DAMMMMMMMMNNN served was probably the best battle I've been to

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by phillipdrummond, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sksugfsmf

sksugfsmf New Member

Oh, so it's cool when he does it, but I can't?!
    test
  2. phillipdrummond

phillipdrummond get at me for footage

test
  3. Verbal Marksman

Verbal Marksman Inverted Speech Syndicate

hehehehehe

Nah, Ok, I'm gonna try 2 make these cats BUY your CD before I just burn them for you. I have a problem with burning underground artists shit, especially seeing as how you were tellin everybody to buy the CD cause you needed to get some equipment for your studio.
    test
  4. STRATUS

STRATUS my 9 mm goes BANG!!!!!!!

I'm listenin to the battles, I dont know why you put the first couple of battles there but now I'm hearin white mike and aboot to get into ex i against pat. good times
    test
  5. Verbal Marksman

Yo, Ex-I & Pat was fucking rediculous. I'm really happy I didn't have to battle Pat, cause I would've felt pretty bad.
    test
  6. XoVeR

XoVeR The CaucAzn Afro Pimp

How convenient. Still think it is bitch of you for not showing or atleast calling someone telling them you were not going, Still think you were ducking EX I, I don't care about being polite, thats mad disrespectful to everyone who was involved with this show and you should be bitched slapped for it. And I use to have respect for you.

Ok since that is now out the way here is my weekend recap.

Thurs I picked up sighphur1 and was just about to pick up the van, but the dude who was getting the van for us was 5 hours late picking up, and then when he got it was doing errands with it. So that delayed us quite a bit. When we got the van we scooped up No Can DO, Kail, and Why Not. Then we bounced to the bay (delayed by the frequent pit stops) Got to the bay around 11 am.

The next day was filled with tiny errands I had to run, and picking up the last member of Weird People at the Greyhound in the city. Then we went to SFSU had a mini cypher, no can do met this lucy liu looking chick, she was chill but for got to ask for the number. We swooped up P nut, then went to eat dinner with my moms. Then we tried to go to the Project blowed show at the Elbow room but could not go in becuase we was under 21, but Bus driver got no can do, kail, why not, and Aok in and Kail hosted for a little while, and the rest spit some shit then got out around 11 pm. The rest of the night was filled with looking for shit to do without finding anything. So we then went back tot he motel, went to sleep.

Saturday did not start off good, becuase PEOPLE NOT SHOWING UP. I think the iron man battles were off the hook, I really enjoyed those even though I missed the first couple becuase I made a jamba juice run for the fam. Now with the 24 man battle, me and ok spent a lot of time, specializing the brackets and for people not to show like they did was mad disrespectful, Shamako, Mic da mos, Triune three guys who could of all been serious contenders, no showed without telling us they were not going to be there. So when the first round of the battles were happening we lost the energy of the crowd becuase these people not show made Grunge and Ok look like Retards while trying to find people to fill those missing spaces. FUCK ALL OF Y'ALL WHO DID NOT SHOW. The second round of the battles when all of the byes got a chance to spit was sick. NO Can DO Vs Passwurdz to me was the highlight of that round. Pass impressed the shit outta me, that was a dope ass battle to see. To think pass is only 15 when he gets to be no can do's age watch the fuck out. The EX I Vs Pat battle was comedy in a fucked up kinda way.

After the second round Trens informed me the bboys were asking him to do the bboy competition, so Alexis Trens and I agree it would be best to let the bboys go and do there thing then finish the battles later. (Besides the long break, I think trens was right in this aspect). THE BBOYS WERE OFF THE FUCKING CHAIN, DSD-1 to me impressed the shit outta me. I was loving all of the bboy shit (EVEN THOUGH THEY SHOWED THE PERFORMERS NO GODDAMN RESPECT).

4 hours go by and we start the Quarters to the battle. I have to say THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST FINAL 8 in any battle in cali this year, royally shits on any Quarter we had for sunday service. Everybody brought it in the quarters. One note I have to say, I think that White Mike won his battle vs Dirt, but I had to forfeit my vote on that battle becuase I was the one who asked him to be in the battle, and two if I woulda voted it would of been an even number of judges, after the first round of the battle I basically just focused on giving grunge the matchups and making sure everything was going smooth.

The finals for both the emcee battle, and the bboy battles were some of the entertaining battles I have seen all year. DSD-1 WAS FUCKING JERKED I TELL YOU, FUCK DIPSET, THEY WERE GOD AWFUL.

Overall the weekend was tiring, hectic but most importantly fun as hell, even though today everybody in the van on the way back caught my moody ass atitude. Sorry y'all.

People Who impressed me the most the whole weekend

Ex I- I know how ill you are before hand, but still was very entertaining. You and No can do had a dope ass final, I loved watching it.

No Can Do- What more can I say about duke, he has been mentioned with the top emcees in cali all year, I hope people in the bay realize the reason why now.

Franco- THAT BREAK KILLED YOU MAN. This dude was murfin heads earlier in the day. Killed it in the Iron man battle, and rolled through the first two rounds of the 24 man battle, but then that break completely cooled you down. I ma be honest I thought you were all hype before yesterday, you earned a lot of respect from me man

Passwurdz- Very good first impression homey, hopefully you can build and be even more competitive

Kail- Why kail, I have never heard a judge get his named mention more times than he has. You guys made his name even more popular then then emcees who were in the battle. HAHAH

THE BBOYS IN THE BATTLE- Even though I think y'all can suck a dick for your lack of respect for the other elements, Y'all definately threw down in the battle, I loved watching the bboy competition.

Thanx Alexis, Weird PEople + KAIL, Grunge, Nut, Ok, Stratus, EX I, EX I's GF, Trens, the bboys, P nut, shit everyone who was there to make this event as successful as it was. I had a lot of fun, and look for Sunday Service III to be in the bay area either in the end of November or in Feb on Presidents Day Weekened.
    test
  7. Calliz aka Mark Spitz

Calliz aka Mark Spitz New Member

Coulda gone if madd bullshit didn't go down. lol oh well... expect joint custody at one of your cali shows soon
    test
  8. Verbal Marksman

Ayo, Xover, good lookin on the props, homie. Yes, I can't wait for Sunday Service III, I really wanted to make the other one down in San Diego.
    test
  9. XoVeR

XoVeR The CaucAzn Afro Pimp

Aye we will get you in the bay area soon man, didn't feel all the way right with out having y'all out here. Trip was a lot of fun.

And Pass, I feel for me it will be a lot easier for me to throw sunday service III in the bay area becuase of the resources I have out there. San Diego was good, but a change of scenery is needed. But damnit Sunday Serivice III will happen and will pop off, and with alexis down to help me out with it, expect the show to be better than the previous two.
    test
  10. phillipdrummond

dude I just put my raw footage on there, didn't want to bother with editing it...
    test
  11. Verbal Marksman

See, you probably have the EXACT same footage that I have. Maybe more. I think you might want to rethink what you want me to trade, just for your sake....
    test
  12. MiC Da MoSt CoNfiDenT

MiC Da MoSt CoNfiDenT You Done Want None!!!

sorry i didnt call, but...i was in fucking jail. wtf you want me 2 do?
    losing respect for not showing up to a battle is fucking retarded giving i went threw. shit i wish i could have been where you was at. it would have been alot better then stay'n in fucking jail. having people you love get fucking mad at you in shit.
    but hey. i still got respect for you and everyone involed with this event.
    ex i, i alway thought he was nice and a all around koo guy. BUT DONT THINK IM DUCKING HIM DAMNIT!!
    lol
    Mos Confident
    lex, next time i wont say shit about comming to a event. ill just show up
    test
  13. sksugfsmf

sksugfsmf New Member

Hahaha! Sick mother. That shoulda taught you a lesson not to drink and drive homeboy.
    test
  14. MiC Da MoSt CoNfiDenT

MiC Da MoSt CoNfiDenT You Done Want None!!!

test
  15. sksugfsmf

sksugfsmf New Member

You probably can't see over the steering wheel anyway.
    test
  16. Rasputin

Rasputin Immaculate Conception

Nice shit, hopefully when im down in cali i'll be able to participate in one of the jams.
    test
  17. CharlieChewbread

CharlieChewbread New Member

Mannnnnnnnnnnnn... I had a blast on Saturday. First off I would like to thank Alexis and Henry for putting on th event. We all appreciate it! The turn out was awesome.

My Personal Highlights:::::
    1) Okwerdz having his head up his ass for a majority of the event! Love you for that little homie.
    2) Mr. Passwurdz vs. No Can Do (my favorite battle of the evening)
    3) Orukusaki vs Eks Eye. (f_ucking fire)
    3 1/2) Eks Eye vs Pat (ouch... Im sure Pat has heard it all, but eks eye really handed it to him)
    4) Franco (wow)
    5) Weird People (this is the reason why i came. hahaha)
    6) The hot women vs me (I lost)
    7) The staff at the event (these people were great. I didnt expect such a psoitive attitude from them. they were all very nice people!)
    8) stylin with p-nut prior to the show (maybe next time ill take your advise and just do the damn thing.)

well, the whole damn day was pretty gravy. Im sure theres many more highlights, but I gott aget to work. Wait oh yeah, it was nice meetings all of you off the board. New friends are great!

peace
    test
  18. Okwerdz

Okwerdz We have a The Saurus

^^^wussy!!

hahahahahah i did have my head up my ass. in the beginnin i jus wanted to kill myself cuz it was so damn awful, haha i kinda jus handed u a full hosting job, hahahaha i think u handled it well grungey.
    test
  19. phillipdrummond

I think you made up for it when you did some freestyling with nocando...you guys play off each other REALLY well. I remember the first time I saw you guys do that at scribble when you were supposed to be battling and I was like...wut, that's ill. we better see more of those in the future, ha
    test
  20. Ayem

Ayem I Heart Myself

Word...Do That Up...Grunge 4 Governor...My Personal Thoughts Of Tha Battle Was Good...Didn't Like Tha No-Shows...Didn't Like Some Calls...Didn't Like My Own Personal Performance After Reflect'n On It...

Franco Came Up Ta Me Afta He Beat Me Say Somethin Like "U Aren't Awake Yet, Huh?"...O'Well...

Then For Some Weird Ass Reason That I Lost Ta Fish...he Came Up Ta Me & Said "You Could've Done Way Better, I Seen U At Other Battles, You Could've Ate Me"...Bleck...I Beat His Ass Before...

It Didn't Hit Me Until I Heard I Lost...Then Hear'n How I Lost Due Ta A Judges Last Minute Vote Reversal...It Hit Me That I Slouched Tha Whole Fuck'n Battle & Didn't Step Wit My Full Potential...

My Favorite Battle Of Tha Night: eX-i vs Oruko Saki...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.