Damn, LushOne vs Hollow via Twitter right now...

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Grayfox215th, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2813308004

2813308004 New Member

If you got something intelligent to say I won't trash it, but if you're contending something patently wrong I will point it out.

Also, SWP looking like a whiny child right now—look up everything I've said on IMF, UN, CIA factbook; it's all correct. Maybe you can even visit a library!
    test
  2. avocado

avocado Well-Known Member

well it did help prove his point in a hell of a lot more cohesive way than you did and kinda made you look foolish, so i guess it worked right?
    test
  3. Higher Learning

Higher Learning Top Floor Gettin Brain

Is it me or does Drect sound like he never says anything DIRECTLY... serious tho... The Q and A was decent, but it was like squeezing an orange with your left hand to get the juice out... Pretty much every answer: We are doing our best, communication issue, we ran out of money/business or sponsors fell thru, or thank you for the continued support. Robot programmed for any combination of those choices... Keep it hunned, we all still have love for GT, even the trolls
    test
  4. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

you saw what "keeping it hunned" got lush bad idea.
    test
  5. alnomsultan

alnomsultan New Member

I agree with many of your points but I have to make this clear...
    You said that a country that didn't ally with Nato or the Soviet bloc was considered third world. The president of Lebanon called on the U.S. for help against communism, making this definition invalid. The term "third world" is used to mean "developing" but that doesn't mean that it's not a fading term. The reason why people who actually matter in the political world shy away from this term is because the natives of these countries don't necessarily like being associated with a term so synonymous with "shitty".
    test
  6. swpstateofmind

swpstateofmind i got da burna

How did it make me look foolish?

He is wrong. It's not a third world country. You can argue something wrong in a cohesive way, you know.
    test
  7. IAmMrGetItDone

IAmMrGetItDone Mr. Get It Done

thats what CEOs suppose to do
    test
  8. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

swp did u actually refute any of this with more than just "no. i've been there. it's not a 3rd world country."??

test
  9. swpstateofmind

I never refuted it with that.

I'm not arguing with him. Especially when someone already made my point, more succintly than I could. I brought up the fact I have been there originally when ppl said it wasn't beautiful or safe. It was both BEAUTIFUL and SAFE when I was there.
    test
  10. 2813308004

2813308004 New Member

Alnom, are you from Lebanon? Just wondering because you have a good insight into the region's geopolitics. I disagree with you however, but I understand where you're coming from—what I'm talking about is that since it was in a civil war at the time of US intervention it couldn't be aligned to make it part of the NATO bloc—the specific aid requested by Chamoun resulted in the radical polarization of the country during the civil war—in effect making it a third world country. Additionally, US intervention evaporated as the appeal resulted in high casualties for the United States. Finally, I agree with 3rd world country being a pejorative/derogatory word but it's effect and usage remains entrenched in the popular lexicon despite misgivings—kind of like various racial epithets.

Finally, addressing SWP another time—I am referring to historical lebanon when defending Diz's 3rd world country assertion. The country was in civil war, it lacked tons of infrastructure, and a good portion of the population was under threat of physical harm. It's worth noting, like I said earlier, that Lebanon is still classified as an emerging/developing nation in almost all credited analyses—of course save for SWP's brilliant insight on international economic classification: if it's pretty and there are some safe spots, then it's not third world
    test
  11. sixtyn9ne

sixtyn9ne Member

"Asked for help to fight communism" is not the same thing as "was an ally of NATO." Check this map, you'll see that Lebanon is green. It definitely qualifies for the cold war definition of third world.

And sure, "third world" is probably no longer a politically correct term, but who gives a shit? If "developing" and "third world" pretty much mean the same thing, then neither one is more synonymous with "shitty" than the other. Besides, "developing" is a pretty bad term, because some countries are actually getting less developed over time.
    test
  12. PopUpStoryBook

PopUpStoryBook New Member

Oops nevermind
    test
  13. alnomsultan

alnomsultan New Member

Thanks for the correction, point taken. I figured since Lebanon allowed U.S. troops in for this reason, it would have qualified as an ally, I guess not. I still stand behind the idea that "third world" is a fading term in the political world for the reason that it makes these countries seem disconnected to the rest of civilization. It doesn't personally bother me if someone uses it, though.
    test
  14. IAmMrGetItDone

IAmMrGetItDone Mr. Get It Done

test
  15. alnomsultan

alnomsultan New Member

Yes and thank you. You know a lot as well. Did you major in world affairs?

I can agree with this. I don't mind it as popular lexicon, I was just pointing out that it's a phrase not well liked by many foreigners for this reason which is resulting in it not being used as much by people in higher office.
    test
  16. 2813308004

2813308004 New Member

Yeah—history/international studies; currently law school to work for legal aid—hah. Yeah, I'm from a "third world country" too—and yeah politicians are very conscious about their word choice nowadays with the radical emphasis on political correctness.
    test
  17. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

Lebanon 20 years ago is not the same as Lebanon today. So your perspective of Lebanon as it is now, has absolutely no relevance to Diz discussing the state of Lebanon as it was when he left.

So while your experience may invalidate the claims of those saying it's unsafe today, you're clearly speaking completely out of pocket when you call Diz a liar.

That is, unless, you visited Lebanon during the Civil War. Is that the case?
    test
  18. -LMS-

-LMS- Art Of War CEO

:dead:
    test
  19. swpstateofmind

You actually buy that gimmick, bro?

I wasn't calling him a liar about how Lebanon was when he was there.
    test
  20. roc55555

roc55555 Well-Known Member

Whats this twitter shit all about? I see folks talkin about it in other threads too.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.