damn brehs, USA getting bodied at the olympics

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Track 2, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drones

Drones Active Member

"We" lmao.
    test
  2. KRich662

KRich662 Well-Known Member

USA is second in total medals and second in gold medals. yet we getting bodied.
    test
  3. cheddah12

cheddah12 Well-Known Member

Holy shit this jus bodied the fuck outta me
    test
  4. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

Rubio is a very good defender, surprisingly. Was averaging over 2 steals per game before he got hurt last year.
    test
  5. A.S.B

A.S.B I Don't Like You

I agree. I made it to halftime of water polo before I turned it off. I'm like is this how little my time is worth? And what preceded water polo, rowing. This is like privileged kids high society camp activities.
    test
  6. Kunty McPhuck

Kunty McPhuck aka Mr C U Next Tuesday

Track Da Gawd [​IMG]
    test
  7. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

He WAS the third guard in the rotation...BECAUSE HE WAS 16 YEARS OLD.
    Do people not understand how young Rubio was last team you all saw him play? Of course he isn't gonna start over more experienced guards. But as I said before, IN THE GOLD MEDAL GAME AGAINST USA RUBIO OUTSCORED EVERYONE ON BOTH TEAMS AND PLAYED MORE MINUTES THAN NAVARRO. He even played more minutes than Pau Gasol, who is undoubtedly the star of that team.

And they may be the "yankee of the euroleague" but that doesn't change the fact that they're a shitty team. Maybe they're good compared to other euroleague teams, but the Cavaliers would shit on that team.

And you said Nash couldn't be the best player on a title team?? Do you even watch basketball??? People like you think "OMG Derrick Rose is so good he scores a bajillion points" when he also takes a million shots a game and only passes when he can't get a shot off. Yet Nash can score just as much as Rose does, but he doesn't because he's a pass-first guard. Steve Nash will be the 2nd best player on the Lakers next year, and would be the best player on most teams in the NBA.

Did you see his stats this past year? He showed how good he actually can be when he doesn't have anyone to pass to, yet he still managed to average over 11 assists a game while also scoring 20+. STEVE NASH IS THE ONLY POINT GUARD IN THE NBA LAST YEAR IN THE TOP 15 FOR DOUBLE-DOUDBLES. THE REST ARE ALL CENTERS/POWER FORWARDS.

And Rubio "carried the bags in the barcelona" but now he's an NBA player making a lot of money while Navarro is still stuck in a shitty Euroleague making minumum wage where Javale McGee's mom could be a scoring threat.

BTW I never realized how good Navarro was when he was making league minumum on the Memphis Grizzlies manikpanic
    test
  8. SiegeSupreme

They're boring as fuck to watch, but they do take HELLA conditioning. Water polo players have to tread water for like an hour straight.

If we want to talk about bullshit sports

Olympic Race Walking Rules

If walking is a sport, I'm athletic as hell qplosin
    test
  9. A.S.B

A.S.B I Don't Like You

Dead at dude who falls 30 seconds in. To be fair though they are walking 31 miles in a little over 3 and a half hours, no easy feat.
    test
  10. Stolos26

Stolos26 Active Member

Getting a lot of steals doesn't automatically made you a "very good" defender. By stealing, you're also gambling. You either steal the ball, foul, or give up an easy bucket. Ex: Russel Westbrook.

Rubio is undersized and his lateral movement isn't that good either. He can't stay infront of bigger, faster, guards. No way he can successfully contain guys like Rose, Deron, Westbrook.
    test
  11. GunRhymes

GunRhymes New Member

give coli the props on your first line op.
    test
  12. Lackadaisical

Lackadaisical Well-Known Member

I can barely walk downstairs to my kitchen. smh.
    test
  13. ChickenAdobo

ChickenAdobo Call me Bryan

wait, what cycling events passed already? i'm probably the only one on this site who was looking forward to velodrome events...

Chris Hoy da gawd
    test
  14. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

^^ I think they mean the silver we got in the womens road race
    (the men fucked up)
    test
  15. SiegeSupreme

Rubio IS a good defender. If you even watched any of his games against good opponents you would see that.

He isn't undersized either. Besides the fact that he's skinny, he's actually tall for a point guard and he's lanky with long arms.

@ Lol @ "he cant contain rose, deron, and westbrook". Good job naming the fastest and highest scoring guards in the league to try and prove a point. NO Nba point guard can "contain" these guys. That's why they score 25+ a game dumbass.
    test
  16. SiegeSupreme

To be "fit" you're supposed to be able to walk 4-5 miles in an hour. So by doing the math, they're walking about twice as fast as old women who walk around the track for excercise.
    test
  17. SunTzu mafuka

SunTzu mafuka Member

CHINA 12
    USA 11
    ITALY 7

u think china gon win in track? basketball?

we gon win this! fuck outta here wit that losin bullshit
    test
  18. proteam40

proteam40 god speed, centipede

Total medals mean shit it's all about de gold
    test
  19. MizzHitZBeatZ

MizzHitZBeatZ Ima Beast On The Beats

Yall know damn well them
    China folks gon win in ping pong.

That's they main sport! Even KungFu
    Panda played pingpong with chicken
    dumplings...
    test
  20. Stolos26

Stolos26 Active Member

Really Pat? usureboutdat

[youtube]pKxBaJJ5IMg&feature=fvst[/youtube]

let's see how he did against the reigning MVP and arguably the best player in his position. youd figure if one goes up against the best, he'll bring his A game. I'll break it down play by play for you...

:43 - first off, he's not even putting any pressure on him. Taj Gibson comes in for the pick and Rubio decides to go under it and gives Rose the shot. he must not have known that Rose has added a three point game to his arsonal. Awesome defensive scouting.

:53 - Rubio decides to fight over the pick this time. Rose comes off the pick and finds Gibson for the wide open jumper (who Rubio was suppose to pick up). Bulls get the easy basket.

1:12 - Remember what I said about stealing? Rubio goes for the steal and gets burned by a much faster, bigger, and stronger point guard. Rubio makes no effort to get back on defense.

1:38 - Look at all that room hes giving him. I won't blame rubio so much on this one because this was just bad overall defense of the TWolves part.

1:50 - Once again, hes putting no pressure on Rose.

2:25 - Rubio's weak lateral movement getting exposed on this play. Rose just blew right past him.

2:32 - My goodness. This reminded me of when PH made The Saurus flinch :lol: :lol: :lol:

2:56 - Too Big. Too Strong. Too Fast. Too Good.

3:24 - This is interesting. Rubio fell asleep after Rose made the pass to Deng was has a wide open lane to the hoop but unfortunately Deng didn't see him.

3:30 - Really Ricky? you gon give him that shot?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that's not enough for you, let's see how he does against other PGs in the league

Ricky Rubio NBA Profile 2011-2012 - Ricky Rubio NBA Fantasy Basketball Stats

some interesting statlines stick out...

Mar 5 vs C. Paul W 95-94 6 16 -10
    Mar 1 vs S. Nash L 95-104 14 27 -13
    Feb 28 vs C. Paul W 109-97 9 30 -21
    Jan 10 vs D. Rose L 100-111 22 34 -12
    Dec 26 vs R. Westbrook L 100-104 16 25 -9

:hmmmm:

Chris Paul and Rajon Rondo can sotechnical
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.