Dark sector.

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by menaz, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

he does seem to go overboard with it

but i'm still buyin it......for multiplayer
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

he can be hyped about whatever game he wants too....why you so conscerned????

the game does look fun, even if it looks like a clone of other games
    test
  3. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Ubisoft has made every splinter cell game, stop talking.

Here is what you said: "im just saying a lot of games look good when there isnt much shown on them....ALOT of games.....kane and lynch is a big example....it looked great till it actually came out."

^
    This logic you provided should go for SPLINTER CELL AS WELL hypocrite.
    You're logic is analogous to... the Hitman games are a proven franchise therefore kane and lynch is worthy of hype. However, you already recoginzed kane and lynch turned out horrible. Which brings us back to your comment I modified here: "im just saying a lot of games look good when there isnt much shown on them ..... splinter cell convition is a big example, it looked great till it actually came out." After splinter cell convition comes out you could very well be saying the exact samething you said about kane and lynch, so take your own advice!!!

Now your contradiction comes in here: "all i was talking bout was you getting excited about a game that has yet to prove itself and as far as splinter cell goes...is a highly proven game franchise....and the guys making the latest ones are the same ones that made the original lead title in the series.... theres a reason to be excited for splintercell cause the first 3 games were incredible"

Not everyone liked those splinter cell games, not to mention, the game play has been completely re-innovated. You can't just say the new splinter cell game has proven itself just because you deem 3 out of 5 past splinter cell games incredible. Espiecally when this new splinter cell game clearly hasn't proven shit. You should take your own advice: "im just saying a lot of games look good when there isnt much shown on them."

You're making this more than it is, the fact is your a control freak and a hypocrite end of story. Nothing personal, I'm just not putting up with your bullshit, so fuck off. Because you're a hypocrite and I'll never stop repeating it no matter how you try to spin it with your illogical statements.

I'll say this one last time, It's none of your business whether I express a liking for this game, because this thread is not about observing me liking this game it is about me providing info on dark sector. This is my thread, If I find what I'm reading and watching about this game to be cool i'll express my reactions to it, captin oblivious. You sir, are a complete hypocrite many times over.

WarPath was not the squeal to Pariah. It wasn't a bad game either it just failed to do anything new. Which clearly isn't the case with dark sector since everything about it is much different from either of those games. Plus DS is a TPS not a FPS. LMAO@10 years ago. Can you count? the first one came out in 1999 we are now living in the year 2007. Which means the frist UT came out 8 years ago. The second UT came out in 2003 which means it came out 4 years ago. And the thrid UT came out in 2004 which means it came out 3 years ago. Further more, Unreal Tournament 3, is coming to Xbox360 in 2008. And lmao@ you bring up a pin ball game made in 1993 which has nothing in common with a thrid person shooter like DS in 2008. When was the last splinter cell... 2006... and the new one doesn't come out until... 2008... LMAO @ arguing a 1 year difference. Rainbow six lockdown was a huge let down in the franchise. Rainbow Six 3 had major bug issues in the franchise. Heres the issue you do not understand, you can't hide behind franchise games all being good because that clearly doesn't automatically make the next game in the franchise good. Therefore no hype pass should be awarded for splinter cell conviction because it hasn't proven shit. Moreover, you can't tell me how to express myself about a game I like while being a hypocrite on top of it. I find your being illogical and doltish here. See, there's another difference here, dark sector is a brand new game built from the ground up, while past splinter cell games have proven to be let downs. Which should tell you there is a good chance this new splinter cell game your hyping, while telling me I can't express my liking for dark sector, shouldn't really deserve a hype-pass , because it hasn't proven shit. Ubisoft could have a hit or miss with conviction. The problem is you refuse to ackowledge this fact. And You're being a outlandish hypocrite to boot.

And Unlike you, it's not a big deal to me if you express your like for splinter cell all day along. I'm not your gate keeper, I've got better things to do, But since you're being a hypocrite on this matter I'm going to point it out. It's obvious what your doing here other wise you wouldn't have missed my point nor tried to spin the fact you're being a major hypocrite.
    test
  4. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Ok well I was just making a fundamental observation about you being a hypocrite who is trying to spin that fact because you know your a hypocrite. Don't tell me I can't say I like dark sector while you give yourself a pass to praise splinter cell. LMAO@ don't state your opinion on the interent. Wrong, don't you tell me what I can and can't do on the internet when you contradic yourself doing the exact samething.

Wrong, that's not whats going on, what's going on is your a hypocrite trying to tell me I can't say what I want about DS, yet getting your panties in a bunch over splinter cell though you really don't know if its a good game or not. You tried to tell me I have no right to talk about DS yet you have every right to hype splinter cell. It's quite comical how much of a arrogant hypocrite you're being here.

It wasn't serious. You made it serious. Now I'm going to show you what happens when you try to fuck a stranger in the ass. You forget this is the internet you want to see me HYPE DARK SECTOR? I can show you hype. I'll light up this whole message board in every forum with nothing but dark sector threads. That's hype.

Exactly, You didn't care anything about the info on this game all you cared about was trying to tell me what I can and can't do while at the same time giving yourself a hypocite pass, which reads: Do as I say not as I do. I believe a FUCK YOU is in order here. I will continue to say DS is HOT a dozen more times if I feel like it. I'm not telling YOU or anyone else what to think. MOTHERFUCKER that's the difference. I've just merely pointed out your hypocrisy deal with it!
    test
  5. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

EXACTLY!

it's ridiculous. Thank you for having common sense.
    test
  6. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

menaz i cant even begin to take you seriouslly because the whole basis of your arguements are misrepresenting your opposition...you argue like a politician....you wouldnt make a good lawyer

1st....

digital extremes didnt make the unreal tournament series..it was a collaboration between digi and epic...which is why i mentioned those games as not really giving them all that much ground against my arguement because they were assisted by epic.....unreal tournament 3 has NOTHING to do with digital extremes....they had no hand in it...at all...you completely ignored the point i was making...which was that digital extremes hasnt made a good game by themselves.....

2nd double agent...the weak splinter cell title that your "trying" to use against my arguement? wasnt done by ubisoft montreal...it was done by shanghai on next gen systems and then ported down by montreal for ps2/xbox...which is why this new title has more validation because its the original dev team working on the game again..so the 2 games that montreal deved solo for the series have recieved critical success from the industry and video gamers...Lets not forget that the original breaking title and chaos theory which is considered to be the best title in the series was done by them..another point your ignoring....thus Further weakening and eliminating a point in your rebuttle...

3rd...using "not everyone liked those titles in the series" isnt a valid arguement...not everyone likes the west side story but its considered a classic in american literature....so dont even go there....the first 3 splintercell titles are held as some of the highest esteemed games of thier generation....so just quit it....seriously...stop...

4th...warpath WAS the sequel to pariah......but since pariah failed miserably in all area's they decided to rename the title and sell it under a new guise.....

5th.....i never said the new splintercell title has proven itself....i said its a proven franchise and that the devs have a better track record in creating good titles...

6......10 years ago was the release of unreal....it released in 98 we are on the cusp of 08...so i wouldnt sit there and argue a couple of months....regardless....lets give digital extremes the benefit of the doubt in creating a lot of the goods in the unreal engine...they still havent made a good title without epic

as far as me being a hypocrite....you keep rambling on and on....but you arent invalidating anything ive said...
    heres what you have trouble understanding...and you cant call me a hypocrite because its truth.....
    ubisoft montreal....has a better track record then digital extremes.....so i would bank my money on ubisoft montreal's next game to be a better title then anything digital extremes puts out next.....could i be wrong? sure i could be....but the odds are on my side....

you know what else i would bet on? team ico's next game shitting on anything digital extremes puts out next....
    if that makes me a hypocrite....so be it....its called following history you fool....

and as far as you hyping DS.....do it....thats on you...all im saying is you have a tendency to hype games with little basis..your all pure emotion with no thought process..im not stopping you from doing it

and tell me where past splinter cell games have been "let downs" besides double agent....because the first 3 games were smash hits in every sense of the word.....i wont even get into how ubi montreal made the best looking game on xbox using digital extremes engine.....yet digital extremes couldnt make its own damn engine run on the xbox for pariah
    test
  7. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Intro.) Your arguing like a child who can't admit they're wrong so you revert your tactics and bring up irrelvent matters like the successes of one gaming company over another thinking that clears you of your hypocrisy. It doesn't. And you fail to recognize this.

1.) See it doesn't matter though. It's completely irrelevent to the point I'm making which clearly your hypocrisy is still ignoring, just because Ubisoft has put out more successful games. I'm sure, the same could be said for digital extremes if they put out more games too. However, Ubisoft in Montreal isn't flawless though, so splinter cell conviction can still turn out to be a let down, which means you should recognize your hypocrisy. However, my point was, not every splinter cell has been a winner nor was the last one montreal had a hand in. Still you refuse to acknowledge the fact your being a hypocrite. My point is real simple you have no right to try to control how I express my thoughts toward DS, espically when the arguement is not about comparing which one deserves more hype as you tryed to turn it into. The argument is about you trying tell me I can't talk about Liking DS in my own thread, Yet you seem to think you can clearly hype splinter cell conviction while telling me If I find something I read or watch about DS to be cool, I shouldn't express my reactions to it, because of their past bad luck with games. That sir, is you being a complete asshole and hypocrite, fuck your red herring.

2.) That doesn't give them validation though, espeically when I've spotted frame rate issues, super human physics that don't look realisitic, crappy enemy AI, and stupid unrealistic concepts like pulling a hoody over your head to desguise yourself. Moreover, Like I said this isn't the same SC games ubisoft montreal put out in the past that you liked so well this is a completely reinnovated version that looks glitchy and is not very impressive game-play wise at all. Infact, it looks utterly boring. And stop bullshitting, the last SC was a collaboration effort between shanghai and montreal.

"Three of Ubisoft's studios, Montreal, Shanghai and Annecy, France, collaborated on the development of Splinter Cell Double Agent, resulting in exclusive content across the various platforms. While the game will carry the same overtones and overall mission structure, gamers will find unique experiences on each platform, such as unique levels and other content. And of course, online play will be available for each applicable platform."
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/675/675596p1.html

3.)they can be considered classics that doesn't make those games Good. Wario games are consider classics but that doesn't make them Good.

My argument is a vaild arguement because it proves that splinter cell conviction can be a a let down, regradless if Montreal or Shanghai is behind it. You can't disprove a negative. You completely missed the point i'm making again. you're being a hypocrtic when it comes to telling me what I can't emote when I like a game. Fuck that, and FUCK YOU!

4.) No it wasn't the sequel, however it had game-play similarities to pariah and other FPS games at the time due to the fact it didn't bring anything new to FPS.However, The storyline and characters weren't the same. And again you're arguing those games not the point at hand which is DS is nothing like either of those two games. Digital Extremes is putting out their frist thrid-person shooter, Pariah and warpath were FPS. However, all that is irrelevent to the fact the real arguement is your're a hypocrite.

5.) But that's not what the argument is about. You've completely missed the point because you refuse to comprehend it.

This is not an argument about one game deserving more hype than another.
    My points were never about that. You're purposely misconstruing the issue at hand. I'm making points about your hypocrisy.

Here is what you said: "im just saying a lot of games look good when there isnt much shown on them....ALOT of games.....kane and lynch is a big example....it looked great till it actually came out."

You're logic is analogous to... the Hitman games are a proven franchise therefore kane and lynch is worthy of hype. However, you already recoginzed kane and lynch turned out horrible. Which brings us back to your comment I modified here: "im just saying a lot of games look good when there isnt much shown on them ..... splinter cell convition is a big example, it looked great till it actually came out." After splinter cell convition comes out you could very well be saying the exact samething you said about kane and lynch, so take your own advice!!!

I'm not saying Splinter cell isn't worthy of your hype, What I'm clearly saying is you can't be a hypocrite by telling me DS isn't worthy of my praise. You're also breaking your code to not blindly trust developers no matter what.

The agrument never was about digital extreme vs team Ico's. Just like this argument was never about digital extreme vs Ubisoft. What this argument is about is you coming in my thread making statements like this... "im just talking about your hype for the game....the "OMG IM BUYING THIS GAME HOLY SHIT ITS AMAZING" So fucking what? I found this game awesome everytime I saw something new on it. I don't see why me liking DS matters to you. Therefore, when you Hype up SC like you can't possibally be wrong about that games outcome I have every right to call you a hypocrite. It's real simple, practice what you preach bitch.
    test
  8. LiQuiD6

ok menaz....imma keep this brief...

you keep citing hypocrisy......your siting it without reason...and i gave you REASONING for all of my responses....this IS About ubi vs digital extremes....it very well is...its always dev vs dev when im looking at games...ALWAYS....you always have to prove yourself and validate your ability to create greatness.....you keep acting as if I said conviction cant possibly be bad....i NEVER...EVER cited that....i myself express doubt.....there is ALWAYS doubt.....this is reality that we are both talking about correct?? Your whole shtick is assuming that i dont take the realities of game development into account....when im telling you the reasoning lies behind the history of both teams....your cries of hypocrisy are you just you saying...."wah, im a child and your picking on me"....

your whole arguement is based on your emotion....you have no logical whatsoever to any of your claims of "hypocrisy".......regardless.....I dont think your at any legnths to refer to the "child like" tendencies of anyones arguements......you made sure of that......you honestly think your hurting my feelings by making random threads? Your just further providing anyone on this board with reasons to associate your immaturity level and thought process to any and all words you type on this forum......i hope your happy? i guess?

It obviously pains you more then it does me.....so have a win....im not long winded enough to argue with idiots
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

did shanghai do double agent? I haven't beat it, but the game is far from weak.....and pandora tommorow was insane.....
    test
  10. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

It's just a fucking video game...when it comes out..EVERYBODY play the shit then pass judgment then. It's no use arguing or talking about a game when the shit hasn't even hit the shelves yet. Noone needs to resort to spamming the board either to get ur point across...just post your "opinion" and leave it as is. Obviously, everyone at this board has a different opinion but we all post here because we love to play games. Playing a game and then offering an opinion is more valid than just assuming that a game will be great under any circumstance. I don't care how "ill" a game looks..it can still be disappointing(i.e Assassin's Creed). So, whether it's Dark Sector or Splinter Cell Conviction...just play it first..then post a thread about ur experiences with it. No use argung back and forth about something that noone has played..including the parties involved. Let's be mature and sensible.

I came to this board earlier....and Menaz had spammed the board. Dude, I understand you are upset..but don't do that shit again. I KNOW for a fact you are more sensible than that. Don't resort to doing that man...just let it go.
    test
  11. LiQuiD6

yea they did.....they did good with pandora....i dunno.....i guess the whole mini missions inside the enemy base kinda threw me off.....and also the fact that the time restrictions prevented me from doing all the missions i wanted too...and im kind of obsessive when it comes to side missions....like i did every side mission in mass effect.....dont get me wrong....it wasnt a terrible game....but it was the weakest in the series....it kinda felt rushed imo...
    test
  12. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Wrong, that is the red herring you made to draw attention away from your original Hypocrisy. We both clearly know ubisoft has put out more games and will have a better record. That is a RED HERRING ARGUEMENT from the orginial point which is your being a hypocrite.

Let me show you how logic follows from the premises because you seem to suffer from what I have termed lying to the cops syndrom. Or if I should make myself more clearer you've made a non sequitur argument which is a logical fallacy. Clearly you came in this thread looking for a fight with me for no reason, hypocrite.

YOU:menaz your doing it again.
    ME: what am I doing besides posting infromation about this game and giving vinyl academics an aswer to his question about it having multi-player?
    YOU: your getting amped on a game with recent history going against the devs.
    ME: So according to you I can't post any information or video footage about this game?
    YOU: im not talking about you dropping info.....im just talking about your hype for the game.
    ME: it's none of your business what I do or don't do. But All I am doing is dropping info on dark sector. Even If I wasn't I still say it's none of your business what I do.

As anyone with a brain can clearly tell, you were trying to start a fight stating a case for so-called HYPE. But There was no HYPE, I showed you what hype was when I filled the board up last night to make my point. All there really was, was just me reacting to cool things I saw in the game which impressed me.

And so you can clearly see you're the one who came into this thread singled me out and tried to start a fight with me based on your wrong analysis yet determined thought that I was hyping this game. Which shouldn't of mattered anyway even if I was. However, all I was really doing was just being helpful to vinyl academics while also reacting to how cool looking DS was. You clearly copped a fallacious anti-menaz-hype swagger, because I was having a good time and ignoring the criticism. See, That's their opinion, they can say whatever they want about DS until the game comes out. I don't give a fuck about that. I was just doing my own thing posting the info and stating how awesome I found this game to be in my OWN THREAD nonetheless. My reactions to this game shouldn't of mattered at all to you, espeically since I was doing my own thing and none of this is suppose to be personal, right. lol!

This part here is your lame red-herring to try and excuse your hypocrisy: "history going against the devs. anything else your talking about is irrelevant...all i was talking bout was you getting excited about a game that has yet to prove itself."

let the record show... You clearly said, "all I was talking bout" was you getting excited about "A GAME" that has yet "proven itself".

YOU AGAIN: "and as far as splinter cell goes...is a highly proven game franchise....and the guys making the latest ones are the same ones that made the original lead title in the series....so comparing hype for splinter cell and comparing hype to this is foolish....theres a reason to be excited for splintercell cause the first 3 games were incredible"

Yes that is your red-herring, because "SPLINTER CELL CONVICTION" hasn't PROVEN anything YET, hypocrite. We aren't talking about UBISOFT MONTREAL, DIGITAL EXTREMES, UBISOFT MONTREAL vs DIGITAL EXTREMES, PAST SPLINTER CELL GAMES, OR PAST FPS GAMES MADE BY DIGITAL EXTREMES. Therefore, you had no reason to tell me I couldn't have a amazed reaction at DS in the guise of you labeling my amazement hype. when you clearly were hyping the new splinter cell game that hasn't proven itself yet either. Which is hypocrtical. Moreover, you also did not start a fight with jayoo though he clearly reacted amazed at the new splinter cell no different than I did at dark sector.

See my point yet? I didn't see you enter jayoo's thread on some "im just saying a lot of games look good when there isnt much shown on them....ALOT of games.....kane and lynch is a big example"

Clearly the same thing you said to me should have been said to jayoo about Splinter cell conviction, though you know full well you're a hypocrite, so you tryed to create a RED HERRING.

Also let the record show: how you switched to the word EXCITED! First I was HYPING the game, now you have a problem with my EXCITEMENT for the game. now your the Anti-menaz-EXCITED police. Who are you to tell me how to feel about anything... Noone that's who.

I want you to clearly understand your red herring doesn't excuse you from being a hypocrite, regardless if Digital Extremes past history isn't favoritable, Because you're a hypocrite, thus, not my gate keeper when it comes to what I'm emotionally express over DARK SECTOR, it shouldn't matter to you anyway espically when it didn't matter to you when jayoo expressed himself no different over the new splinter cell game that hasn't proven shit ethier. Instead you supported the new splinter cell game though it too hasn't proven anything yet and you clearly did not start a fight with jayoo condeming him for HYPING or getting EXCITED over it. Further more, I never needed to acknowledge Digital Extremes past history anyway because I don't live in the past when it comes to technology. I saw what I liked about DS and expressed my enjoyment over that. This isn't a iraqi war situation, were I would go back and look at the history to reach a conclusion about today. Technology changes and companies improve their techniques and game-play direction and clearly to me Digital Extremes did make drastic changes with DS which is why I was so impressed. I don't care if you WERE.

Your hypocrisy pissed me off without a doubt, you failing or out rightly denying your hypocrisy pissed me off even more.

Therefore, You had no REASON for even coming in here and trying to start a fight with me when I'm just doing my thing and given people their right to do their thing. Especially when the thread title is about Dark Sector not about whether i'm hyping DS. There were TONS of other screen names in this thread and you thought you could fuck with me. I tried to be nice, but honestly you need to fuck off already. Because It's evident you just wanted to start shit with me for no reason. I guess that's the type of hypocrtical creep you are.

Everything you went on to babble about after that point was nothing but a mere red herring to negate the fact you're a hypocrite. You and I are not friends, dolts like you have got to learn red herring excuses don't excuse hypocractical behavior.

END OF STORY, you're on ignore.
    test
  13. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I wasn't upset, I was pissed off at the fact this kid can't tell the difference between HYPE and MY AMAZED REACTIONS, and then he went on to try and deny his hypocrisy with a red herring distraction and Non-sequitur argument that did not follow. My point, was made, it's just sorry I had to take extreme measures for people to get it.
    test
  14. LiQuiD6

are you done?
    test
  15. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

test
  16. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

It reminds me of Gears and Resident evil 4...that electrocute thing reminds me of Bioshock. I'll play it eventually once I get my PS3.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.