Dear Eminem,

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by HUNDREDGRAND, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vandalism

vandalism the king

MMLP > SSLP > TES >>> Relapse/Encore
    test
  2. AlexKKKeller

AlexKKKeller New Member

...There were no pauses in his flow on Stay Wide Awake?
    Sir, please, re-listen.
    And, how're you going to sit there and act like you know exactly which songs meant something to an artist and which didn't? lmao, woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah there Stanley.
    test
  3. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

what are you talking bout no pauses?..........he not talking bout gaps, just not like em raps now, where he breaths like every 4 bars..........his flow was sloppy back then
    test
  4. vandalism

vandalism the king

back then he had more a real obvious structure to his shit a lot of the time...

word word word word rhyme, pause
    word word word word rhyme, pause

nowadays he got his flow to such a state of complexity that you can't even follow the structure, he'll go for 4 lines without breathing, the rhymes could be anywhere, all the lines run into each other, it feels like it's just one neverending, monotone sentence... he got too clever and complicated for his own good, it's just boring to listen to
    test
  5. HUNDREDGRAND

HUNDREDGRAND New Member

We want Shady!!!

not this "im rappin cuz I have nothin else to do beside cash checks, and wipe my ass" raps....He one of the ones rappin with no soul....Ross rappin with soul cuz when he stop sellin, they taken everything back, Em got a lil money..Ross on the other hand, still tryna get it, Thats why his shit is so bumpin...
    test
  6. AlexKKKeller

AlexKKKeller New Member

test
  7. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

To me that's like the epitome of interesting... Witty Unpredictable... it's like he took the robotic polysyllabic metric beast that 90% of the internet became after him and Pun, and just threw that out the window - became his own thing that you can't emulate by counting syllables and mapping out phonetics on ohhla. It's like freeform multis, and a real unique happy medium between styles like Pun, Jay-Z, Tonedeff, and Nas.

Yeah, it makes it like... less engaging on first listen, but the way I see a style like that, I see it like a master at work where rhyming is easier than breathing at this point in his life - saying things that just happen to rhyme. Natural MC ability almost.

...not say I didn't like the old, rigid and technically quantifiable style Em used to have. He's been slowly moving away from rigid to erratic since SSEP... MMLP was where he started saying "fuck the meter" and syncopating things to a ridiculous extent.

It's got it's pros and cons.
    test
  8. Pace Beats

Pace Beats Doesn't Feed The Trolls

dudes got single lines better then his whole verses now

he could say in one line what now takes him a verse
    test
  9. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

to you its boring, thats opinion. Just cause you like a simple scheme doesnt mean its better

But I would agree I personally like his personal songs more than his Relapse content, but I can still notice talent and skill when I see it.
    test
  10. HUNDREDGRAND

HUNDREDGRAND New Member

talent and skill with no soul....
    test
  11. vandalism

vandalism the king

nah it's just got cons

a simpler structure with well-timed pauses is what makes all the greatest rappers worth listening to, from rakim to jay-z... that's what eminem had back in the day, when he was great. but nowadays eminem's style is closer to Aesop Rock than those niggas. overly complex, hard to follow and boring as fuck
    test
  12. AlexKKKeller

AlexKKKeller New Member

^So, sir, do you have a badge that says "Overlord of Hip-Hop" on it, given to you by the Hip-Hop God, or did you just assume this position with that arrogant human complex you have going on?
    test
  13. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

See, I feel almost all styles... I really study them when I listen, like it's a martial arts form. Kind of a wu habit, the way a person attacks a beat, so I get what you're saying because he DID have a different approach in those days, but...

Royce changed the same way IMO from Rock City to Death Is Certain and on and on in his career... he got more smooth, less structured and less metric. People seem to consider it a change for the better in his case. They don't have the same style, but they both definitely flipped the script on their flows IMO.

I think Method Man has progressed in the opposite way... more structured, and less freedom. If you compare Tical to 4:20 it's like comparing WC to Inspectah Deck in terms of viscosity and rigid form.

I honestly don't think there's an actual reason to like or dislike either one... it's just either we're feelin' it or not.
    test
  14. SpawnYours

SpawnYours Gram •••••••

I didn't like the refill tracks all that much, but they grew on me and Em kills every track.
    test
  15. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

em is still murderous lest we forget the mariah diss track
    test
  16. Wonka

Wonka OTBVA 2v2 Champ

Hey, fucking retards.

You guys are fucking retarded.
    test
  17. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

ReTarded would be a cool name for a Relapse 2 bonus disc.
    test
  18. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

Hey:HappyDance2:
    test
  19. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

I was thinking 'REdundant'.
    test
  20. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

How about he raps about not getting molested?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.