darko milicic

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by the Prince, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the Prince

the Prince New Member

good to see the prospect getting some playing time. he was chosen as the #2 pick for a reason, but larry brown cant develop players so he was left to rot

he is getting the opportunity to learn now in orlando. no he doesnt just chew up minutes (fuck, larry rarely gave him the chance even if the pistons were up by 20) he is in the game when it matters

last 4 games:

26 min - 12 pt (6 of 7), 9 reb (4 off), 2 ast, 2 blk
    24 min - 6 pt, 7 reb, 3 blk
    18 min - 6 pt, 3 reb, 4 blk, 2 stl
    22 min - 8 pt, 5 reb, 2 blk

tonight: 25 min - 8 pt, 10 reb

recognize
    test
  2. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

it's amazing how his field goal percentage has leapt since being under larry brown

i'm with you 100% now... larry brown is overrated, can't develop players, and is only effective when breastfed a contender
    test
  3. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Detriot gave up on him too early.

But with their glut of big men, the Wallace boys, still in their prime - it would have been difficult for him to crack the rotation.

This trade was probably the best thing thats happened for Darko since he got drafted. (well he did net a ring rookie year, but he didn't contribute at all... he broke his hand on the final play to boot)

The Magic might have found the beginnings of great young duo with Howard and Milicic.. plus Fran Vasquez if he ever decides to leave Europe.

Magic with the best core of young big men in the game?

The Mavs also have some talented 7 footers, some Russian guy who is second tallest in the league behind Yao Ming, and some guy from the Congo. Conditioning is a problem with the first, and the others game is still way too raw.
    test
  4. the Prince

the Prince New Member

dont forget jameer nelson in the backcourt, he is talented as fuck
    test
  5. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Man...

I played with that ESPN trader thing..

And traded Rasho Nestorvic for Howard and Nelson.

That would seamlessly transition from Duncan, (who has the chance to win at least 2 more championships) right into Dwight Howard coming of age, plus getting another promising young guard. If that ever happened - the Spurs would win the next 8 championships.
    test
  6. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

The timberwolves old coach couldn't develop him either then?

No.. it's because the Wallaces is an allstar caliber players, he had potential but they didn't quite need him.
    test
  7. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

wow yall act like he went 20 and 10 or something..

doesnt matter how u spin it he was a bad pick.
    test
  8. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

he started shooting a lot better under flip saunders
    test
  9. Iceodu921

in wat 5 mpg?
    test
  10. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

minutes per game.

I picked him up, I knew he'd do good. I dropped Zo for him anyways. I wasn't doing anything with Zo anyways.
    test
  11. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

minutes per game doesn't mean much, ice

it took him 65 attempts to make 17 (2003-04) and 76 attempts to make 25 (2004-05) under larry brown

under flip saunders, it took him only 33 attempts to make that same 17, and 23 attempts to make 15 under brian hill

those are drastic improvements, and it has something to do with the coach letting the player AT LEAST play those minutes, however limited, when the game is secured and even in crucial moments

little things like that boost players' confidence and help them improve
    test
  12. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

i disagree. i've gotten to watch him in all of his games this year cuz i live in Orlando so they play there boring ass games all the time. and duke has some real potential. that duo of Howard and Darko look really promising. plus Darko seems to be good on the offensive end but he's gonna be a force on the defensive end. i think the Magic made a huge improvement by taking him. Plus Arroyo is solid. honestly i'd like to see him take over full Pg position. im not really that sold on Nelson. Arroyo really runs that offense well. he'll get his chance as the number 1 Pg on a team here soon. i'd like to see what he can do with the Magic in 2/3 years.
    test
  13. the Prince

the Prince New Member

how can you not be sold on jameer???

arroyo isnt a scorer and he certainly needs to spend more time learning how to shoot free throws
    test
  14. Destination

Destination Mr. Be Easy

Detroit still have good young prospects. Alex Acker just dropped 28 in 20 mins while Ahmir Johnson had 16 point and 9 boards in 18 mins in the NDL. And Jason Maxiel is probably the closet thing to the second coming of Ben Wallace.
    test
  15. Ur_Boy_Pos

Ur_Boy_Pos New Member

darko has shown solid improvement. he's only 21 or so and is showing flashes of some game. People shouldnt forget it took Jermaine Oneal a while to even show dat he wasnt a liability on offense. if Darko could be a 12 and 10 man next year, dat would create heaven for da Magic.....a front court of 2 guys dat get double doubles on a nightly basis, tons of cap space, grant hill on his last year of his contract to create trading room, not to mention a young guard wit some potential in Nelson. lets alson keep in mind, da Magic will be in da lottery this year.....damn, they got it good. In like 3 years they could be one of da best teams in da nba is talent develops like they hope and free agency lands them a big name. I know y da pistons gave up darko and arroyo, but they might have been able to get more. a solid 7 footer is priceless in da nba.
    test
  16. Iceodu921

i dnt see what u disagree with?

im not saying he wont be good or doesnt have potienal but its impossible for anyone to tell me he was a good pick.
    test
  17. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Im not sold on him yet becuase he hasnt been put in enough pressure situations to prove he can handle them. he's still young and i think he'll be good. dont get me wrong im not slamming him. i think he was a obvious choice over Francis. But i think Arroyo could be better then Nelson. i think he has a better grasp on team ball then Nelson and if the Magic's Big's develop like they should your gonna need more of a Tony Parker then a Gilbert Arenas type PG. thats just my take on it.
    test
  18. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

acutally i do kind of agree with you. what i mean is i think Darko was a bad pick for the Pistons but i do think he's worthy of the place he was takin. get me.

like im saying he's gonna be a really good defender and i think the Pistons were right in thinking he could be a solid young player with tons of upside. but they really didnt need him. then they went out and got Mcdyess (SP) which really made the pick dumb. so actually i agree with you about it being a bad pick.

Bad Pick good player
    test
  19. double ML

double ML Guest

dwight howard is the next great PF
    test
  20. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Agree'd and Darko could be a very good compliment to Howard. also with Darko looking like he's gonna be a good Defender is excellent for Howard. he wont draw the tough big man assinment which will allow the Magic to play both ends of the court with the same intensity. Magic are looking like there gonna be pretty good in a couple years.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.