De La Hoya/Mayweather Venue has been Picked

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by ~OMagic~, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~OMagic~

~OMagic~ Well-Known Member

Shut the fuck up Vish you are a moron, Floyd has only hand picked a few fighters recently.

Bruseles, Corley and Ndou are the only guys he has hand picked... whats that?? 3 out of his 37 total fights.

Wow that is an alarming amount of hand picked fighters.

Why is it that when a guy like Floyd who has been asking to fight the Oscars and Mosleys and Cottos and Hattons for years get no articles written saying guys are ducking him... But the split second a guy like Margarito begs for a fight and Floyd says no dude gets hated by the world.

Fuck outa my face
    test
  2. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

geez you fanatics get so hostile calm down.

because they like to see floyd get a taste of his own medicine...and he asks for too much money.

he aint even super huge it takes time to get that kinda money...look at oscar he wasnt asking for 10 million off the bat when he was younger...he earned it.

and you forget mitchell, judah, gatti, baldomir...all easy fights for him.
    test
  3. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I would like to see Floyd fight AT LEAST two of these fighters before he retires: Miguel Cotto, Paul Williams or Antonio Margarito. Honestly..If I were Floyd and I just wanted to shut my critics up and give the fans more confidence...I would clean out the division by fighting all three of them.

Real champions arn't afraid to clean out an entire division....as messed up as he was...Tyson did it in abt a year and a half. I saw a video of Paul Williams calling out Mayweather...that would be a good fight.

Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW3S164DITk&mode=related&search=
    test
  4. ~OMagic~

Mitchell, Judah, Gatti and Baldomir were not hand picked.

Mitchell was his first fight at that weight, good tune up fight.

Gatti wanted Floyd, not the other way around.

Baldomir was the lineal champion

and the Judah fight was set up before the loss to Carlos
    test
  5. dun dun dun dun

dun dun dun dun New Member

Yet the fighter who you nuthug, Manny Pacquiao, in his last two fights faces a handpicked fighter 2 weight classes above his best and a completely shot Morales. When's he going to step up the competition?
    test
  6. ~OMagic~

Word Dun dun dun dun, I could easily hate on Pacquiao the same way Vish hates on Floyd, but I find it so childish to do so. Dude sounds so bitter when he posts about Floyd.

How about the courageous move Floyd made when he moved up to 135... In his first fight at that weight he went straight for the top dog. He won a close decision and gave Castillo a rematch in which he clearly beat him.
    test
  7. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

^you cant hate on pacquiao because you know damn well he fights who ever they put infront of him.

look who espn got as fighter of the year? pacquiao.

floyd needs to fight some challenges and not care for money...look at jordan he was making millions and then it was about the title when he came back and he got it its about something to prove, when people doubt you prove them wrong right? floyd is like naw fuck em i aint gonna take a chance with my zero.

and why you bringing up that old ass castillo fight...you could bring that up if floyd was floyd back then! when he fought challenges...but that castillo fight changed him ever since then he handpicked opponents.

roy jones jr....and floyd jr, both jrs, both were undefeated, both dodged fighters, both cried over money, and both were arrogant....pride before the fall.

Floyd cares to much about his zero...

lets see how he reacts if an oscar left hook lands on his jaw.
    test
  8. ~OMagic~

Vish you are about to go on the ignore list... whenever dudes have him cornered he just repeats some nonsense that dudes shitted over ike 5 posts ago
    test
  9. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

^you gotta give paul willaims props but is that g leon big upping paul? lol

I like how paul williams is the most avoided mandatory at welterweight.

g.leon is corny.
    test
  10. ~OMagic~

After Floyd beats Oscar you are gonna be like

"Oscar was out of his prime anyways"

Just like before the Baldomir fight you clowns was like "Floyd is finally fighting someone good" ... Floyd spanked him them everyone says Carlos was terrible anyways
    test
  11. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

lol cannot handle the truth?

go ahead and put me on ignore bro...but please you talked non sense when you disrespected ALi and sugar ray leonard and put floyd jr;s name with them thats boxing blasphemy.

lates! bro!!
    test
  12. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

ILOL

I never ever said carlos was good!

I said Floyd would make easy work of carlos and i wasnt gonna order that ppv cause it wouldnt be exciting i knew floyd would just spar with him till 12 rounds.

and if floyd beats oscar in an impressive fashion then ill give him his props...

and you guys were the ones already saying oscar aint a worthy challenge and that oscar was past his prime already and is old and said stuff like why should floyd fight oscar?

now you guys saying he is legit for floyd? make up your minds.

the bottomline is how you gonna feel when a supposedly old washed up oscar beats ya boy?

how you gonna feel.
    test
  13. dun dun dun dun

So that's justification even though for Pacquiao's last two fights, he's fought no one even close to elite?

And oooooooooooh, ESPN fighter of the year? Shit, I guess that's the straw that breaks the camel's back! Pacquiao really must be big-time now that he is ESPN's fighter of the year. Just like last year's winner, Ricky Hatton... wait... or the year before that, Glen Johnson... wait...
    test
  14. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

What is so good about floyd mayweather jr?

who has he fought that is of a challenge?
    test
  15. dun dun dun dun

If you're talking about their last two opponents, Judah and Baldomir completely shit on Larios and Morales. Only a true Pacman nuthugger would even attempt to justify Pacquiao's last 2 opponents.
    test
  16. ~OMagic~

Sugar Ray Leonard HIMSELF compared himself to Floyd... Said Floyd reminds him of himself.

Wow you are a fucking moron... Sugar Ray flat out said like himself Floyd has all the talent in the world and has some arrogance.

If the man himself compares himself to Floyd then why cant I??
    test
  17. ~OMagic~

(1) I repeatedly say that really i cant think of anyone besides maybe Shane Mosely who would really give Floyd a run and that no matter who he fights you haters wont be satisfied cuz really nobody will have a chance.

(2) You are a fucking hypocrit and a liar.

Right here you claim the Baldomir fight was the right fight for Floyd... Then after Floyd dominates him you claim Baldomir was terrible and hand picked.

Right here you state what the odds were on the fight implying you felt Zab was good... But now that you need material to hate Floyd on you claim Zab was bad and hand picked.

And my oh my what do we have here... you big up the hell out of Floyd. But these days you try every chance you get to hate on the man.

Those are your words from your mouth... now you tell me whos the liar and hypocrit.
    test
  18. ~OMagic~

Yeah... Larios is some fucking ass... dude was fighting at 120 then moved all the way to 130 to fight Manny.

Vish you gonna tell me Larios is an good fighter?!?!

and Morales is washed away... hes living off his name alone right now.

and word @ ESPN Fighter of the year... lol just look at who won it before.

I mean, I love Manny Pacquiao and it hurts my heart to be in here saying some things to down him, but I am being forced into doing it because of the shit Vish does.

Always saying Floyd is ducking and hand picking guys.

Why is Pacquiao ducking Marquez??

Marquez woulda won their fight bar those 1st round knock downs
    test
  19. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

It appears to me that the ESPN fighter of the year award is given to a fighter who has more or less ended a washed up fighter's career. Pacquiao silenced a washed up Morales....Hatton finished off Kostya Tszyu and Glencoffe Johnson closed the casket on Roy Jones Jr.

Concerning Mayweather again though...like I said..Mayweather looks good against fighters that don't force the issue. Mayweather seems to shy away from the Castillo types....the fighters who apply constant pressure and fight with heart...and more importantly...a fighter with a strong chin. I think Mayweather is comfortable with a fighter who is not willing to cut the ring off...Baldamir couldnt do it..Judah couldn't.....I can only say Castillo did it to be honest.

This is where a Margarito fight would become interesting though...even though I don't think Margarito is a "boxer" per se...he is moreso a high volume puncher who looks to impose his size and his power punching ability on an opponent. I just don't know how Floyd would handle a fighter like that...Margarito would not let Mayweather orbit around the outside and run around the ring as he typically does. We also haven't seen Mayweather take a clean hard shot...EXCEPT when he was getting clocked by Castillo in the first fight.

It basically comes down to this....Mayweather needs to be tested by a fighter that is both well conditioned and is willing to charge and apply pressure to his opponent. This opponent also needs to be a power puncher who is both aggressive but patient(a Barrera type fighter maybe). Margarito is TOO aggressive and I think he would get caught with something. Mayweather appears to lead with his chin often times but his reflexes make up for that. He backs up with his chin exposed..but..when a fighter swings..its like trying to hit a fly with your hand(too quick). So, this fighter must have superb reflexes and he must be conditioned to chase Floyd for a couple of rounds. Floyd is only effective in the center of the ring....he isn't very good when he is pinned in...so..that's when he should be nailed with body shots. Body shots hurt and they will slow down ANY fighter..including Mayweather. Floyd likes to fight like a hen...circling around his opponents because ALOT of fighters can't match his stamina...he knows this...and that is probably his greatest advantage. But, he is in trouble if he gets with a fighter that can hunt and pin him down. I've never seen De la hoya stalk anyone really..he looks very stationary...I'll have to go watch some more tape...but I think De la Hoya is going to have to work...by work..I mean he will be chasing Floyd around for a while...not sure if De la Hoya is used to that. To be honest..If I was to fight Floyd..I wouldn't chase him for more than 2 or 3 rounds....I'd hunt him down visciously for 2 rounds...get up on the score cards..then Floyd would have no choice but to come after me as a fighter to try to gain points...Floyd will have to be beat psychologically probably...he hasn't experienced true frustration yet...that's when I think he will become exposed because he'll be forced to come out of his element. History has shown that when a fighter tries to fight back into a fight..he usually gets hit with something that he doesn't see. So if someone could get Floyd down by a couple of rounds and turn him into more of an aggressor....it should be a cake walk for a power puncher..or even someone who can land good combinations for the simple fact that some of Floyd's punches are launched off of the wrong foot..especially when he is fleeing...he looks very off-balanced and vulnerable at those instances.

Thats my opinion.
    test
  20. dun dun dun dun

You want to talk about fighters who apply constant pressure other than Castillo? There's Baldomir; like it or not, he's a pressure fighter, it's not Floyd's fault that Baldomir couldn't touch him. There's Corrales, who many picked to knock out Mayweather; we all know the result.

And you think Margarito is going to test Floyd? The same Margarito who was getting his ass kicked by Clottey before a hand injury slowed Clottey down? The same Margarito who has less than exceptional hand speed? The same Margarito who has never proven himself on an elite level in his career?

Sorry, but Margarito doesn't have half the skill Castillo had at 135. When it's all said and done, Castillo will be a Top 30 lightweight of all-time (which is very impressive considering the history of the division). Margarito doesn't have the skill or speed to beat Mayweather.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.