, which to this very day is firmly anchored in our time.
    test
  5. Brit Boi Gee

Yes, I am all for it apart from the tuberculosis and all that Victorian-world bettering that went on, such as the high purpose of art becoming the ability to convey moral or sentimental messages and the public's violent rejection of the Aesthetes.

The Neoclassical architecture of the period was beautiful. Ideally I would like to live from 1818-1825, and spend some time in the atmosphere of a world crossing over from Romanticism, and then skip to 1836 to experience the reception of evolutionary theory. After that, I'd visit to the Bloomsbury Group with the likes of Katherine Mansfield and T.S. Eliot, and then sail west to throw dice with Poe. Then I'd skip straight to the time of the Decadent movement and sit in on Wilde's trial.
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I wouldnt have liked to live in victorian times becsuse every sentence is drawn out and way longer than it needs to be.. Id get impatient and go around killing.

I coulda been infamous
    test
  7. Brit Boi Gee

It can be - but keeping everything terse is overrated also, especially at the rate we tend to squander the use of language in the modern age. Brevity is a great thing; short sharp bursts for a fast-paced age, but let's not pass off everything elevated as simply superfluous.
    test
  8. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

test
  9. Brit Boi Gee

The village idiot, ladies and gentlemen.
    test
  10. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

test
  11. sagacious infant

sagacious infant reflecting the sun

kiss! kiss! kiss!
    test
  12. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

test
  13. Ignorant