De La Hoya/Mayweather Venue has been Picked

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by ~OMagic~, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

again bring some substance.

gatti didnt bring his heart to the fight with floyd...he had the worst game plan...he tried to out box a boxer? made no freaking sense lol

he was basically a punching bag...everyone thought gatti would put pressure ala roberto duran vs leonard 1 but he fooled everyone and tried to be a technician against the greatest technician of our current time.

stupid move by gatti.
    test
  2. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

agustus was floyds toughest oppponent after castillo even though the fight was stopped it was a bs stoppage.

even floyd said augsustus was confusing to fight.
    test
  3. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

hahahaahah your point has no standing now!

so its about $$$ get outta here we talking about boxing.

so basically floyd jr is equal to roy jr.

both untested and cared about money more then then legacy and pleasing the fans.

both care about not losing
    and both care bout money,.

how will floyd like it if he gets pressured?

floyd sr said his son is the most skilled but he has yet to be in a fight, and that oscar will bring the fight...a fight like floyd has never fought.

floyd sr speaks the truth floyd has yet to be in a fight only then we will see how well he does....if he is the greatest as you claim can he come back from adversity?

roy jones jr didnt do so well when he got cornered into a dogfight by tarver.
    test
  4. dun dun dun dun

dun dun dun dun New Member

Sorry, but heart and game plan aren't related to each other. Gatti tried to outbox Floyd, bad move. But he did have heart in the fight. He kept trying even when it was obvious that he was totally outclassed. Unless you have another definition for heart, then by all means share it.
    test
  5. dun dun dun dun

Augustus? LOL! I watched that fight. Floyd dominated Augustus. It wasn't even close. Floyd struggled much more with Zab and Chavez.
    test
  6. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

I think floyd would get more respect if he fought margarito win lose or draw. his legacy wont be tarnished...thats only for your narcissists who cannot take a loss.

so roberto duran aint a legend?

sugar ray leonard aint a legend?

tommy hearns ainta legend, hagler aint a legend?

please man....floyds legacy doesnt count on his zero i hate repeating it...but it seems you would stop supporting floyd if he got a loss thats a shame....seriously that is sad for real.
    test
  7. dun dun dun dun

I'm talking about Jesus Chavez, the current IBF lightweight champion. Chavez swarmed Mayweather and was successful in landing some clean power shots. But Floyd counterpunched Chavez repeatedly and made him pay. Chavez ran out of gas near the end of the fight and Floyd won by TKO.
    test
  8. dun dun dun dun

You make no sense whatsoever.

Duran's legacy IS tarnished from his first loss to Leonard. Leonard's legacy IS tarnished from the asswhoopings he took from Norris and Camacho. Hearns' legacy IS tarnished from his losses to Leonard and Hagler. I think Hagler's legacy isn't affected that much by his loss to Leonard due to the controversial decision.

Bottom line is they're still legends, but their status would be much better if let's say: Duran finished the Leonard rematch and lost by decision or Leonard retired after the Hagler match or Hearns managed to hold on to the victory over Leonard.

Same with Floyd. He'll still be regarded as a great fighter if he lost to Margarito, but his legacy would have that stain.
    test
  9. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I don't think Floyd is close to being a "Legend" at all. All the fighter's that you mentioned..Leonard, Hagler, Hearns...they ALL fought top notch competition...and even in their loses..they looked resilient. Floyd has only beat one potential better than average fighter in Castillo. Defeating De la hoya isn't going to boost him to legendary status either because he has seriously ducked true competition. There is nothing mysterious about De la Hoya.....besides..he got owned by B-Hop...who is a TRUE boxing legend. I admire that guy.

He had the nerve after the Baldomir fight to talk about retirement....as if he is going to instantly go into the Hall of fame. He hasn't faced the kind of caliber talent that Duran, Hearns, Hagler or Sugar Ray have faced. Dude is no where near Hall of Fame material. He has talent..that's about all I can say at this point..until he faces some real competition. It's the exact reason why Tyson isn't a Hall of fame boxer.....he never beat anybody that was worth anything.

Concerning Mayweather and Jesus Chavez..yes..I didn't see that fight...isn't he the same guy that killed Levander Johnson? I will have to try and find the fight.
    test
  10. ~OMagic~

~OMagic~ Well-Known Member

Stop comparing Floyd Jr in the ring to Roy Jones.
    test
  11. dun dun dun dun

You're obviously another Floyd hater. Can you people just be men and admit that Floyd has faced great competition throughout his career? Castillo is the only better than average fighter Floyd has faced? Are you insane? Castillo is arguably a Top 30 lightweight of all-time! Then there's the future lineal lightweight champion, Diego Corrales, who Floyd dominated. Then future lightweight title holder, Jesus Chavez, who Floyd defeated. Then there's Chicanito Hernandez, who cleaned out the junior lightweight division before Floyd dominated him. And of course, Floyd defeated a former and a current lineal welterweight champion in Zab Judah and Carlos Baldomir. All world class fighters with the exception of Baldomir.

You say Hopkins is a true legend? Who has he ever defeated? A green Glen Johnson, two blown-up welterweights, and a weight-drained Tarver? You can make any fighter's resume look bad.

And let's be real. Floyd, right now, is a first ballot Hall of Famer, as is Tyson. Tyson did face solid competition in his career, but that's a whole new argument.
    test
  12. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Dun dun dun dun, please don't make excuses for Antonio Tarver...he got owned....there is NO explanation for it. Tarver is more overarrated than Floyd. I'm not a Floyd hater...I respect boxers for what they do..but..as a fan...I am going to call it like it is. Floyd has done nothing to prove that he is Hall of Fame material.

Speaking of Hopkins...I won't go through the list of battles that he's been in...but he knocked out De la Hoya with a VICIOUS body shot...had Oscar on the canvas crying...one of the best knockouts ever. Not only that..but he knocked out Tito Trinidad brutally. Beating Zab and Castillo isn't enough to say that you are better than EVERYBODY. Saying that you are the greatest and then declining big money fights isn't proving anything. All I am saying is that he will need to fight ALOT more and stiffer competition to prove himself. He needs to clean out his own division before trying to jump up and face someone in another division. Paul Williams is out there......Cotto is out there...I don't see Mayweather being eager to fight these "hot" welterwights. Yet, he wants to jump up and fight De la Hoya? Right.....that makes alot of sense Floyd.
    test
  13. dun dun dun dun

Tell you what, if you can justify calling Jose Luis Castillo a "potential better than average fighter", then I'll justify why Mayweather has a much better resume than Hopkins. In fact, try justifying how Hernandez, Corrales, Chavez, and Judah aren't above average fighters and I'll explain my views to you. Because right now, you're sprewing out bullshit without a hint of reasoning.
    test
  14. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

^lmao man you know nothing about the fight game...tarnished from losses?

the only guys who are tarnished in boxing is mike tyson and roy jones jr really...they got exposed when competition improved.

duran,hearns, leonard are not tarnished dude....so what they lost its the fight game no one is invincible...the thing that tarnished duran was the no mas incident but he redeemed himself when he came back beating pipino cuevas, and davey moore and then going toe to toe with the bigger man hagler and losing a razor thin decision...the guy used to fight at 118 pounds.

your silly with that tarnished crap as if they are less...lets see you go in the ring bro....your worse then some of these fight analysts...

you the type of dude who would stop following and big upping floyd jr if he lost...me im only critical of floyd to push him harder for better competition...I do not hate the guy i respect his skills...im just critical of his handling.

seriously man stop with that shit you act like everyone is perfect one shot can change anything.

the fight game aint like any other sport bro.

go play a video game where you can compile a 200 and 0 record live in reality bro.

just cause someone losses does not mean they suck.

its how you fought that matters.
    test
  15. dun dun dun dun

See, now you're putting words in my mouth. Please point out where I said losing a fight makes a fighter suck. I understand your arguments now, OMagic was right. You just can't have a mature debate. When someone brings up concise and solid points against you, you either ignore it or change the subject. Yet you try to shape my argument into something I never said in the first place.

Pretty sad.
    test
  16. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

dont refer to your partners in crime! you just got told man but you call me immature?

come on i just told you right there and called you on your fantasy...

like i said got play fightnight and compile a 200 and 0 record...you the type of cat that will get pissed if his game aint perfect even erasing the game because you were 80 and 0 and then finally lost.

lol

your a fake fan bro you would stop following floyd when he loses cause his Record was TARNISHED...admit it thats the only reason you like floyd jr cause he is undefeated...

you probally was a roy jones jr dick rider too.

nuthuggers are too much they always try to defend there champ who never fights top competition they got more excuses then a politician.
    test
  17. dun dun dun dun

See, now you're putting words in my mouth. Please point out where I said losing a fight makes a fighter suck. I understand your arguments now, OMagic was right. You just can't have a mature debate. When someone brings up concise and solid points against you, you either ignore it or change the subject. Yet you try to shape my argument into something I never said in the first place.

Please address what I highlighted in bold before straying off-topic again. Thanks.
    test
  18. ~OMagic~

Vish is retarded man
    test
  19. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

^just like this mofo twists my shit...

when did i compare floyd jr and roy jr "in the ring"

you know damn well what im talking bout.

don't play dumb you dickriders are funny.
    test
  20. ~OMagic~

You said Floyd hand picks his opponents like Roy (Thats in the ring business)

Honestly... yes Floyd cares about money and wants it. Every fuckin boxer does, whether they are man enough to admit it or not. This shit is a profession and who the fuck wouldnt wanna be paid for what they do??
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.