Dark sector.

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by menaz, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LpJs2ichSU&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQiGO-fOBWE&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYtL7XACzzA&feature=related

It's like they took the best gameplay/graphic elements from gears of war, resident evil, bioshock and mixed them all together. This game is awesome. However, I do wonder if that metal hand turns red after awhile. The main weapon in this game is really sick it reminds me of that glaive weapon from Krull.

release date: USA: Jan. 22nd or Feb. 26th, 2008

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/d/darksector/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlRCwVx1Sfw&feature=related
    Further information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZpWrYJR7iU&feature=related
    awesome real time fight.
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

could be good....or just another graphics display

not to big on the boomerang though...graphics look insane......enemies seem kinda stupid though
    test
  3. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

looks good..

but i hate third person shooters..
    test
  4. ReverseSWAT

ReverseSWAT Active Member

A.I looks horrible. It looks like a bad carbon copy of Resident Evil 4 except the guy uses a boomerang blade. Looks decent though I guess.
    test
  5. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

im there if it has multiplayer
    test
  6. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Yes it has multiplayer. The powers you evolve into during the main game carry over into the multiplayer.
    How can someone not like the glaive? No respect for the 80's at all.

"Rain effects are not only evident on the ground around Tenno, but also spatters and rolls off his sleeves as he moves through it. We were shown the first of the game’s four major bosses: an ape-like mutant creature with incredible size and equally large strength, who rips out chunks of the concrete around him and throws them at Tenno like they were snowballs. When you fight a creature in some shallow water, striking him drips his blood in the water, the bright-blue glow shimmering and rippling with the characters’ movements."

"Similarly, hitting an intense cold source will enable you to freeze an enemy (or trap a mutant who’s moving through a pool of water by throwing the icy glaive at the water’s surface)"
    http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1819/Dark-Sector/p2/

This games going to be HOT! I'm so fucking getting this game.
    test
  7. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

whattt, i love 3rd person shooters.. i cant stand FPS usually unless its an unbelievable game all around

anyways this doesnt live up to any of the hype i had heard, it doesnt interest me at all.. some of the close-up kills are cool but otherwise ehh

id rather see another hitman game drop or somethin
    test
  8. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

or another splinter cell, definitely
    ones dropping sometime in '08 i know that
    test
  9. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

lol....menaz your doing it again.....nice graphics.....gameplay??????

you can bank on these guys cause they did the first unreal and some of the sequels.....but the last game they released was pariah....and that game was ass......

so lets see what they come up with
    test
  10. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

What am I doing besides posting infromation about this game and giving vinyl academics an aswer to his question about it having multi-player? This thread is about introducing a new game not about what is you think I'm doing. I'm not sure about the gameplay I haven't played it yet, Once I do, I'll speak on it. Not every game a gaming company produces will be a winner, But I think this game has a major chance. This game is sick the main character suffers from congenital analgia.
    test
  11. LiQuiD6

your getting amped on a game with recent history going against the devs...im just saying a lot of games look good when there isnt much shown on them....ALOT of games.....kane and lynch is a big example....it looked great till it actually came out....
    test
  12. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

So according to you I can't post any information or video footage about this game? I've already preordered it. So I don't understand where you're coming from. Espeically when you said this about Splinter cell...

"as i said before...assassins creed was like a glorified demo for this game......it was them testing out new idea's for the next splinter cell game....with that said...ac is eh to me.....but i can see alot of the crowd mechanics working in the splinter cell franchise"

There is no difference between me dropping information on this game and you dropping your information on that game. Infact, that guy who made the splinter cell thread provided info no different than I did. However, I didn't see you enter his thread on some "im just saying a lot of games look good when there isnt much shown on them....ALOT of games.....kane and lynch is a big example" Here's an idea... That goes for Splinter cell as well.

But keep being my gate-keeper it's flattering.
    test
  13. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

test
  14. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

wow...

after seeing that boss fight, this is a direct bite off of gears of war.....the hud looks exactly the same, the roady run, even the fucking text on the screen looks the same....wtf

the gritty graphic style.....even the way the monster sounds, sounds exactly like the dudes in gears..lol
    test
  15. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

^^yea.. it does look exactly like gears in that boss fight.. looks like a game where i'll play one level.. and let my little brother finish the rest.. (exactly what happened with gears)
    test
  16. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

[youtube]XKloHikEs1k&NR[/youtube]

reminds me of the new boss in the pc version
    test
  17. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

That's why I Like it though. I've already said what they've already said, which is they did indeed take concepts from gears of war, lost planet, heavenly sword, zelda, bioshock, and resident evil. The twist is the biological arm aspect and your main weapon the glaive which are awesome features. By the way, I Loved gears of war. further more, You can also buy and costumize your weapons like in Army of two. This game is going to be amazingly sweet. There's three other parts to the Developer Commentary as well. Check them out.
    test
  18. LiQuiD6

...im not talking about you dropping info.....im just talking about your hype for the game....the "OMG IM BUYING THIS GAME HOLY SHIT ITS AMAZING"

anything else your talking about is irrelevant...all i was talking bout was you getting excited about a game that has yet to prove itself

and as far as splinter cell goes...is a highly proven game franchise....and the guys making the latest ones are the same ones that made the original lead title in the series....so comparing hype for splinter cell and comparing hype to this is foolish....theres a reason to be excited for splintercell cause the first 3 games were incredible....
    test
  19. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

First of all it's none of your business what I do or don't do. But All I am doing is dropping info on dark sector. Even If I wasn't I still say it's none of your business what I do. And You're still being a hypocrite, and it's now beyond tragic because you've realize it but persist anyway. You're one of those guys who likes to start shit then gets put in his place for starting shit then ignores that factor and continues to start shit though it makes no sense too. And people wonder why fights happen and police get called. Because of nonsense.

The massive hype behind splinter cell by far out weighs dark sector. Yet the point I made is still evident you didn't say anything negative in the other guys thread about him dropping info or about him hyping spliter cell. The ridiculous part is, your still clearly hyping splinter cell like it's already proven itself to be the best game of all time while trying to tell me I can't say anything about dark sector just because it's a new game. Even though you said: "you can bank on these guys cause they did the first unreal and some of the sequels" even your own words suggest dark sector has just as much a right to be talked about as splinter cell does. You're not making any sense, infact, your coming off like a complete contradicting asshole with a control freak mentality. Moreover, Not every franchise game is a winner just because you have nostalgic feelings for the old format, and by the way those nostalgic feelings aren't shared by everyone. Not to mention, the new splinter cell game-play has been completely reinnovated into a completely new game-play format. Therefore, it's not going to be anything like playing what made the franchise so awesome to you.

You're reasoning relies on because a few past splinter cell games in the franchise have impressed you it gets a pass for being hyped. lol. what Fuck are you smoking? It's not about what has splinter cell done retrospectively anyway, it's about what has splinter cell done recently. Ten that a boys can be easily erased by one fuck up. And Ubisoft has and will continue to put out failures just like everyone else has and can.

Still LMAO @ you hyping the new splinter cell though only 3 out of 5 of them have proven theirselves to you. clearly it's possible the new splinter cell game can be a failure yet you deem it hype worthy. Jesus christ, I tried to be nice to you, but after your hypocritical out-landish comments, i'm going to have to ask you nicely to crawl back into the hole you came out from while I keep doing my thing.

You're the only person in this thread starting shit with me and I really don't see why considering what I do and don't do should be of no concern of yours. Stop annoying me.
    test
  20. LiQuiD6

no menaz....im not being a hypocrite because the studio thats making the next splintercell was responsible for the better titles in the series....

and i said yea...you can bank on unreal.....but that was 10 YEARS AGO.......thats the last GREAT game they made and they were just contributers....same with tournament 2003 and 2004....which were good.....the only game they made by themselves was pariah...which was horrible...then they made a sequel to pariah which was just as bad....and a fucking pinball game..... we can mention oh assassins creed came from ubi montreal...but they also released rainbow six vegas the same year

i was just making a basic observation on you hyping the game......you put it in this thread......guess what....it is my business........if you dont want it being my business then dont state your opinion on the internet....

either way......this isnt that serious......all i said was.....your getting your panties in a bunch and you dont even know if its a good game....maybe thats just your personality....i dont know...i dont care....its in the moment....im not dwelling on it.......but again ...if you dont want it being my business then dont express it......the hilarious thing is your on this thing about info......i dont care what info you posting up......i wasnt even referring to that....i was referring to "This games going to be HOT! I'm so fucking getting this game.".....i dont have anything against you personally....its not that serious
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.