Dana White and Joe Silva are the real winners at UFC 127

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Tha Cunnysmythe, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Copied from my post at Bloody Elbow:

Sot is out of the mix so the LW title picture’s more manageable.

A star is born in Brian Ebersole.

BJ and Fitch are no longer potentially next in line for the WW belt, unless they rematch each other for the vacant title.

Bisping goes super asshole and becomes more hated and marketable as a result.

The other British fighter on the card gets a win and more credibility for that market.

The confessed steroid cheat in Reinhardt takes an L and can safely be cut.
    test
  2. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

ebersole is lame that arrow shit smh.. i cant even say

fitch and penn are definitely close to being in line.. remember gsp doesnt fight till april, chances are they will have another booked fight against another opponent or against each other shortly after gsp fights unless someone got injured... which means one of their fights will be a contender fight, id almost guarantee it. then again dana doesnt sound to big on fitch and he personally said he thinks bj won the first 2 rounds, he didnt say whether he agreed with the 10-8 3rd or not, maybe he thinks penn won? when he feels someone won he usually pushes them along the ladder despite the judgement.
    test
  3. Tha Cunnysmythe

April's only a month away now. GSP moves up after that, leaving them to rematch each other.

Dana said he thought Rd 3 was 10-9. He thought Penn won the fight. I still see him making them rematch, to give himself a quiet life and a simpler title picture.
    test
  4. jayoo

gsp still has to win, i think he will but lets not just act like he did haha shields is good
    test
  5. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Also, on paper it was a wack card but it was pretty good
    test
  6. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

It might just have been his first dealing w/ that weight cut seeing he's been fighting at MW for awhile now, but Shields looked terrible..

Hopefully he comes into the GSP fight w/ better cardio.
    test
  7. jayoo

it was the weight cut.. 1 fight of looking sloppy but winning doesnt mean suddenly hes not good.. lmao.. he hasnt lost since what 2005? watch his past fights, his cardio? did you see him beat hendo?.. the guys proved himself as a great fighter lets not make a 3-4 month weight cut performance take away all hes done thats not even fair.
    test
  8. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

well your giving him props for beating hendo , who had the same exact problem his fight with the weight cut lol

Shields is weak and boring as hell, if hendo didn't have weight trouble that fight he'd have knocked his head off. And sheilds damn near lost his UFC debut
    test
  9. jayoo

you act like hendo didnt fight 185 before he fought shields? shields went from fighting 185 to 170 the next fight, that wasnt the situation with hendo.. the point had nothing to do with what happened to hendo anyway, it was the fact you based shields cardio off his kampmann performance when if you've ever watched him before you know thats not normally an issue

how is one of the best ground fighters in mma weak?

yeah he was sloppy and gassed against kampmann.. and even then, with kampmann being respected on the ground, he mounted him how many times? id bet an on-point shields would have finished kampmann with a sub somewhere along the way.
    test
  10. Tha Cunnysmythe

Shields beat Kampmann fairly convincingly in his first UFC fight at WW after a terrible cut. No way people should be discounting him.

The same fight made me sure that Diego has zero chance of beating Kampmann. He'll never outstrike him or take him down.
    test
  11. jayoo

haha funny i just read that as kampmann/diego are bout to start the 1st round im thinkin the same thing i like sanchez but i think kampmann is one of those guys he wont break
    test
  12. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Fitch should just be cut, who cares if he wins when nobody wants to pay to watch him fight, even if it's against a legend like BJ penn lmao.

People would prolly wanna see him and GSP on versus or soemthing

give BJ the shot

And so what if shields is good on the ground, he's boring as shit and can't fight standing up at all. 85% of his wins are decisions with him dry humping the whole time
    test
  13. Tha Cunnysmythe

Almost half of Shields' wins are by submission.
    test
  14. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

And at the same time you just described GSP.

Biotch! You wish you had a phone like mine...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.