damn brehs, USA getting bodied at the olympics

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Track 2, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANIEL SONNN

DANIEL SONNN New Member

qphaaaan

and this guy thinks rubio is the best pg in the NBA LOLOLOL
    test
  2. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

Don't feel like quoting all this. But as I said, you won't prove anything by using Rose, Williams, or Westbrook because as I said, NO POINT GUARD CAN STOP THEM.

Rubio still had a double-double in their loss by 9 pts.

But "Chris Paul & Rajon Rondo can stop him" right??

DERRICK ROSE VS RICKY RUBIO - 31 PTS, 11 ASSISTS
    DERRICK ROSE VS CHRIS PAUL - 29 PTS, 16 ASSISTS
    DERRICK ROSE VS RAJON RONDO - 25 PTS

I don't see ANYONE "stopping" him. He did Chris Paul worse than Rubio tbh.

But here's Rubio vs a guard who isn't one of the most athletic at his position in the history of the NBA sotechnical

test
  3. Stolos26

Stolos26 Active Member

Youre the one whos stating ridiculous opinions like Rubio is the best PG and that hes an elite defender. I keep proving you wrong and all you do is keep starting new petty arguments that arent even related to eachother to save face.

rubio is good but hes FAR from being in the top tier of point guards. like you said, hes only a rookie, so why you trying to put him in a class with all the elite guys? just stop.
    test
  4. Kunty McPhuck

Kunty McPhuck aka Mr C U Next Tuesday

Half and half, they shouldnt of let the big group get away especially with the 3 Spanish riders in it who could set the speed. But no-one in the Peloton apart from 2 German riders wanted to help bring it back. Oh well, cannot do that fuckery on Weds in the Time Trial.
    test
  5. FuckOff

FuckOff Member

stop it.

rondo, nash, paul, williams, rose, westbrook. but no, rubio was the best?

rubio is flashy, fun to watch, and a good point guard. but definitely not the best.
    test
  6. Sky2real

Sky2real Active Member

Rubio is a good defender. Anybody saying otherwise is incorrect. I'm not going to waste any time debating because it's a well known fact that only someone who doesn't know/watch/breathe basketball would try to dispute.

I gotta find out when ping pong is on. That shit be fun to watch. Plus them Asian girls be cute as fuck.
    test
  7. SiegeSupreme

Track & Field >>>>
    test
  8. Roddy

Roddy Well-Known Member

no we are not.. its 14 - china ...13-Us

and most of Chinas come from the chinese sports... that got 2 medals for Taekwondo and 8 medals for Ping Pong

when its all said and done.. they wont be close
    test
  9. Roddy

Roddy Well-Known Member

you already missed it
    test
  10. Sky2real

Sky2real Active Member

Son of a fucking cunt bastard.....are there gonna be anymore matches or it's all over ?
    test
  11. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

ping pong is an Olympic sport? ridic
    test
  12. SiegeSupreme

Lol @ 8 medals from ping pong.

Damn they kicked ass
    test
  13. Tremque

Tremque Tremendous

test
  14. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

woooooooooooooooooooooooo bronze in mens team gymnastics

UK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    test
  15. Jizzurrection

Jizzurrection College Educated

Cot dayum @ the team USA water polo girls

They beat Hungary but got owned by Hunger

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  16. SiegeSupreme

That gorilla lookin bitch know damn well she shouldn't be wearin anything that revealing. deathstare
    test
  17. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

ricky rubio went 1 for 3 in the 2008 gold medal game. he scored 6 points. 6 as a number happens to be less than the numbers 22, 21, 18, 12,11 and 10, which were the point totals of Rudy Fernandez, Pau Gasol, Jaun Carlos Navarro, Carlos Jimenez, Marc Gasol and Felipe Reyes respectively. Rubio was the seventh scorer on his own team that game. you're simply making things up.

I watch a ton of basketball. all 82 wolves games every year and probably 10-15 of other teams, then playoffs. its my favorite thing. You don't watch very much basketball if you think steve nash being one of the most unselfish players and gifted passers alive makes up for his lack of lateral quickness, lack of defensive ability and lack of ability to consistently get to the line. stop talking about statistics, tell me what avenue steve nash was winning a title in. which year? Best shot he had was that year where the suspensions ruined the spurs series and nash absolutely did not have an angle with which to defeat chauncey billups and the tight team defense of the detroit pistons in a seven game series. Derrick Rose's team was the favorite to win the title before his injury this year, and he's still a young, rough around the edges player. Juan Carlos Navarro averaged 11 points per game on 36 percent 3 point shooting his only year in the nba. he left for the same reason Fran Vasquez never came over. He likes his country and culture more than playing in the nba. would have adjusted just fine to the nba and plays exceedingly well against nba guards in international competition. dead at him making more money than ricky rubio even before you consider JCN's salary is completely tax free.

your lack of respect for barcelona (which i bet extends to CSKA moscow and panthiakos) and the euroleague in general is hilarious when considering you also are chiding someone for 'not watching basketball'. you do not know very much at all

in 2003 barcelona lost to memphis 91-80. couldn't find a box score.

in 2006 barcelona defeated the 76ers 104-99. allen iverson went 3-12 and was outscored by JCN.

in 2008 barcelona lost to the lakers 108-104. Juan Carlos Navarro drops 34 and 7 assists but just loses out to the eventual nba champion runner ups. kobe, pau, bynum and odom all played real minutes.

the very next night barca lost to the clippers 114-109.

on october 7 2010 barcelona defeated the lakers 92-88 in the annual nba champion vs euroleague champion game

what are you basing this team sucking on? How closely do you follow non-nba basketball?

Unrelated to this dude, but to the dude who said rubio's a great defender, he's got long arms and plays passing lanes well but he's very poor one on one. For now. As the biggest wolves fan on the planet and like i said as a dude who watches every minute of possible wolves basketball its funny to me how hard this guy rides for rubio (although I think he's merely overrating unselfishness; when its the only thing you have athletes still whup ur ass)

edit: lmfao at the cavs shitting on a team that regularly plays and beats nba teams, but just for posterity here's the most recent euroleague/nba game played, and the nba team happened to be the cavs:

http://www.nba.com/games/20101016/MOSCLE/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0011000077#nbaGIPlay

W for CSKA Moscow.
    test
  18. Jizzurrection

Jizzurrection College Educated

Apparently that big Mexican girl is one of the best water polo players in the world

Keep bangin mamaz
    test
  19. Scancast

Scancast US Scancast

Empty VIP Seats At London Olympics

People might want to review this info!

Info -

LONDON - Hoping to quell controversy after large swaths of seats appeared unfilled, London Olympic organizers said British troops and schoolchildren had been given free tickets Sunday to fill many of the vacant rows.

A day after the city reveled in the splendor of Danny Boyle’s critically acclaimed Opening Ceremonies, many locals were piqued Saturday when television footage showed empty seats at some of the most popular sporting events, including swimming and gymnastics, that they had been told were sold out. Such scenes ignited speculation that corporate sponsors had been provided tickets they weren’t using, leaving the public on the outside looking in.

More
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...and-soldiers/2012/07/29/gJQA6YVBJX_story.html

Backup Link 1
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...--tickets-sent-foreign-VIPs-black-market.html

Backup Link 2
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/29/olympics-empty-seats-locog-army

Israeli President Cancels Trip To London Olympics
    http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.aspx?ID=276949

Tom Jones Cancels Olympic Concert
    http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/tom-jones-illness-cancels-celebration-concert-072912

Anyone find this all a bit strange?
    test
  20. SiegeSupreme

My bad for putting points. I meant 29 minutes. For the "third guard on the rotation and worse guard than Navarro" he played more minutes than everyone on the floor.

Wouldn't you agee that your key player usually plays the most minutes for your team?

Secondly, unless you played basketball at the college level, it's not possible for you to know more about basketball than me. And I admittedly don't watch most foreign basketball, but I DID watch Barcelona games from when Rubio played, and I also played highschool basketball with a member of China's national team. But let's entertain the thought -

YES Steve Nash makes up for his lack of athleticism. That's why he's a 2x MVP, 8x all star, 2x skills champ, 3x NBA first team, etc. Like I said before, he's the only player in the top 15 last year for double-doubles who wasn't a center of power forward.

Oh yeah, he's also SIXTH all time in assits, FIRST in free-throw percentage, and TENTH in 3's made.

I'd say being one of THE most accurate shooters in the history of basketball as well as being one of THE best passers as well makes up for any lack of "lateral quickness" or "defensive ability".

Winning a title has nothing to do with how good a player is. is LeBron had never own a title that wouldn't change the fact that he was one of the best players and dynamic scorers in NBA history.

As for the Moscow game, what were you attempting to prove there? They beat the Cavs by FOUR POINTS.

AND THE CAVS DIDNT EVEN HAVE ANTWAN JAMISON, MO WILLIAMS, ANDERSON VARAJAO, OR ANTHONY PARKER ganikcheesin ganikcheesin

So your point was that Moscow can beat a Cavs team by (one of the worst teams in the NBA btw) who only had one starter play limited minutes by four points??

Gee, I'm impressed :cheesin:
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.