De La Hoya/Mayweather Venue has been Picked

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by ~OMagic~, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~OMagic~

~OMagic~ Well-Known Member

Word Wrecktify, you make a lot of good points. Stick around on this board man, I'd love hearing you talk more with us about boxing.

and yeah Floyd doesnt take too many shots... Zab hit him with a bunch and I was surprised Floyd took them the way he did. Floyd is prolly the only fighter I know where his opponents prolly average landing less than 10 punches a round, shit si ridiculous man.

lol I dont think Carlos had a single 10 punch round and Gatti had like 1.

So basically if ur slow, then dont think about fighting him.

I still believe Shane Mosley has the best chance at him
    test
  2. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Baldamir was was slow and Floyd's handspeed got to him....Baldamir couldn't cut him off because he is a fighter that would rather be stationary and get into a slugfest (hence his destruction of Arturo Gatti). Floyd does not want to get into a slugfest..what smart fighter would want to? Chico Corrales has a weak chin and he looks like a clumsy fighter...he had no business fighting floyd. Yes, Chico chased him down but...that's about all he did. Floyd was lighting him up..I saw that fight.

Concerning Margarito....I haven't seen the Clottey fight yet...I will try to find it though. But, I never said that Magarito was a skilled boxer....he would just test Floyd because Margarito appears to be a "relentless" fighter. There is a difference between being skilled and relentless. He seems as though he'd try to impose his will on Floyd..that's all. Plus, Margarito is a power puncher...I don't think Floyd could eat too many power punches...who could?
    test
  3. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I agree....Shane Mosley is strong....has tremendous handspeed and he is like a little pest that keeps coming and coming.
    test
  4. dun dun dun dun

dun dun dun dun New Member

Margarito isn't that much faster than Baldomir. And Margarito is without a doubt slower than Corrales.

You're right, there is a difference between skilled and relentless. Mayweather shows that you can't just win by being relentless; you need some skill, too. From what I've seen of Margarito, he just doesn't have it.
    test
  5. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

your ignorant bro!

you just proved im not a floyd hater....and my annoyance of floyd has nothing to do with his skill but his level of competition, and as more i think about it he reminds me of jone jr.

i thought you got me on ignore?
    test
  6. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

judah didnt put much of a fight.

larios is a world class champion and he put up a damn good fight against pacman...he fought balls to the wall and went out like a champ.

zab didnt, and baldo was slow as hell...

morales has more cred then baldo, and judah...morales came in shape.
    test
  7. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

hahahahahahah When did PACMAN duck marquez you fooool! now your just hating! big time bro!
    big fucking time! your hating right there.

i already explained about larios he put up a damn good fight bro. unlike gatti or judah he brang it, it aint the size of the dog in the fight its the fight in the dog right? remember floyd was the little man moving up just like pacman so NOW!!!!! you knock a guy for being smalll come on bro you hating hard and digging deep.

I told you many times floyd is the best all around fighter, he is an underachiever, and an arrogant guy....I would wish he just shut up and fight even if he was getting 3 million....thats good enough bro some fightrers only get 10 thousand.

put up or shut up im sick of him always say im the best, if you are then fight them all! even if you getting paid 3-4 million, floyd needs to know he aint what people pay to see.

they want action.

please bro stop with this immature name calling.
    test
  8. dun dun dun dun

You're such a hypocrite. OMagic was right all along. Zab won at LEAST 4 rounds against Floyd. How many opponents can say they accomplished that against Floyd? And he didn't put up much of a fight?

If Larios is a world class champion, then what is Judah? When was the last time Larios was the undisputed champion of his division? When was the last time Larios won a championship outside of 122 lbs? And you have the balls to hint that Larios is a world class champion and Zab isn't?

And Morales was not more credible than Baldomir, unless you're just hyping up El Terrible based on his name. Morales had just lost 3 out of his last 4 fights at the time and anyone with half a brain could tell that he was a shot fighter by the time he faced Raheem. Baldomir was the lineal championship and was undefeated for years with RECENT victories over Judah and Gatti. Now who's the more credible opponent?

I can poke holes through your logic all day. Can you at least concede an argument when it's obvious that you've lost?
    test
  9. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

baldo is a slow ploding guy i thought he would test floyd but not reall he was to slow...

you have to judge a fighter on there fight,,,, and you knock larios larios got more balls then judah...he took pacmans shots and kept coming.

he put up a better fight then baldo so dont say shit.

and margarito as sorry as he is he will hurt floyd he can take 20 of floyds punches in a row and floyd got fragile hands so it will break.

and margo will just clock floyd.

floyd dodging margarito who i admit is not that impressive...but floyd knows its a very risky fight because he knows margo is huge and his reach and pressure and power will hurt floyd.

floyd dodging him for bigger money.

he cares about money not legacy.

oscar has already been beaten what makes him think this will be anyh different if he out points oscar?

he is doing it for money.

if he happens to get by oscar he still wont get respect, till he cleans house, beat hatton, cotto, margarito, and paul williams, and vivian harris.

so he can trully cement his legacy he owes his fans these fights for taking easy fights for so long
    test
  10. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

if margarito just doesnt have it then why didnt floyd fight him if its so eassssyyyy like you think?

margarito is tall! and his arms are long he will catch floyd and eat floys shots all day...thats all he is a walking punching bag with arms but hey if he catches floyd he can hurt him.

if floyd asks for a 20 foot ring then its over he will back pedal all damn day.
    test
  11. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

judah has the skills and tools...but he lacks discipline and he is inconsistent.

larios has put his heart in every fight win lose or draw.

now bring something of substance.
    test
  12. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Yea, it's just like Pernell Whitaker said...Zab starts off really well in his fights...but his inability to MAINTAIN a good performance is what makes him a disappointing fighter. He was VERY dissapointing against Floyd.
    test
  13. dun dun dun dun

I like how you address NONE of my points at all.

So heart is all that matters, right? So I guess Floyd's domination over Gatti means something now by your logic. Gatti puts his heart in every fight, also.

Obviously your logic is flawed again. Any journeyman can have heart, but that doesn't make him anymore credible than a world champion. A credible opponent should have heart, skill, credentials, and whatever other intangibles you might want to add.
    test
  14. dun dun dun dun

VERY disappointing? Explain to me how he was VERY disappointing, as if he was picked to win over Floyd?

Many people were belittling Floyd for selecting Zab as an opponent. Very few gave Zab a chance to win. The result? He confuses and beats Floyd to the punch for the first third of the fight. Floyd's toughest opponent next to Castillo (and you can argue Chavez).

And although Zab is known for losing his concentration during the course of the fight, you give no credit to Floyd from switching to a half-guard to a full-guard and completely adjusting to Zab's style.
    test
  15. dun dun dun dun

Because by fighting De La Hoya, Floyd gets a $10,000,000+ payday and the opportunity to be the next PPV king. Plus, who in America has ever heard of Margarito outside of the true boxing fans?

By fighting Baldomir, Floyd gets paid more money plus he wins the lineal welterweight championship of the world, thus gaining him more leverage in the division and enhancing his legacy further. Do you understand?
    test
  16. ~OMagic~

I said I am close to putting you on ignore.

and no I am not ignorant, those quotes from you are from the summer, before you went on the hate Floyd campaign. Proving you are a hypocrit and a liar

You took off full steam on the hate Floyd campaign after Manny didnt pass him in the P4P rankings.
    test
  17. dun dun dun dun

Yeah, Larios put up a better fight than Baldomir. I guess that really distinguishes the skill level between Floyd and Pacquiao. Floyd can make a welterweight champion look silly. Pacquiao gets into a good fight with a 122 lbs fighter.

I agree that Margarito is a risky fight for Floyd. But I have no doubt Floyd would beat him easily. It's only risky because if Margarito would defeat Mayweather, Mayweather's legacy is badly tarnished beyond repair, and if Mayweather beats Margarito, fans are just going to say "Who?"

And the list of opponents you've named: Hatton's bitched out to 140, Cotto would be a great fight for Mayweather, I've already addressed Margarito, I believe Paul Williams has the best shot to beat Mayweather in 2007, and Vivian Harris isn't on that elite level yet, not sure why you included him in there.
    test
  18. ~OMagic~

I am not hating, I simply gave you an example of what I could do if I wanted to act childish like you.

You see how you fucking ball up in a corner when I claim Manny ducked someone??
    test
  19. ~OMagic~

Vish can't just admit he is wrong, everything would be solved and all good.

I mean I've proved him to be a liar and hypocrit with quotes from his own mouth and I've also proved he is the fanatic/nut hugger with stats but he wont shut up.
    test
  20. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

He was dissapointing in that he couldn't finish Floyd off. Zab is talented but he just can't maintain momentum. With Chavez....Mayweather Jr. never fought Chavez...I think ur talking about Roger Mayweather yea?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.