Dana says Jake Shields gets the winner of GSP-Koscheck if he beats Kampann.

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Delinquent, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

:funny: @ fitch getting thrown aside again

Shields would beat GSP, he's a much better grappler without a doubt.

test
  2. Kid Blackie

Kid Blackie to your Jess Willard

shields will die, but cool shit.
    test
  3. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

:funny: shields is gonna beat that ass

gsp wont be able to lay n pray a grappler better than him, and shields is too good of a grappler for gsp to be able to keep it standing

shields via submission
    test
  4. Kid Blackie

gsp will outstrike him.
    test
  5. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

:funny: gsp will be on his back before he could even land anything
    test
  6. Kid Blackie

Against a dude that got saved by the bell against mayhem?

nah.
    test
  7. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

:funny:

shields is a Pan Ams BJJ PB Gold Medalist, Gracie Open grappling champion, three-time Grapplers Quest winner, ADCC Bronze Medalist, two-time All-American wrestler, 2nd place winner in the National Freestyle Wrestling Championships, World Team Trials and F.I.L.A. qualifier, and BJJ Black Belt under Cesar Gracie for a reason. On top of training with Olympic freestyle wrestlers from the best nation in the world in freestyle wrestling (Team U.S.A) while a weakass national team like Canada who has only won 1 gold in men's Olympic wrestling are shattering GSP's dreams and telling him he has no chance of even making their team with his skill level

you expect Shields to lose or be outgrappled by a dude who couldn't finish Dan Hardy due to technical errors on BJJ white belt level submissions?

Nah. :funny:
    test
  8. Serb

Serb The Answer

yo Del in MMA wrestling is totally different than regular wrestling

the stance, everything

Gsp is the best MMA wrestler

and he in way better shape and stronger than sheilds
    test
  9. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

no he isnt, shields has used nothing but grappling in his whole mma career

i wouldnt say gsp is stronger, thats unproven because gsp's best wins are against guys smaller than him or lightweights, shields bulked up in muscle to compete at middleweight at one point
    test
  10. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

id bet money gsp wont be on his back longer than 2min this entire fight if it ends up being gsp/shields.. dont get me wrong shields IS the better grappler, but gsp is by far the better wrestler, his base is amazing.

i know shields credentials give him experience that speak for itself but so have many people gsp has fought who had these wrestling credentials and what happened? the best grapplers/wrestlers/strikers in the world dont always end up in the biggest tournaments, gsp has never wrestled.. theres guys who've wrestled the top competition in college, even went olympic, and gsp outwrestled them. it all depends on what path your on, if gsp grew up wrestling who knows where he would have went with it? he just happened to be doing other martial arts. if shields proves me wrong id be surprised, im not gonna argue it though.

in my opinion shields doesnt have the best takedowns its gonna make it hard to take gsp down.. and gsp has some of the best takedowns in mma. i think its more an argument of if shields will sweep gsp than anything.. if he can do that easily then gsp will have problems and be on his back more, but from takedowns? no way.
    test
  11. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

^GSP has never faced a grappler of Shields's caliber. especially being that shields is more complete, great wrestler AND great BJJ

fitch = just a wrestler
    hughes = just a wrestler, decent submissions tho
    koscheck = just a wrestler
    etc etc

he outwrestled koscheck who trained on nothing but striking for that fight. dont remember much ofthe grappling in the fitch fight, but shields also has already outgrappled fitch AND submitted him

but damn, peep this

Shields training with two-time NCAA Division I Folkstyle wrestling champion and 2008 Olympic Freestyle wrestler Ben Askren

Video - Scramblers Delight on Flowrestling

these to are beasts man. askren is gonna be a problem once he gets deeper in his career. hes already 6-0 with a world welterweight title shot coming up in bellator
    test
  12. BPtheDon

BPtheDon Yeeeeeeuh

i don't like shields for some reason. i was disappointed henderson couldn't lay him out
    test
  13. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

We all knew Jon Fish wouldn't get the title shot once Dana fucked him after the Alves fight.

I expect it to turn out as GSP v Shields, but I can't pick a winner.
    test
  14. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

yeah, i wasnt surprised dana said fuck you and gave him no title shot lol

shields easily deserves it more

just look at fitch's last wins after his loss to GSP

Thiago Alves - Alves was coming off a loss and a long layoff going into the fight
    Ben Saunders - never was a top contender, eventually cut from the UFC
    Mike Pierce - a nobody
    Paulo Thiago - his best win of the bunch
    Akihiro Gono - coming off a loss

compared to a 14 fight win streak with Dan Henderson, Mayhem, Robbie Lawler, Paul Daley, Nick Thompson, Mike Pyle, Carlos Condit, Yushin Okami, Dave Mene, and Toby Imada, all in that 14 fight win streak span. Not to mention Condit and Pyle are two of the UFC's current top welterweights and Okami is one of the UFC's top middleweights 1 fight away from a title shot
    test
  15. jayoo

i agree, i just think gsp would be hard for shields to get down he isnt the best in that aspect but once it actually hits the ground i think hes more versed in most areas, it'll definitely be interesting. and yeah i kept pointing out that koscheck trained 80-90% striking for his first gsp fight, definitely played a part, gonna be interesting this time around.
    test
  16. jayoo

not to mention fitch fought gsp once and shields never has, it's a bigger draw for a title fight then a fitch rematch.. if fitch wins, him vs shields wont be as big and gsp vs shields non-title wont be as big
    test
  17. DahStoryTella

DahStoryTella knowledge of self

Fitch left out again?

Well, IMO something has to be done about AKA not fighting each other.-- Wait, I haven't followed MMA for a bit. Have they agreed to fight each other? Haha.
    test
  18. Serb

Serb The Answer

he almost had him lol

a younger henderson would of had sheilds get carried away

had sheilds wobbling the whole first round.

imagine a young hendo
    test
  19. Serb

Serb The Answer

tbh

it should be Fitch vs sheilds instead of kampman
    test
  20. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Noooooo.

Makes no stylistic sense as Shields' first UFC fight. Fitch would be Fitch and Shields wouldn't take any risks because Fitch's wrestling is so dangerous.

In theory you're right though, IMO.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.