DAMMMMMMMMNNN served was probably the best battle I've been to

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by phillipdrummond, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phillipdrummond

phillipdrummond get at me for footage

literally just got back. I think this might have been a better battle than scribble, if not as ill. I didn't want to make judgements on a good portion of the battles (even though I was judging) because so many people were SOOOO ill. Nocando won against Ex-I in the finals, btw, they were both really ill.
    Franco won the iron man and made it to the semis of the 24 man where he lost to nocando (it was really close IMO, but nocando was on fire!!! congrats to him)
    Unfortunately about 5 people who were signed up to battle didn't show (truine, and a bunch of other people I hadn't heard of before) but some people just came out the crowd and battled, which was really dope of them.

This dude Dirt came out of no where and was ill, I thought he was gonna be so so but he was ill. He beat white mike who was coming really nice, too, I thought that was a pretty even battle, one of those hard to call ones. Bo-rat lost to Nocando in the semis but repped really hard against him, again, another great battle that I thought, at least for the first two rounds, was even and hard to call. Stratus didn't battle in the 24 man and I don't recall seeing him in the iron man, which disappointed me, but I got his cd and it's ill!!! the beats on it are tight, too, cop that and customer service and white mike and okwerdz and franco's shit, these kids are ill and deserve to be supported. Bo-rat beat vix freon in the quarter finals, I believe, which was a pretty tight battle, vix was wowing the crowd with his cadence...
    ex-i had a sick cadence and so did nocando, which was one reason they made for such a sick final round.
    Okwerdz served some dudes outside (pseudo thug types) who were all angry he was spitting "some alphabet type shit" but I didn't catch it, ex-i just told me about it.
    Props to AOK who did a good job, just jumping in the battle because other emcees flaked. I think franco beat him, not sure though. I might be forgetting some people, but that was a really goddam ill battle. I got some footage and alexis has it all. Props to cipher1 for coming up from diego, that's a long journey...same for xover and white mike. I was really happy with the other judges, I think they did a great job, but some of those battles were so hard to call and I just wanted to see them go on battling more and more rounds...
    all in all, that was the battle that I've left feeling the best and being like "damn, that was fucking ill battle," I hope I can put on a battle to match that!!!
    test
  2. Knoxx

Knoxx New Member

Sounds dope...can't wait to get some audio.

Peace
    test
  3. phillipdrummond

WAIT!!! Passwurdz/verbal marksman did a GREAT job against nocando, mad props to him, he repped hard!
    test
  4. sksugfsmf

sksugfsmf New Member

Get on AIM. Good recap. Who remembers lines? And Alexis, I swear if this shit takes you more than a few weeks to get online I'm crackin skulls. And no "Round 1 Highlite" shit. Just upload the whole battle in a few sections.
    test
  5. Mini Thin

Mini Thin New Member

sounds dope as hell, i knew someone from cali was gonna take it........hahaha can't wait to see video ........peace Mini
    test
  6. phillipdrummond

I'm dubbing audio right now, cause Elliot love the kids!!! it'll be up prob. within the hours or so...
    test
  7. fozzit da leaky

fozzit da leaky Saucy MC

test
  8. Verbal Marksman

Verbal Marksman Inverted Speech Syndicate

quotes from the battle:

Ex-I vs. Pat (who had one leg): "you can suck my nutsack- he'll hop away on one leg and he'll never come back" Yea, that was pretty chopped up, probably.

Passwurdz (hehe) vs. Nocando: "I will start rippin this queer- he has a tatoo on his ass that says Richord Simmons was here"

Nocando vs. Passwurdz: "you look like Talib Kweli & Mos Def's illegitimate child" Even I had to laugh at that shit. It was pretty funny.

I'll remember other quotes later.

It was pretty crazy. In the first round, nobody showed up to battle me, and I was really hyped up. I got to the second round literally without trying. lol

p.s. White Mike got jerked like a motherfucker!!!!
    test
  9. phillipdrummond

filename on soul seek "served 2 battle 9-20-03" user name (in underground hip hop room on soulseek): kingacr

order of battles:
    cipher1 vs vix freon
    iron man vix freon vs. orok saki
    franco vs. oroko saki
    franco vs. cipher1
    franco vs. atypical/p-nut
    franco vs. ???

24 man clips:
    ??? (audience member) vs dirt
    joesquare vs. ??? (audience member)
    ??? (audience member) vs. pat
    pnut vs. fish
    dirt??? vix freon
    joe sqaure??? (maybe audience member?) vs white mike ---> listen for emceebattles.com line
    pat vs. ex-I
    nocando vs bo-rat
    cipher1 vs. franco

btw if you want to see bo-rat and franco battle, come to the show at the coach house in santa barbara (110 santa barbara street, 92110) on septermber 26th 9pm-1am, only $5 and we're trying to convince customer service/weird people to come on up so don't be surprised if they're there,too.
    test
  10. phillipdrummond

equalibrum (www.soundclick.com/equalibrum/) the guy who did the pass me the ammo remix of mac lethal will be there and other dope artists on his site, check it out!!!
    test
  11. phillipdrummond

^^^filename refers to the fact that I just dubbed what I had on my video camera onto mp3, d/l it and enjoy!!!
    test
  12. Verbal Marksman

Ayo, Mic the Mos, where were you, homie????
    I had the pack of Blacks, but I ended up smokin most of them by the end of the night.
    test
  13. phillipdrummond

I think I saw him, but not positive if it was him...
    test
  14. fozzit da leaky

fozzit da leaky Saucy MC

i thought u were gonna upload them..
    test
  15. phillipdrummond

yeah, I'm working on it
    test
  16. Verbal Marksman

Yea, I saw a guy that I thought was Mic, but it was some guy named Yogi (according to P-Nut).
    test
  17. fozzit da leaky

fozzit da leaky Saucy MC

mic didnt go... neither did i..
    test
  18. Verbal Marksman

^^
    I knew that you weren't gonna go. Didn't you say you were gonna go to the Cyberclash? Where was Mic, though?
    test
  19. phillipdrummond

test
  20. DaMayor

DaMayor Future of Hip-Hop

Sorry I aint fimilar to Cali language but whats a pack of blacks?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.